Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

General chat thread... Links, pictures, banter etc

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,958 ✭✭✭D3V!L

I've to take a few decent photos of the new bike, but here it is with my Givi topbox ~ its a fairly distinct box with my Judo stickers so if you see it on the road give me a nod/wave :D

Very nice ;)

Don't think that plate is legal though :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

D3V!L wrote: »
    Very nice ;)

Don't think that plate is legal though :P

How are you getting on with your GSA?.

I was just saying to my son that normally I buy a new car and an older bike, but after owning this (and I know I'm still in my honeywood stage) I think in future I'll be buying a new GS and an older car the next time the car is due a change.

I'm really enjoying how comfy and practical the bike is.

I was just saying to my son that normally I buy a new car and an older bike, but after owning this (and I know I'm still in my honeywood stage) I think in future I'll be buying a new GS and an older car the next time the car is due a change.

I'm really enjoying how comfy and practical the bike is.

That's what brought me back to them. Has to be the best all round bike ever !!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭Riva10

That's what brought me back to them. Has to be the best all round bike ever !!
    Even with their supposedly reliability issues ?
    Just asking.

Riva10 wrote: »
    Even with their supposedly reliability issues ?
    Just asking.

Anecdotal or real ?

I've had 4 BMW's and had no problems.

• Advertisement

I see this creep is stalking my new bike, after ruining my last one with a fooking crooked sticker.

442012.jpg

Keep back pal :mad: :P

Great, only took a month to have it put right after buying it and i installed the last few parts myself as the shop couldn't be trusted .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,453 ✭✭✭✭blade1

I see this creep is stalking my new bike, after ruining my last one with a fooking crooked sticker.

442012.jpg

Keep back pal :mad: :P

:pac:
    Who gave you the crooked stickers on the box?!:P

blade1 wrote: »
    :pac:
    Who gave you the crooked stickers on the box?!:P

Actually the 'Support 81' sticker is crooked Nothing wrong with any of these stickers pal :D

Actually the 'Support 81' sticker is crooked Nothing wrong with any of these stickers pal :D

I called to you there Mak with a couple of öhlins decals for your new bike but there was no answer.
    I went ahead and stuck them on for you anyway.:pac:

2el3u4g.jpg

• Advertisement

I called to you there Mak with a couple of öhlins decals for your new bike but there was no answer.
    I went ahead and stuck them on for you anyway.:pac:

2el3u4g.jpg

Now that's the funniest sh*t I've seen in awhile, and God knows I need a laugh at the moment :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭Jeff2

Jeff2 wrote: »
    I came across this and thought better to post here rather a new thread.
    I'v had a sig burn my leg while on the bike but this guy got it bad.
    Sig burnt his shirt while on his bike.

Graphic pictures warning.

https://m.facebook.com/dunnsflyamazon/posts/10215764881260211

Is no one shocked be this.
    You don't need FB read it. :confused:

Just scroll down .

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭Riva10

Anecdotal or real ?

I've had 4 BMW's and had no problems.

I have also have had a no. of BMWs including Funduro 650 x 2, K100 x2, R1100GS x 1, R1150GS x 2, R1150 x2. Put at least 200k miles on these. Just 2 problems which I could attribute to BMW. (Gearbox on 1150GS, Subframe on 1150R) both replaced under warranty. No complaints from me on this. When BMW launched their R1200 reliability fell sharply and I could no longer justify giving BMW any more of my hard earned money for research and development. And do not mention MCM or any of the other "Impartial" reviews. Remember Kevin Ash R.I.P.
    Just a light bit of reading for you.
    2015 major problems already - BMW R1200GS Forum : R1200 GS Forums
    Breakdowns, Failures & Issues - BMW R1200R Forum : BMW R1200R Forums
    BMW forced to check every R1200 GS bike in the world after reports of critical ‘fork damage’. – Motofire

Jeff2 wrote: »
    Is no one shocked be this.
    You don't need FB read it. :confused:

Just scroll down .

I read it . Sorry for being cynical but these over dramatic stories is the reason I don't use Facebook anymore. It may be true but there's so much of these "horror stories" that is makes then all feel so diluted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,252 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

I read it . Sorry for being cynical but these over dramatic stories is the reason I don't use Facebook anymore. It may be true but there's so much of these "horror stories" that is makes then all feel so diluted.

