Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

General chat thread... Links, pictures, banter etc

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,011 ✭✭✭✭GBX

zubair wrote: »
    Naas rd bus vs car. Uploaded yesterday.

This is why we shoulder check.

https://youtu.be/F7t0mSS9is8

Thats his fault for following the other bike and assuming it was clear as the other lad got through grand. The bus driver would not have expected a 2nd bike cutting in front like that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭zubair

GBX wrote: »
    Thats his fault for following the other bike and assuming it was clear as the other lad got through grand. The bus driver would not have expected a 2nd bike cutting in front like that.

Ah ye, 100%, never checked before going for it.

Doubt his jeans, shirt and trainers held up well in this one.

Of course I hope he's ok and I'm sure he is (lucky) but we can all learn from this, especially if you're just back on the road with the fine weather; shoulder check, wear your gear and if you're riding in the bus lane expect there to be a bus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭zubair

thos wrote: »
    Was he ok?

The uploaders notes... "The motorbike rider hit the bus, then my car, then bounced back at the bus. Bike was badly damaged. My car was slightly damaged and the bus had minor damage"

... and the rider?! :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,090 ✭✭✭✭listermint

have to call him out there, It looks like both Bikers had come up the Bus Lane ( i assume behind the bus) Then when the bus stopped both of them went around the bus into the far right lane to then come back in front.

Without it appears the second guy doing a check. - Gob****e. The first fella checked and was just about good to go. The second fella had no right to do what he did.

Frankly speaking both of them should have been filtering singularly between the vehicles rather than bandying in and out of lanes at will.

Hopes he is ok and it learns from this utter stupidity.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Jackdaw89

Just bought chain, sprockets and other service bit from https://m.louis.ie/rubrik/motorcycle-clothing-motorcycle-helmets/1 and they email me a €50 off if I spend €249 voucher it anyone wants it? I’d say it’ll work for anyone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,391 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

There's at least two boardsies in the comments on that video ;) (no not me)

Sounds like he's ok, could have been a hell of a lot worse.

Scrap the cap!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,391 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Jeff2 wrote: »
    They are way under powered and don't handle.
    Why anyone would buy one other than very long ride I don't know.

They're not my cup of tea, but yeah it's about time Triumph stuck a decent motor in the Rocket III :p

Scrap the cap!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

Haven't looked at the comments but the guy who uploaded was on boards, used to play counterstrike with someone by the same name who went to a boards lan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

I didn't watch the clip posted so I'm not sure which comments you're referring to, but he's a very good mate of mine.

He's ok, bruised and some slight cosmetic damage to the bike.

I hope its a lesson learned, I've lost enough mates on bikes.

Totally his own fault, I can only guess that its down to a lack of experience (he's not very experienced, although he likes to think he is) and just had his brain switched off.

I didn't watch the clip posted so I'm not sure which comments you're referring to, but he's a very good mate of mine.

He's ok, bruised and some slight cosmetic damage to the bike.

I hope its a lesson learned, I've lost enough mates on bikes.

Totally his own fault, I can only guess that its down to a lack of experience (he's not very experienced, although he likes to think he is) and just had his brain switched off.

Thankfully he is ok! Hope he learns from it

• Advertisement

Thankfully he is ok! Hope he learns from it

He's getting a lot of stick for it. If I'm feeling heartless I'll post up some of the facebook chat log after I spoke with him last night lol
    I got off with some bruising. Believe me I know exactly how lucky I am. It freaks me out to look at it more and more. Seen it yesterday right after it happened. Never thought the chap would ****ing upload it. It's done now. I got away very lucky. I know that

We all make silly mistakes, even the best of us.

That's good he is ok. I would like the think if the uploader knew it was any worse, he may not have posted it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,131 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,252 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

We all make silly mistakes, even the best of us.

I remember my very first accident, which was 100% my fault. No-one else on the road.

I was cruising along, just coming up to my estate and noticed a couple of girls I'd been chatting up now and then. Split decision I thought I'd zoom into the estate like some kind of mental bad ass, and instead I rode in too fast, turned and leaned to harshly and just slammed into the ground like an overweight spud.

Everyone on a bike will **** up at some point, just need to learn from it and pray you're not going too fast.

Hope your mate is okay, I'd say he was massively shook up.

Has anyone used one of these screen spoilers?.

SPOILER

The buffering from my 1200GS is driving me nuts, anything above 110kph and I'm seeing double vision and I've just about had enough of it now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

gctest50 wrote: »

If I'd to spend close to €150 on a screen I'd change bike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

gctest50 wrote: »

If you buy 3 of them you'd have a roof.....:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,090 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Have a givi airflow on the dl650 worth every penny. Probably more.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Mrtestosterone

Has anyone used one of these screen spoilers?.

SPOILER

The buffering from my 1200GS is driving me nuts, anything above 110kph and I'm seeing double vision and I've just about had enough of it now.

Chin to the tank, motogp style.

• Advertisement

Used to do that in 1985 and it looked stupid, still looks stupid in 2018.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

Dare you to say that to Michael Dunlop.......:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,252 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

6am to 2.30pm shift this week. Usually I'd be miserable and hate it, but this week it means I can just ride the bike in the glorious sun all afternoon.

Enjoy it while ye can lads!

Anyone have or had a gsxr 750? Thinking of getting an 06ish one later in the year when I can move from the a2 license

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭The_Chap

Anyone have or had a gsxr 750? Thinking of getting an 06ish one later in the year when I can move from the a2 license

I had the 06 model, savage bike, would still have it apart from I had the chance to get a new blade so traded it in for more than I bought it for after 2 years

The perfect balance

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Stupidly FAST!!!

VRoooooooooooooooooooom

The_Chap wrote: »
    I had the 06 model, savage bike, would still have it apart from I had the chance to get a new blade so traded it in for more than I bought it for after 2 years

The perfect balance

yeah that's what everyone has been saying to me about the balance. I think I'd be grand moving up to a 600 but I just think I even find the sv a bit lacking in torque at times for overtaking so I might be a bit let down by the 600s. thousand not really an option i'd say between insurance and just being a massive jump from the sv

Looking at spending around 4k. It's september I can move up on the license so no rush looking either. Seems to not be a whole lot of them for sale though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭cadete

yeah that's what everyone has been saying to me about the balance. I think I'd be grand moving up to a 600 but I just think I even find the sv a bit lacking in torque at times for overtaking so I might be a bit let down by the 600s.

When I moved from my Sv to the 600 I found the difference massive, so much more power, I looked at 750s aswell but went 600 cause I got a great deal on mine and as you say the 750s are few and far between.
    I would say I felt a bigger difference between the Sv-600 than 600-1000, if ya get a nice 600 you definitely won’t feel let down :)
    The 675 Daytona’s are nice too ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,843 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

Can anyone I.D this bike? A friend in Canada sent it to me and I can't figure it out.

et7a01.jpg

• Advertisement

CB750f ? https://www.smartcycleguide.com/L49297148
    Similar wheels - but the exhaust is different anyway.

Advertisement