Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

General chat thread... Links, pictures, banter etc

Comments

Sonics2k wrote: »
    Sorry lads, can anyone recommend a good place to get the bike resprayed in Cork or nearby? Looking to change the colour of it.

Get Conlon out by fivemilebridge just past the airport. He does excellent work (and charges accordingly).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,843 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

Gintonious wrote: »
    My day was going well until some old bollox reversed right into my bike today in Glendalough. He was a real dick about it too.

New rocker cover and mirror at the very least. Its going to Joe Duffy or Maddocks to get a look at, I am not skimping on this one. I think its a right of passage to get your bike knocked by some wánker though, right?

37173082_10212739489142701_3108368781026525184_o.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=9a7e3aeba9490038da557c9a21afe995&oe=5BCCB676

37245597_10212739488702690_415759375487991808_o.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=de52eb53fef95e99b704c885f4f88a37&oe=5B9EE607

37080570_10212739489502710_6447322304497057792_o.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=010d6518b42f0f7a51f945245175aaed&oe=5BC99789

Just back from Joe Duffy BMW from a damage assessment...1986.17.

Exhaust needs replacing as that is where he hit the bike. An expensive mistake, look in those mirrors!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,958 ✭✭✭D3V!L

Exhaust needs replacing as that is where he hit the bike. An expensive mistake, look in those mirrors!

How much will it cost to get it fixed after it leaves Joe Duffys ?

D3V!L wrote: »
    How much will it cost to get it fixed after it leaves Joe Duffys ?

Eh?

Eh?

It'll make more sense soon enough young Padawan ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭zubair

An expensive mistake, look in those mirrors!

And mind where you park... and get adequate bike protection mods. :D

zubair wrote: »

Yup, idiots everywhere!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,252 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

zubair wrote: »

Flame throwers for preference?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭colm_c

I had a similar type of damage a while back, and the exhaust needed replacing.

I asked them (Maddocks at the time) what would be the difference in cost to put in an upgraded 'BMW' akrapovic exhaust.

It was only a 100 euro in the difference, on it's own it was 900!

Worth asking them, bit of an upgrade for almost nothing.

colm_c wrote: »

I asked them (Maddocks at the time) what would be the difference in cost to put in an upgraded 'BMW' akrapovic exhaust.

Good shout, I can't imagine an upgraded exhaust is much more expensive than a new standard BMW one.

• Advertisement

The standard one is actually Akrapovic. When my wife bought her's it came with a high rise can with link pipe as well as the standard low twin can set up. Both are Akrapovic.

The high rise one sounds amazing, all burbles :D

When I want to drive something that sounds like an actually motorbike I take her's.

I am way ahead of you on that one. Already asked and he said if the insurance want to do it by the book that it will have to be the OEM exhaust, I am hopeful that I can get is changed though because I was actually going to change it!

Was it a simple ask for you or did the insurance claim have to change?

I am way ahead of you on that one. Already asked and he said if the insurance want to do it by the book that it will have to be the OEM exhaust, I am hopeful that I can get is changed though because I was actually going to change it!

Was it a simple ask for you or did the insurance claim have to change?

Insurance didn't even know, I just asked the guy in the garage when I was booking it in, and he said no problem once I paid the balance.

Lads, we had a bit of a conversation a while back about ear plugs.

Now, I personally prefer to listen to music or an audio book on my commute but the wind noise was insane.

Anyway, I got myself a Galaxy S8 on Saturday and got to try out the new headphones and it was absolute bliss, barely any wind sound but I could hear the engine and other cars, as well as my audio book very clearly. Usually I'd strain to hear music at high volume.

AKG headphones are the ones, totally recommend them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

Now, I personally prefer to listen to music or an audio book on my commute but the wind noise was insane.

Anyway, I got myself a Galaxy S8 on Saturday and got to try out the new headphones and it was absolute bliss, barely any wind sound but I could hear the engine and other cars, as well as my audio book very clearly. Usually I'd strain to hear music at high volume.

In the event of an accident how would you stand on the insurance side of things..??