I can only be anecdotal here, but years and years ago on my first bike I was driving down towards Cobh with a car in front of me. They flicked a still lit cig out their window and it bounced off my visor.

I guess if I'd been driving with the visor up it could have hit me in the face, but in retrospect I know I was probably too close to the car and in a bad position for the wind to carry it to my face.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,384 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Not cool having a confederate flag on the bike. It's not as if anyone can now be unaware of its meaning.

As for "support 81" :rolleyes: bunch of pathetic man-boy losers.

Scrap the cap!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭zubair

Sonics2k wrote: »
    I can only be anecdotal here, but years and years ago on my first bike I was driving down towards Cobh with a car in front of me. They flicked a still lit cig out their window and it bounced off my visor.

I guess if I'd been driving with the visor up it could have hit me in the face, but in retrospect I know I was probably too close to the car and in a bad position for the wind to carry it to my face.

Now a days you need to watch for cars flicking lithium batteries and coils out the window.

Not cool having a confederate flag on the bike. It's not as if anyone can now be unaware of its meaning.

What about the Ohlins stickers ? Maki is quite sensitive about his stickers.

Just when I was getting used to these mild Spring days ~ it starts snowing again :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,306 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

GS is a great around bike. Ah, the days of having storage and a screen. Sort her out with some ACF 50, if you still have the bike in 5 years you'll be glad.

• Advertisement

Cienciano wrote: »
    GS is a great around bike. Ah, the days of having storage and a screen. Sort her out with some ACF 50, if you still have the bike in 5 years you'll be glad.

I'm enjoying it so far. I won't tell a lie, I miss that Jap IL4 ~ the Z1000 was beautiful to look at, but totally impractical and like I said earlier I'm simply not the rider I was even five years ago.

I used to love doing wheelies & riding fast, but wheelies were starting to scare me and even my son was corning faster and with more confidence on his F800GS than I was on the Zed.

As for the screen, well there's a lot of buffeting from it (the Vstrom was the same) and absolutely no buffering from the despite being a naked (the bike, not me :p ).

This covers biking into our mid ages

Its not embedding for some reason, so here's the link

HERE

I'd love something like a DRZ400 for laughs, my son had one and slow speed wheelies were defo a lot of fun :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,306 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

The screen on the GSA was great, didn't really notice any buffeting. But coming from a 1150 standard, anything was an improvement. Wonder if the 1200gs and 1200gsa have the same screens?

Cienciano wrote: »
    The screen on the GSA was great, didn't really notice any buffeting. But coming from a 1150 standard, anything was an improvement. Wonder if the 1200gs and 1200gsa have the same screens?

No idea. Tbh its not too bothersome up to 120kph, but there is buffeting however its not like the double vision the buffeting from the Vstrom gave me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,252 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

The weather is gorgeous in Cork today and I'm stuck in work. Sitting in my office I can see the odd bike going past.

Bastards.

Sonics2k wrote: »
    The weather is gorgeous in Cork today and I'm stuck in work. Sitting in my office I can see the odd bike going past.

Bastards.

I got home from work at 12.
    Just went aimlessly spinning for over 2 hours.
    Tis beautiful out there!

I got home from work at 12.
    Just went aimlessly spinning for over 2 hours.
    Tis beautiful out there!

I was tempted to do the same today, but I'm nursing a very sick daughter but the temptation was great.

A spin out to The Hill of Tara and Newgrange was very tempting.

I was tempted to do the same today, but I'm nursing a very sick daughter but the temptation was great.

A spin out to The Hill of Tara and Newgrange was very tempting.

I suppose new bike syndrome adds to the temptation as well.
    Hmm,I think I'm getting an itch for a new bike!:o

I suppose new bike syndrome adds to the temptation as well.
    Hmm,I think I'm getting an itch for a new bike!:o

You can have mine. It'll be up for sale soon.

I thought you'd have made it March at least :p

• Advertisement

I'm trying to think what you have at the moment.
    Harley or beemer?
    It's the BMW,I remember now.
    Do you still have the grom?

Advertisement