Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

General chat thread... Links, pictures, banter etc

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,089 ✭✭✭✭listermint

D3V!L wrote: »
    Also was it a solid or broken white line ?

Completely broken it's a dual carriageway choked with traffic static and slow moving daily

So are you being prosecuted or you just got a bollocking from a wanker?

Driving without due care and attention.

But opener was I was driving at 80 and that's the problem.

Zero evidence to back it up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

listermint wrote: »
    Driving without due care and attention.

But opener was I was driving at 80 and that's the problem.

Zero evidence to back it up.

Sounds like you got a wanker alright.

I'd be inclined to take legal advice. The law hopes you don't go to court because they threaten you with increased points and a bigger fine.

The €80 you could take on the chin, but the points stay on your licence for three poxy years. I've just lost the three I picked up (for speeding, I was caught at a check point/speed trap) ~ and believe me its a long poxy three years.

If I thought it worth while I'd go to court, I'd certainly take legal advice because prosecuting you on the sole opinion of a member of AGS seems grossly unfair.

Sounds like you got a wanker alright.

I'd be inclined to take legal advice. The law hopes you don't go to court because they threaten you with increased points and a bigger fine.

The €80 you could take on the chin, but the points stay on your licence for three poxy years. I've just lost the three I picked up (for speeding, I was caught at a check point/speed trap) ~ and believe me its a long poxy three years.

If I thought it worth while I'd go to court, I'd certainly take legal advice because prosecuting you on the sole opinion of a member of AGS seems grossly unfair.

Im beginning to lean towards it, Its grossly unfair tbh, id take it on the chin if i was acting the ballix but i simple wasnt. I left early from the house to get in time as it was a bit colder. Taking it easy as i went. The missus would kick my arse if i came off the bike 2 weeks before she pops the wee one out.

Im beginning to lean towards it, Its grossly unfair tbh, id take it on the chin if i was acting the ballix but i simple wasnt. I left early from the house to get in time as it was a bit colder. Taking it easy as i went. The missus would kick my arse if i came off the bike 2 weeks before she pops the wee one out.

Can you contact the kunt and talk to him?.. I would kill me, but its worked for mates of mine to have a word with the cop.

I've little or no respect for most of the fooks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 211 ✭✭Stiletto72

I think going down the legal route would be the next step to take alright. If you have a solicitor give them a shout and see what they have to say.
    I would imagine a charge with zero evidence would be thrown out very quickly if it went to court. We're not living in the '70's any more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,306 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

I think the idea is that going down the legal route isn't worth it, it's cheaper and easier to accept the punishment and move on. Obviously not right and a pain in the hole when you weren't in the wrong.
    A dashcam setup would be handy, but I can't imagine setting one up every morning on the bike for a commute.

Cienciano wrote: »
    I think the idea is that going down the legal route isn't worth it, it's cheaper and easier to accept the punishment and move on. Obviously not right and a pain in the hole when you weren't in the wrong.
    A dashcam setup would be handy, but I can't imagine setting one up every morning on the bike for a commute.

It may be cheaper and easier to accept the punishment but it would be entirely wrong. We're talking about a possible abuse of power and nobody should have to just roll over and just take it.
    It takes me less time to attach my camera whenever I go out on the bike than it does to put my helmet on.

Stiletto72 wrote: »
    It may be cheaper and easier to accept the punishment but it would be entirely wrong. We're talking about a possible abuse of power and nobody should have to just roll over and just take it.
    It takes me less time to attach my camera whenever I go out on the bike than it does to put my helmet on.

My son uses a helmet cam too, I think its a Drift.

Takes him a press of a button and its recording, and stories like this make me believe its something I should get too.

I bought a GoPro, but never used it. I don't think I've even turned it on, and I have it a year now but the Drift is a great, and tidy little piece of kit.

My son uses a helmet cam too, I think its a Drift.

Takes him a press of a button and its recording, and stories like this make me believe its something I should get too.

I bought a GoPro, but never used it. I don't think I've even turned it on, and I have it a year now but the Drift is a great, and tidy little piece of kit.

I have a TomTom Bandit on the bike and a Roadhawk Bullet R+ for the helmet. I wouldn't go anywhere without them now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,384 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Last week I took a GS out of JD's and only when the rear spun out that I checked the rear, and D3V!L has seen this ~ the tyre was bald, cracked and tore to absolute sh*t.

There used to be a certain bike shop which was called after a recently minted jewel, I bought a secondhand bike off them over 20 years ago (was not allowed a test ride!) and it ran fine, but on the way home it felt slightly sluggish and didn't want to corner at all.

Got home and there was 20lbs in each tyre, in practice not far off flat. They put just enough juice into the tank to get me home, but didn't bother checking anything else. Needless to say, when I had a warranty claim they didn't want to know, sent me off to Priory, I ended up paying half of the cost of fixing the effects of a design fault in the gearbox. I will never own a Suzuki again that's for sure.

Scrap the cap!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,384 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Take it to court, they're counting that you won't. Get good legal advice.
    A large proportion of the time the guard will not turn up and the case will be dismissed.
    The dodgier the case, the less likely they'll turn up I reckon. Sounds like someone has a fixed penalty quota that needed upping. Hard to have respect for them when they act like this, and my experience of them in relation to serious anti-social behaviour in my area by a known person is that they just didn't want to know. Well fcuk off then, if you want me to deal with it myself rough justice stylee what am I paying your wages for?