In the event of an accident how would you stand on the insurance side of things..??

Actually I mentioned this quite recently when I was renewing my policy, asking about helmet cameras etc.

Apparently it wouldn't have any real impact on a claim but I might try and get this in writing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 416 ✭✭scudster

Actually I mentioned this quite recently when I was renewing my policy, asking about helmet cameras etc.

Apparently it wouldn't have any real impact on a claim but I might try and get this in writing

Don’t forget that all phone conversations with insurance companies are recorded so that should be proof.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,391 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Colour me cynical but if a recording is going to cost them thousands or tens of thousands of euro, what are the chances it'll go missing...

Scrap the cap!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,090 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Colour me cynical but if a recording is going to cost them thousands or tens of thousands of euro, what are the chances it'll go missing...

None companies are obliged to keep them if they say they are recording and you have gdpr to back up and data requests.

You won't beat in ear headphones at all.

Mine are inserted into my Sena 20s. It takes 3.5mm headphones jack. I have Shure headphones . They are permanently on my helmet. Less faffing.

Also have akg ones you own. They are a very good headphone

• Advertisement

listermint wrote: »

You won't beat in ear headphones at all.

Mine are inserted into my Sena 20s. It takes 3.5mm headphones jack. I have Shure headphones . They are permanently on my helmet. Less faffing.

Also have akg ones you own. They are a very good headphone

Which sure ones do you have?

Which sure ones do you have?

Shure SE215-K-E

have them over a year now and very happy with them. sound quality is exceptional.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,391 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

I thought someone here would know Brian O’Callaghan-Westropp who died in the fire in Greece. He was involved in Blood Bikes East.

I didn't know him but by all accounts he was a great guy and he lost his life all too soon. RIP.

Scrap the cap!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

I thought someone here would know Brian O’Callaghan-Westropp who died in the fire in Greece. He was involved in Blood Bikes East.

I didn't know him but by all accounts he was a great guy and he lost his life all too soon. RIP.

I heard someone from Blood Bikes speaking about him on the radio, sounds like he was a great man. Very tragic story.

Update on my little accident from a few pages back (someone reversed into my bike)

Insurance has approved the costs and the bike can be repaired. I did ask the garage if all the parts had to be like for like, or if I can change them but all they said was that it had to match the estimate. I didn't properly ask if I could add some money to it to upgrade the parts but I will when he calls back.

The new catch is that I am emigrating on the 15th of August, and the bike is coming with...its never easy.

Update on my little accident from a few pages back (someone reversed into my bike)

Insurance has approved the costs and the bike can be repaired. I did ask the garage if all the parts had to be like for like, or if I can change them but all they said was that it had to match the estimate. I didn't properly ask if I could add some money to it to upgrade the parts but I will when he calls back.

The new catch is that I am emigrating on the 15th of August, and the bike is coming with...its never easy.

All's well that ends well :)

Where are you off to this time ?

D3V!L wrote: »
    All's well that ends well :)

Where are you off to this time ?

Moving back over to Canada again for a stint. Grass isn't always greener it seems, and i think I picked a bad time to move home with rent and house buying just being so crazy in Dublin right now.

I have a good opportunity over in Vancouver again work wise, and I do think as well that I moved home for the wrong reasons, a bit of the objective vs the subjective. You see your mates buying homes and going to the pub etc on instagram and you think "God, I miss that, I want that, I hate where I am".

Turns out, thats not the case at all. So been having a long and hard think recently (the bike is great for that), and pulled the trigger. The folks are understanding of it as well, which is the main thing. And shipping the bike isn't too bad really.

I was also able to put my money towards the costs with the repairs and went with this exhaust layout. Also bought a few more bits for it...because why the hell not!

BMW%20R%20NINE%20T%20AKRAPOVIC%20EXHAUST%20HIGH%20TITANIUM.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭big syke

Got the new Ninja 400 few weeks back. big change from the Moped I had. Loving it so far :)

Great looking bike, even for a bad photo! LOL

• Advertisement

It's always refreshing to see a non-green Ninja

Advertisement