Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

General chat thread... Links, pictures, banter etc

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭zubair

I'll look forward to the next auction! I'll be expecting a full service history though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,958 ✭✭✭D3V!L

zubair wrote: »
    I'll look forward to the next auction! I'll be expecting a full service history though.

I'd love to see this all being crushed. Judging by the sh!te that is sold on FB marketplace the bikes that are being rallied around are just rolling junk.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

When are these? Might be interesting to go to see.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

are they not all robbed bikes anyway?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,306 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

It's the usual ****, gardai couldn't give a shít till an incident makes the newspapers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

Merlin will be getting a delivery me thinks...;);)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,252 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

That's it, I'm going back to a cruiser.

Spent the last few weeks browsing DoneDeal, Adverts and the main bike sellers around the country and have been to view and ride a few different ones and I genuinely miss the ride.

I love the Deauville and would keep it if I could, but I think it's time to look into changing back to the bikes I love. Got an eye out for something like a Shadow or Dragstar.

are they not all robbed bikes anyway?

Man I've never seen the likes I stumbled axxross one of these scrotes Facebook pages. They openly swap and sell these things as if they arent stolen it's unbelievable, they are all stolen.

How is some knacker going to afford a used 6k 250

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,252 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

I'm guessing those are undercover cops on those two motocross bikes. Properly scared the **** out of one of those lads.

• Advertisement

Sonics2k wrote: »
    I'm guessing those are undercover cops on those two motocross bikes. Properly scared the **** out of one of those lads.

YouTube description: "...As the mopeds stop at a roundabout, they are intercepted by two off-road motorbikes, apparently belonging to Greater Manchester Police.

One moped rider crashes into the plain-clothes police officer and runs off, while the other – carrying two people – is restrained by another officer...."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭IrishGrimReaper

Goodman for posting that I've been dying to see the video since yesterday, couldn't get a working link. Those two undercover cops taking no ****. hopefully seem more videos like it popping up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,306 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

YouTube description: "...As the mopeds stop at a roundabout, they are intercepted by two off-road motorbikes, apparently belonging to Greater Manchester Police.

One moped rider crashes into the plain-clothes police officer and runs off, while the other – carrying two people – is restrained by another officer...."

Could badly do with a few police trained up on bikes like that in ireland

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,090 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Cienciano wrote: »
    Could badly do with a few police trained up on bikes like that in ireland

I'd do it no problem,

if the money was better :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,011 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Had to get a new reg (mine fell off) - Southside Motor Factors on Kylemore Road .. €10. Sorted!

listermint wrote: »
    I'd do it no problem,

if the money was better :cool:

I'd do it too but I'd make Judge Dredd look like a f*cking pussy so its probably for the best they can't afford me :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,391 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

GBX wrote: »
    Had to get a new reg (mine fell off) - Southside Motor Factors on Kylemore Road .. €10. Sorted!

Do they do bike sizes or is it truck size?

Scrap the cap!

Do they do bike sizes or is it truck size?

Yeah they do the one bike size (about 7x5")- Its not drilled so you'll have to line it up yourself and make the holes yourself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 873 ✭✭✭spiggotpaddy

Yesterday was like riding in a greenhouse, I've taken my screen off, might be a bit of extra cooling. So tempting to forget the jacket, but I won't.
    20180629_184254.jpg

Brilliant................:D36137269_2133496946678873_6870128540201779200_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=f954f063cf917e12a73fc7811c717b9b&oe=5BB45A82

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Yesterday was like riding in a greenhouse, I've taken my screen off, might be a bit of extra cooling. So tempting to forget the jacket, but I won't.

I know we should 'dress for the slide and not the ride', but I've been in t-shirt, combats and open face helmet in this weather.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 873 ✭✭✭spiggotpaddy

I know we should 'dress for the slide and not the ride', but I've been in t-shirt, combats and open face helmet in this weather.

Wimping out a bit with the combats, speedo's or nothing.
    I'm sorry I retired my piss pot helmet to a flower pot, and if I buy another it'll probably snow.

I was supposed to go and do some grocery shopping during the week but the thoughts of putting on bike gear turned me off it.

How's everyone coping with hayfever and biking ?