I'm a public servant myself, but it boils my urine when people like that just refuse to do their jobs. Two of them called around, the neophyte garda I can excuse I suppose, but the other was a sergeant and he took the lead in not being arsed. They just couldn't be bothered with the paperwork and the followup or having to do anything and just wanted to finish their shift and do fcuk all. Well sorry but that's not good enough. We complained to the community garda and he ate the shit out of the pair of them and I got an apology and the sergeant had to spend a good hour of his time down at the station, by appointment, taking my statement, and being all faux-apologetic. Still though I made him writhe for a full hour and it was worth every second, he deserved it at least as much as the cnut who assaulted me. But this sort of carry on is really not good enough - when someone only half-assedly does their job after a complaint.

Scrap the cap!

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Grumpy Bike Wizard

Just to give a unpopular counterpoint here - Take legal advice, and follow it. Find a solicitor close to the courthouse who knows the judge. If he tells you not to fight it, don't.

I recently had the displeasure of sitting in a district courtroom for 2 full days and the judge absolutely murdered anyone who tried to fight fixed penalites or traffic stuff for any reason. And don't count on the guard not showing up, it's a handy day out for them and they usually get things scheduled so they've a couple of cases in a day.

Picked up the GS today, nice bit of comfort on the M50 over my old Z1000.. And a tiny crib here, JD's mechanics didn't let me down ~ I've another trip back to them to have the service stamp in the book lol, little things like that make you feel like the bike has just been fcuked out at you. But I'm really nit-picking for the sake of it lol.

Have to find either a top box for it, or buy a plate so I can fit my Givi Monokey plate to the bike ~ anyone know of either going secondhand I'd appreciate a heads up please.

But to finish on a positive with their mechanics, I meant to ask them to check the condition of the battery and completely forgot (I know the big GS's are hard on batteries), then this morning unlocking the Zed and I remembered, rode over to JD's to be told the battery was checked during the service and replaced with a new battery ~ happy days, well done :D

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭thos

Cienciano wrote: »

You can get hard-wired, permanent installs. Comes on with ignition, auto-record etc. Nice concealed install possible too. Good peace of mind, and never gonna forget to switch it on.

https://www.innovv.com/

Tbf that's not terrible value with the price of the Dollar 211 euro for the dual cam setup

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,958 ✭✭✭D3V!L

thos wrote: »
    You can get hard-wired, permanent installs. Comes on with ignition, auto-record etc. Nice concealed install possible too. Good peace of mind, and never gonna forget to switch it on.

https://www.innovv.com/

Strange this should come up. I was looking at the C5 at the Northern Ireland show yesterday. I can't find anything good online about them but they do tick all the boxes.

Coming off a 24 hours shift this morning and took a detour home to enjoy the snow, sunshine and scenery.

Pity I didn't have my good camera with me to pick up the wild deer in the background.

440864.jpg

440863.jpg

No pictures as I was driving but my mouth dropped . Was driving through Dublin city yesterday and a fella came past me with a backpack on helmet and a pair of shorts ..... Driving I think it was a Honda NTV.

Shorts... You felt the cold out there yesterday I'm sure

Ok bike, I get the hint...

440986.jpg

T'was a frosty balls ride to work this morning :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,252 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

Woke up this morning to find my bike on it's side in the grass.

Herself swears it was upright when she let the dog out this morning, but an hour or so later on it's lying in the mud.

Not even slightly windy here in Cork today, so I have a really shítty feeling someone pushed it over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,958 ✭✭✭D3V!L

Sonics2k wrote: »
    Woke up this morning to find my bike on it's side in the grass.

Herself swears it was upright when she let the dog out this morning, but an hour or so later on it's lying in the mud.

Not even slightly windy here in Cork today, so I have a really shítty feeling someone pushed it over.

Get yourself a Nest cam. They're great for keeping an eye on bikes in your front garden when you turn your back for a mo.

The wind was blowing a gale last night. I can almost guarantee it was in its ear this morning and she never noticed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,252 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

The wind was blowing a gale last night. I can almost guarantee it was in its ear this morning and she never noticed

I suspected as much myself, but to be fair to her she'd probably notice that very quickly. She loves the bike nearly as much as me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,588 ✭✭✭KonFusion

Jaysus the wind this morning almost blew me over. There was a few gusts that I really had to fight with to not blow me into another lane. Ride safe.

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭thos

KonFusion wrote: »
    Jaysus the wind this morning almost blew me over. There was a few gusts that I really had to fight with to not blow me into another lane. Ride safe.

Ditto, quite bad this morning alright. Coming over the Swords estuary on the M1 was a bit scary!

Even standstill at the lights was a struggle at times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,011 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Bit wild alright. I dont have a long commute but was nearly swept on a couple of occasions.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Cian_ok

Wind was behind me. I flew in. I only noticed the wind when I was stopped.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭Jeff2

I came across this and thought better to post here rather a new thread.
    I'v had a sig burn my leg while on the bike but this guy got it bad.
    Sig burnt his shirt while on his bike.

Graphic pictures warning.

https://m.facebook.com/dunnsflyamazon/posts/10215764881260211

• Advertisement

I've to take a few decent photos of the new bike, but here it is with my Givi topbox ~ its a fairly distinct box with my Judo stickers so if you see it on the road give me a nod/wave :D

442006.jpg

Advertisement