Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

General chat thread... Links, pictures, banter etc

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭Jeff2

Driven to his death: Mystery of motorcyclist body on M4 - BBC News

Good read about a 'single vehicle accident' at first glance.

I read that the other day and I think there is a program based on it or made after it to show how it all worked out.
    Crazy that the guy denied it to the end.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭BaronVon

Jeff2 wrote: »
    I read that the other day and I think there is a program based on it or made after it to show how it all worked out.
    Crazy that the guy denied it to the end.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b0b0g5sr/the-crash-detectives-series-1-episode-2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

My laser alignment tool stopped working the other day. Its the profi laser alignment tool bought from louis.de. I changed the batteries but its still not working. Can a bulb (if any) blow in a laser?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

My laser alignment tool stopped working the other day. Its the profi laser alignment tool bought from louis.de. I changed the batteries but its still not working. Can a bulb (if any) blow in a laser?

No lasers don’t have bulbs. Have you contacted Louis? I’d start with them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

CJhaughey wrote: »
    No lasers don’t have bulbs. Have you contacted Louis? I’d start with them.

I will but I have it over 2 years. And they don't seem to stock that make anymore

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭thos

Getting hard to judge the right gear for the weather these days - I dropped a few layers and had the vents open a few days ago - but found myself wanting the heated gear again this morning!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

thos wrote: »
    Getting hard to judge the right gear for the weather these days - I dropped a few layers and had the vents open a few days ago - but found myself wanting the heated gear again this morning!

Yup, its a pain in the arse.

I've been bringing spare gloves and a light underlayer in my top box as a precaution to getting too warm or cold.

Last weekend I was out on the bicycle for three beautiful hours of glorious sunshine, yesterday I was back in my winter gear and three hours of misery.

Almost considered buying another bike today.

Seen a Moto Guzzi Griso 1200 on Bikeworld.ie ~ pig ugly, but it caught my eye and I went over today to view it.. Thankfully it was sold, gone.

'Thankfully', because I think I might have seriously considered buying it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,958 ✭✭✭D3V!L

Almost considered buying another bike today.

Seen a Moto Guzzi Griso 1200 on Bikeworld.ie ~ pig ugly, but it caught my eye and I went over today to view it.. Thankfully it was sold, gone.

'Thankfully', because I think I might have seriously considered buying it.

I was looking at it but it's funny sticky outy engine put me off :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,588 ✭✭✭KonFusion

Folks, I'm looking at a 07 Fazer here, 13k miles and seller mentions new headstock bearings - is that not uncommonly low miles for them to be replaced?

I've two Honda's in the shed with 40k+ miles both on original bearings without issue, so I'm just wondering - seems odd to me?

• Advertisement

KonFusion wrote: »
    Folks, I'm looking at a 07 Fazer here, 13k miles and seller mentions new headstock bearings - is that not uncommonly low miles for them to be replaced?

I've two Honda's in the shed with 40k+ miles both on original bearings without issue, so I'm just wondering - seems odd to me?

He's probably been driving it around on one wheel ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭zubair

Tis odd! Get it checked on cartrell etc before buying. If it's a UK import it should have a decent service and MOT history.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭cadete

I replaced head bearings at 23k before, there was just a little bit in it but it could be felt. Possibble he had the forks out and said fcuk it do the head too,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭Wossack

Double check overall condition of the bike - I'd be suspect of the mileage alright

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭IrishGrimReaper

Hey guys apart from Sportsbikeuk, what other sites do you use for parts, aftermarket mods such as windscreen/led tail lights etc?

Not a lot to be said really.

https://youtu.be/_2-xzMIGJwY
    YOUTUBE[2-xzMIGJwY

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

Jeff2 wrote: »
    Not a lot to be said really.

https://youtu.be/_2-xzMIGJwY
    YOUTUBE[2-xzMIGJwY

And the winner for the best set-up video goes to..........:rolleyes:

There was some angles that couldn't have been filmed by him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,089 ✭✭✭✭listermint

You think it's not real ?

listermint wrote: »
    You think it's not real ?

The whole thing is beautifully edited, even down to the end where he removes all his gear and sits beside the camera...all thats missing is....Fin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,252 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

One of the very few Youtubers I'd actively watch is Fortnine, the host seems a decent bloke and is very honest.

Considering Fortnine also sells gear, they can be very honest about their reviews of gear. The latest video is a good eye-opener

D3V!L wrote: »
    There was some angles that couldn't have been filmed by him.

Obviously he had two cameras.
    One on his lid and other on top left side of the fairing.
    Then edited from footage from both.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭Gavin

The whole thing is beautifully edited, even down to the end where he removes all his gear and sits beside the camera...all thats missing is....Fin

A setup where he purposely drops his bike onto the ground? And you can see bits and pieces of debris on the road. All for some youtube views? Seems unlikely.

Gavin wrote: »
    A setup where he purposely drops his bike onto the ground? And you can see bits and pieces of debris on the road. All for some youtube views? Seems unlikely.

We live in an age where everybody wants to be famous, the "look at me" brigade , and will do anything to get attention...
    Heres how i see it..

Riding along singing his gangster rap (he deserves it just for that)..He's watching a bike behind him..he turns down a side street (instead of staying on the main road and going like a basterd)....then he decides to do a u turn,:confused: which must have taken a couple of "takes" while the guys on the tmax wait for him to do, very courteous of them,and then he stops...:rolleyes:...Then the "scuffle" begins... meanwhile tmax 1 holds his bike for him..why didnt he just fcuk off..?? the scooter was still there ...he lays the bike down and hops on the scooter...and gone.
    Then theres the strip scene, because thats what you would do i suppose,then theres the audience that appear...out of the shadows, no doubt catching the show on their phones....:rolleyes:

God knows I've been in enough rows over the years, based on that I think its real alright.

I seen it the other day when it went viral, checked it out a few times then his other video's and he doesn't seem like a spoofer.

The whole thing seems pretty real, the other rider was holding up the bike so his accomplice could make off with it.

Pity they didn't ride off under a bus.

-Sorry man, you made me look at his other clips man on his channel man..............now i want him dead man...:P

Anyone that walks around with a camera on his lid ALL THE FCUKING TIME deserves a kicking...tosser

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭Gavin

-Sorry man, you made me look at his other clips man on his channel man..............now i want him dead man...:P

Anyone that walks around with a camera on his lid ALL THE FCUKING TIME deserves a kicking...tosser

You're an angry man!

You OK hun xx x :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭Emmersonn

Gavin wrote: »
    You're an angry man!

Hugggs & Cuddles. :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,252 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

Driving back from Limerick in the car with the kids yesterday and passing through the town of Buttevent when I finally saw it, probably the most beautiful bike I have ever seen and have wanted since about 2005.

A Triumph Rocket III. I had to pull the car over and bring my daughter over to look at it.

Pretty limited on how often you can use it here, but oh my god what an absolute beast and beauty of a machine.

Advertisement