Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

General chat thread... Links, pictures, banter etc

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

I stopped listening to Nova a good while back, and for the reason you mention ~ its turned into a bastardized pop/india shadow of what it once was.

And yes, I'm old enough to remember the original Nova and ARD.

Pat gave us great support in The Gypsy Rose, and leant a lot of support to the various bike clubs who'd visit us.

Fair fvcks to you for highlighting this here, I'll look up Pat on FB and Twitter and see where he's going.

Colm Hayes can go fvck himself IMO.

Thanx for that.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,011 ✭✭✭✭GBX

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,958 ✭✭✭D3V!L

GBX wrote: »

I've seen plenty about Dublin city recently with tax out for 5 , 6 years plus. They usually get wheeled out of a shed the first sign of sunny weather only to disappear again when it gets chilly. Usually driven with no gear, insurance or licence.

Its a lot more common than you think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Thanx for that.....

Just so you know, I haven't been able to find Pat on social media, do you have a link to his FB or twitter feeds?.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭zubair

D3V!L wrote: »
    I've seen plenty about Dublin city recently with tax out for 5 , 6 years plus. They usually get wheeled out of a shed the first sign of sunny weather only to disappear again when it gets chilly. Usually driven with no gear, insurance or licence.

Its a lot more common than you think.

Summed up my thoughts on it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,306 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

I've no tax displayed but the bike is taxed, carry the disk. Anyone ever get hassle for that?

I was stopped at a checkpoint on Friday. No disc displayed, they asked why not, I replied it had come off with the plate - a lie - but I had to get a new plate during the week. He was more concerned with the film still being in place and to make sure that came off as soon as I stopped my journey. Digits on the plate were only visible up close.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Jackdaw89

Cienciano wrote: »
    I've no tax displayed but the bike is taxed, carry the disk. Anyone ever get hassle for that?

I was stop at a check point and was warned the fine is for not displaying the tax disk but he was sound enough about it but made be call up to the station with proof of insurance and license. I bought a disk holder in the end but I think someone was trying to rob the disk at some stage when in town because I noticed the holder was bent up in shït about 2 weeks ago, don’t no when it happened.

I've never carried a tax disc on my bikes, whenever I've been stopped and asked for it I just produce it from my pocket.

It even seems every guard was expecting this, I've never been questioned about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

they just wave me through

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,252 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

Ride a Deauville lads, Guards will never stop you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 665 ✭✭✭mjsc1970

I've never carried a tax disc on my bikes, whenever I've been stopped and asked for it I just produce it from my pocket.

It even seems every guard was expecting this, I've never been questioned about it.

Same here

mjsc1970 wrote: »
    Same here

Me three.

This was discussed briefly here recently

454879.jpg

Just spotted today at the corner of Cork Street, Dublin 8. I'm not quite sure what the owner is trying to achieve with it :confused:

454879.jpg

Just spotted today at the corner of Cork Street, Dublin 8. I'm not quite sure what the owner is trying to achieve with it :confused:

Dont know why this is so controversial to some...hot petrol produces less HP and evaporates through the cap faster...also saves the paint...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

it's nice filling up with cold petrol on a hot day

hot tank isn't enjoyable especially if you are wearing thin clothes

it's nice filling up with cold petrol on a hot day

hot tank isn't enjoyable especially if you are wearing thin clothes

Very true, never thought of that ;)

Why not carry one good lock instead of the 3 shíttest locks money can buy?

Why not carry one good lock instead of the 3 shíttest locks money can buy?

And why not try get the other 2 around the metal bar.

GBX wrote: »
    And why not try get the other 2 around the metal bar.

The 2 cable locks Makikomi would probably break with his hands. The chain looks like stamping on it with good boots would break it.

• Advertisement

Ah I know they dont look very strong but secured/taped to another point would make it somewhat more awkward for somebody trying to move it.

Better than nothing, but parking in such a public place regularly, skangers will see how shít the locks are and come back with a €7 bolt cutters, cut all 3 locks and wheel the bike down an alleyway in about 30 seconds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,090 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Better than nothing, but parking in such a public place regularly, skangers will see how shít the locks are and come back with a €7 bolt cutters, cut all 3 locks and wheel the bike down an alleyway in about 30 seconds.

Boltcutters? theyll just give the bike a pull and be away

As we head into the Skerries 100 weekend, and today the 4th of July is the third anniversary of Doc John Hinds death in Skerries.

A day I remember well and wrote about it at the time.

Myself and my son were in the medical area with my brother (some here know him, also of 'Paramedics' TV show fame lol and paramedic on the day) when Doc John's death in Beaumont Hospital was announced.

Despite the loss of their friend and colleague the MCI medical team never missed a beat the entire weekend, they showed ultimate professionalism to the very end.

MCI team facebook page with a tribute to Doc John Hinds

The very next day my son announced to me that he wanted a motorbike!!.. Skerries got him hooked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,453 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Lidl trigger feed soldering gun in Lidl this week.
    Very handy and gives a lovely coat of solder.
    PARKSIDE 60W Soldering Gun with Continuous Solder Feed
    https://www.lidl.ie/cps/rde/www_lidl_ie_3x/hs.xsl/productPageFinder.xml?listId=481&articleId=10408&type=offerdatelist&rdeLocaleAttr=en&productId=10408&countryCode=IE

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭sonic85

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/motorsport/44815725

Jesus Christ lads another horrible accident at the Southern 100 and James Cowton has died. 4 bike crash and Ivan Lintin is in critical condition. What a brutal week for road racing.

RIP James

sonic85 wrote: »
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/motorsport/44815725

Jesus Christ lads another horrible accident at the Southern 100 and James Cowton has died. 4 bike crash and Ivan Lintin is in critical condition. What a brutal week for road racing.

RIP James

Just awful news...met Ivan only a few years back, such a nice guy..hope he recovers..

Is it time for change, are the bikes just too fast for the roads etc....:(:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,615 ✭✭✭prunudo

Very sad news, hope the others pull through. Its been a hard couple month's being a road racing fan.
    Yesterday's incident was on 600's so the argument of the bikes being too powerful doesn't really stack up.

Yesterday's incident was on 600's so the argument of the bikes being too powerful doesn't really stack up.[/QUOTE]

Plus remember Joey Dunlop was killed on a 250cc and Robert was on a 125cc.

Tbh I blow hot and cold on road racing, although I attend some races if road racing was banned I'd never say it was a bad thing either.

Or as I put it to my brother after Skerries, 'if my son told me he was going to put a bike on the track I'd say ''brilliant, you'll have a ball". But if he told me he wanted to road race I'd crap myself and do everything in my power to stop him'.

James Cowton RIP

• Advertisement

Yesterday's incident was on 600's so the argument of the bikes being too powerful doesn't really stack up.

Plus remember Joey Dunlop was killed on a 250cc and Robert was on a 125cc.

Tbh I blow hot and cold on road racing, although I attend some races if road racing was banned I'd never say it was a bad thing either.

Or as I put it to my brother after Skerries, 'if my son told me he was going to put a bike on the track I'd say ''brilliant, you'll have a ball". But if he told me he wanted to road race I'd crap myself and do everything in my power to stop him'.

James Cowton RIP[/QUOTE]

Other way around..sozz

Yeah i know..it just that sick feeling i've had since the TT

Advertisement