Was out for a spin during the week. Had to wind off and pull in a was sneezing so much. Hard going at times but still persevered in the end.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

I have been fine in the heat, up and down to galway the last few days working at a thing at the docks get to park the bike where I can see it all day. All my gear has holes in it for air though, freezing the rest of the year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 456 ✭✭unattendedbag

Is autotrader still the best place to look for used bikes in mainland UK? Any other recommends sites?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,453 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Is autotrader still the best place to look for used bikes in mainland UK? Any other recommends sites?

Probably.
    There's motorcyclenews as well but probably more on auto trader.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭cadete

eBay.co.uk usually has lots of bikes too

Maybe some of you are regular listeners to Pats show on Nova on sunday nights 9-1...or maybe not..Pat is a long time music guru..some might have heard him on Radio Dublin and ARD in the 70's and 80's...he introduced U2 to the world, despite what you read about Fanning ...he also did shows on Zenith ..he's passionate about his music and he has a lot fans around the country, and indeed the world...
    However this popularity comes to nowth in the eyes of CEO Kevin Branigan ,who oddly is a good friend of Pats and headhunted him for Nova...then Colm Hayes arrived last year..Hayes doesnt like Pat so slowly he transformed Nova into this indie/pop basterd of a station and decided there was no room for true rock on Irish radio...we dont deserve it....
    Pats last on regular FM radioshow is tonight..after that he's to be cast into the unknown that is DAB where Hayes thinks/hopes he may be forgotten about and fade away like a dying star......
    The other reason i posted here is that Pat is ALSO a long time biker, still is..
    It'd be nice if you could lend your support and keep listening somehow...or we might lose a true rock DJ for ever.....
    Below is a genuine letter from a great duo from Donegal...you might know them...

OPEN LETTER TO COLM HAYES!
    Dear Colm,

I am writing to you regarding your decision to pull Off The Record with Pat James from your radio station and have it available online only.

My name is Maighread Ni Ghrasta and I am the lead singer of Blackbird & Crow, a Donegal based blues band. We have been together for about 3 yrs now and during that time we have been helped and supported through good and band times by your station, Radio Nova – but more specifically by your Radio Nova Show ‘Off The Record’ with Pat James.

On June 27th 2016 we had our first ever radio play on this show. We had already done some decent gigs including The Rory Gallagher Festival and we had also written and recorded an EP but we really struggled to find anyone that would play our songs. We knew from the reaction we were getting live that people liked our material but it was difficult to get that first play. Radio Nova provided that.

After that first radio play on radio nova a number of things happened for us…….we were now being taken seriously by other stations and some of the smaller festivals in the Country were now opening their doors to us also. Pat James on Off The Record provided us with some much needed support in the very early days. In the summer of 2017 we played 7 gigs at Electric Picnic, we played Longitude festival and we even played to thousands at Europes biggest biker rally in Faro, Portugal. In the early days however, it was absolutely crucial to have been given that support by Pat James. He is so rare in that he is willing to go with his gut instinct on what he likes rather than what everyone is talking about. There is no way for new music to surface and get heard without people like Pat James.

It is also true to say that The Motley Crew - Pat James’ dedicated listnership, has been the most crucial and consistent support and fanbase that we have had throughout our journey as Blackbird & Crow. These are not just people who turn on the radio at 9pm on a Sunday. These are people that turn up at gigs, buy our album, are active on our facebook page, these are the people who convinced my band to keep going when we were dropped by our management. They are a community of supporters that we simply would not be here with out.

You see Colm, as I sit here crying into the keys of my laptop I want you to understand this. Pulling Pat’s shaow is another nail in the coffin for original art in this Country. I beg you to please reconsider. We need people like Pat. They are so few already. I do not want to speak for anyone else but I know for a fact that there are many many bands and musicians in this Country that Pat James has helped and supported over the years.

Please, I ask you to reconsider your decision to pull Off The Record with Pat James

Kind Regards

Maighread Ni Ghrasta
    Blackbird & Crow

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

I stopped listening to Nova a good while back, and for the reason you mention ~ its turned into a bastardized pop/india shadow of what it once was.

And yes, I'm old enough to remember the original Nova and ARD.

Pat gave us great support in The Gypsy Rose, and leant a lot of support to the various bike clubs who'd visit us.

Fair fvcks to you for highlighting this here, I'll look up Pat on FB and Twitter and see where he's going.

Colm Hayes can go fvck himself IMO.

Advertisement