Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

General chat thread... Links, pictures, banter etc

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

Gavin wrote: »
    You're an angry man!

Nah...just not gullible....
    Jeff2 wrote: »
    You OK hun xx x :D

Never better...off for a spin.....no go-pro just fun....;)
    Emmersonn wrote: »
    Hugggs & Cuddles. :eek:

Maybe later ,i'll be a bit sweaty shortly.....:P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,958 ✭✭✭D3V!L

Sonics2k wrote: »
    Driving back from Limerick in the car with the kids yesterday and passing through the town of Buttevent when I finally saw it, probably the most beautiful bike I have ever seen and have wanted since about 2005.

A Triumph Rocket III. I had to pull the car over and bring my daughter over to look at it.

Pretty limited on how often you can use it here, but oh my god what an absolute beast and beauty of a machine.

Ive had the Rocket III Classic and the a Roadster. They're unbelievable bikes but **** can they drink for Ireland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,252 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

D3V!L wrote: »
    Ive had the Rocket III Classic and the a Roadster. They're unbelievable bikes but **** can they drink for Ireland.

I've only ever seen it up close 2-3 times, but it's just a mind blowingly gorgeous bike. I've had a love for cruiser/roadster style bikes and it just checks all the boxes.

Seems like it would be massively inconvenient for Ireland though and very weather dependant.

Out of curiosity, why'd you sell it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,453 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Out of curiosity, why'd you sell it?

*Grabs popcorn. :)

blade1 wrote: »
    *Grabs popcorn. :)

Welllllll.......

The rocket went after my now wife wouldn't get on it anymore. Something to do with me fu*king her off the back of it when it wheelied on our very first date.

That and I change my bike more than my socks. :pac:

• Advertisement

Welllllll.......

The rocket went after my now wife wouldn't get on it anymore. Something to do with me fu*king her off the back of it when it wheelied on our very first date.

That and I change my bike more than my socks. :pac:

Well that's one way to make an impression. Glad the concussion lasted long enough for her to say "I do" :pac:

Well that's one way to make an impression. Glad the concussion lasted long enough for her to say "I do" :pac:

4 years and counting. She knows what she got into :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,131 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Well I've moaned and cried here about J.Duffys Motorrad.. But in fairness my last few dealings with them have been very positive.

Well its a pity J.Duffys Volkswagen in Airside didn't learn the same lessons.

Bought a new VW Polo for my daughter from them, they couldn't have made buying a car more difficult if they tried.

Took it home yesterday and already its back to have a mirror indicator LED replaced and rear tyre pressure sensor reset. Pretty obvious a mechanic didn't bother his ring to give it a once over before releasing it.

Anyway just a little JD rant since we haven't had one in a while :) (even if its not bike related).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 564 ✭✭✭DaveD

Well I've moaned and cried here about J.Duffys Motorrad.. But in fairness my last few dealings with them have been very positive.

Well its a pity J.Duffys Volkswagen in Airside didn't learn the same lessons.

Bought a new VW Polo for my daughter from them, they couldn't have made buying a car more difficult if they tried.

Took it home yesterday and already its back to have a mirror indicator LED replaced and rear tyre pressure sensor reset. Pretty obvious a mechanic didn't bother his ring to give it a once over before releasing it.

Anyway just a little JD rant since we haven't had one in a while :) (even if its not bike related).

I had a similar experience with them in Swords. Tried to buy a new Touran off them which they had in stock. We had sold our previous Touran, needed to get into a new one ASAP so discussed numbers over the phone and made sure the car was ready to do before making the trip. Not only did they make a total mess of the numbers we discussed, but they then came up with an excuse that VW make them keep cars in stock for 3 months before selling them, I kid you not! Very frustrating experience.

• Advertisement

End this car talk NOW.......:)

End this car talk NOW.......:)

Since its J.Duffy its loosely related :D

Can't go on a proper rant since they threatened to issue legal proceedings since my last JD rants.

