Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

General chat thread... Links, pictures, banter etc

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭kavanagh_h

Lumen, that's gross!😱

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Sonics2k wrote: »
    Take care of her, and she'll take care of you.

With some really crappy timing we had to move house on the 28th of Feb, right in the middle of the blizzard. Obviously I wasn't able to drive the bike to the new house, so I managed to get her into the old house for a couple of days to make sure she wasn't wrecked by the snow.

Drove her to the new house last night, which was slightly terrifying as the roads were still quite icy. She got me home safe though.

I ride a GS, they're like Huskies and made for a tough life :P

445135.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,252 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

I ride a GS, they're like Huskies and made for a tough life :P

445135.jpg

The baseball bat is to scare off potential snowy joyriders? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,958 ✭✭✭D3V!L

Glad you asked, I was afraid to :o

Nope, I'm a friendly chap :D

445136.jpg

• Advertisement

That ain't a baseball bat !!

I'd like you all to meet "Lucille" :D

445138.jpg

She sleeps beside my bed in case I get a late night security issue.

And yes this is a very nice prop from The Walking Dead but my wife has promised me she's making an exact real replica for me.

Jesus lads, you can tell you're up in Dublin :p

Jesus lads, you can tell you're up in Dublin :p

And I haven't even posted a picture of my sawn-off Doberman yet !!

Quick one for you folks.

Was down in JT's Innishannon, Cork looking at some bikes with my daughter, and he has a couple of GS 1200s down there.

Was eyeing up a 2008 model with 90k on the clock. He mentioned the was an ABS issue with the model, but I'm not familiar with it myself.

Anyone have any experience with it?

Obviously I've read the usual online reviews, but I always have a hard time trusting them as the answer is always "THIS BIKE IS GREAT, PLEASE LET ME REVIEW ANOTHER"

He's looking for about 7k for the bike, which seems good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,453 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Anyone on here deal with Superbike Factory before?
    If so, what are they like to deal with?

• Advertisement

He's looking for about 7k for the bike, which seems good.

7 grand an 08 GS with 90k, forget it.

And one with dodgy abs to boot !!

D3V!L wrote: »
    And one with dodgy abs to boot !!

I had a feeling you two would say that. JT's usually has a very good reputation, but I think it may be best to pass on this and keep looking.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭Riva10

Driveshaft/final drive were an issue with these models. (Do'nt ask)

I had a feeling you two would say that. JT's usually has a very good reputation, but I think it may be best to pass on this and keep looking.

Well put it like this.

I paid only slightly more than that for a (2010) bike with half the mileage, new tyres and a few other things tidied up like footrest rubbers and a few other things just to tidy up the bike plus a full 12 month manufactures warranty from Joe Duffys

It had a full BMW service history too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,453 ✭✭✭✭blade1

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭Garvan

Browsing UK sales websites and it seems that bikes there are very strong money at the moment!

Equivalent stuff here is a good bit cheaper. Just a pity we don't have the same selection and volume...

Agreed, I'm just about to sell mine and I'll be asking for the same money I paid 2 years ago , in saying that it's had alot done to it then be off the the UK to buy a replacement

Agreed, I'm just about to sell mine and I'll be asking for the same money I paid 2 years ago , in saying that it's had alot done to it then be off the the UK to buy a replacement

What are you selling ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 873 ✭✭✭spiggotpaddy

20180316_092303.png

Winter did seem to drag on this year, must the mr sheen and a jay cloth out.

• Advertisement

Anyone heading over to Franklin Motorcycles for their open day (including BBQ :) ) on Saturday?.

I'm conflicted, I have the Irish Open Judo Champions on Saturday but not fighting (first one missed in ten years :'( ) so I've time on my hands and have been dying to see their Indian Scout bobber in bronze, looks and sounds incredible on their facebook video.

Anyone?.

D3V!L wrote: »
    What are you selling ?

Gsxr 600 k7

Anyone heading over to Franklin Motorcycles for their open day (including BBQ :) ) on Saturday?.

I'm conflicted, I have the Irish Open Judo Champions on Saturday but not fighting (first one missed in ten years :'( ) so I've time on my hands and have been dying to see their Indian Scout bobber in bronze, looks and sounds incredible on their facebook video.

Anyone?.

I'm not one for conspiracies at all, but those lads recently posted on Biker.ie going on about how they were banned from going to Bike Fest in Killarney, and then proceeded to try and sell all their stuff on the site too. Not positive but I think they got hit with a ban.

Funny they'd try and stir up a bit of news just before their Grand Opening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,588 ✭✭✭KonFusion

Anyone?.

Aye will be there. Want to check out the new Shoei lid's they said they'd have in. Sound bunch. Popped out for a coffee there a while ago. Bike's aren't to my taste but can't deny they're nice! That Scout Bobber is quality.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

Anyone?.

Yep, I'll be there for a while. That bronze bobber is actually mine. :D They have a black and may have a gray bobber on show, and for test rides, I believe.

Funny they'd try and stir up a bit of news just before their Grand Opening.

They're open over a year now, so a bit late for the grand opening. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

Bike went through its MFK (NCT equivalent in Switzerland) and failed on fork seals and the front wheel being too sticky.

I have ran around the seal with a sealmate which removed quite a bit of dirt and grime, and the forks are drier now. My question is, how much residue if any should be on the forks?
    Right now if I run my finger over the fork I cant see any at all on my finger, now does it feel oily, but I can see where the fork has gone through the seal after I wipe it clean due to having a slightly duller look, is this normal??

The front wheel was very sticky after changing from disc and pads. When I change pads on a car I usually leave the top off the brake reservoir, I didnt do that on the bike. It has loosened out since a bit but the disc was still very warm today after a 25min ride, can I leave some pressure out of the system without having to bleed?

Thanks for any help.

Went to Franklins open day.

The Scout bobber was tiny and totally impractical as an everyday bike, but I'd love one as a sunny Sunday play thing.

I had to shoot off for a Judo competition at three, but I got enough time there to enjoy a BBQ burger :D

Considering Cotters have an open day too I thought Franklins got a pretty good crowd.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Grumpy Bike Wizard

Headed out for a bit, got a savage deal on a Neotec 2 made me pull the trigger now instead of next year :-)

Bikes not to my taste but a sound bunch of lads alright.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

The Scout bobber was tiny and totally impractical as an everyday bike, but I'd love one as a sunny Sunday play thing.

Just curious as to why you say it's impractical as an everyday bike?

• Advertisement

Paulw wrote: »
    Just curious as to why you say it's impractical as an everyday bike?

Well just speaking personally here. I got rid of my beautiful Kawasaki Z1000 for the same reason, I need something relatively big with luggage carrying capacity.

I sometimes carry a pillion too. My two kids grew up getting lifts on my bikes, they're in their twenties now and I still drop them places :D

Don't take it as a slight against your bike, I think its beautiful and I'd love one. But not for every day use (for me).

Advertisement