I love my GS which I bought from JD Finglas, but was almost tempted to go for a Moto Guzzi Griso recently but when I went to view it the bike was sold (thankfully. I think I'd have bought it).

They lost out on a car sale from us at Christmas in Finglas when I was picking up my new GSA.

And any repeat business. I'll be hard pushed to set foot in the place after I seen first hand how they threat bikes.

They lost out on a car sale from us at Christmas in Finglas when I was picking up my new GSA.

And any repeat business. I'll be hard pushed to set foot in the place after I seen first hand how they threat bikes.

But you're a smelly biker, this is my precious little princess we're talking about here :P

But you're a smelly biker, this is my precious little princess we're talking about here :P

Wait, do you mean your daughter or the GS? :pac:

DaveD wrote: »
    I had a similar experience with them in Swords. Tried to buy a new Touran off them which they had in stock. We had sold our previous Touran, needed to get into a new one ASAP so discussed numbers over the phone and made sure the car was ready to do before making the trip. Not only did they make a total mess of the numbers we discussed, but they then came up with an excuse that VW make them keep cars in stock for 3 months before selling them, I kid you not! Very frustrating experience.

Among some of the problems we experienced was a total lack of communications.

We were ringing them for three days to find out a time and date for collection, and not one return call.

They had our deposit too.

I had to drop in on the way home from work ON MY MOTORBIKE (have to get the bike bit in :) ) to try put the skids under them.

Got to the stage that we went out, parked up. Went in and told them we were walking across to Ford to look at a Fiesta and to prepare a return of our deposit.

It totally ruined the experience of getting her first car bought for her.

I won't be in a hurry back to them, and I'd be one to change my car ever two or three years.

JD Airside rant over now (until we see how we get on with the LED indicator on Wednesday :) )

I woke up at 2am with the most overwhelming temptation to buy a proper cruiser, something like a Triumph or a Harley and I really don't know why.

I woke up at 2am with the most overwhelming temptation to buy a proper cruiser, something like a Triumph or a Harley and I really don't know why.

It was just a bad dream. Some of them are very vivid and seem real, just remind yourself that you've no control over where your mind goes when we sleep.

You'll be grand after a coffee.

....and arseless chaps and a grey ponytail...:)

It was just a bad dream. Some of them are very vivid and seem real, just remind yourself that you've no control over where your mind goes when we sleep.

I have a built in love for them, they are beautiful bikes. But you're both right, I honestly couldn't look at myself in the mirror buying a bike you can ride 1 week a year in this country.

• Advertisement

I have a built in love for them, they are beautiful bikes. But you're both right, I honestly couldn't look at myself in the mirror buying a bike you can ride 1 week a year in this country.

When..to the gay pride meet....:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭Jeff2

Be cheaper to buy gold chains for your neck and no need to tell girls what bike you have.

They are way under powered and don't handle.
    Why anyone would buy one other than very long ride I don't know.

Jeff2 wrote: »
    Be cheaper to buy gold chains for your neck and no need to tell girls what bike you have.

They are way under powered and don't handle.
    Why anyone would buy one other than very long ride I don't know.

Which is under powered and doesn't handle ? All Harleys and all Triumphs ?

Way to generalize. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭zubair

zubair wrote: »

197kph !!

Does he not know about the other 3 gears :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

He has the Lorenzo 99 stickers on his helmet that's why he was able to do what he was doing.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭Emmersonn

CJhaughey wrote: »
    He has the Lorenzo 99 stickers on his helmet that's why he was able to do what he was doing.

If he had a "46 sticker" on his helmet he would never have been seen let alone stopped. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Esel

How can they say "The motorcyclist will be given a two-year driving ban."? That will be up to the judge.

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭zubair

Naas rd bus vs car. Uploaded yesterday.

This is why we shoulder check.

https://youtu.be/F7t0mSS9is8

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭thos

zubair wrote: »
    Naas rd bus vs car. Uploaded yesterday.

This is why we shoulder check.

https://youtu.be/F7t0mSS9is8

Was he ok?