Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

General chat thread... Links, pictures, banter etc

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭Emmersonn

Who needs a 190/50-17 rear or straight bars.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rDJZjdKai24
    Nice recovery
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q7sK17v5g_w

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭zubair

Cotters have a 35 back offer on selected Michelin sets for September and October. Seems to be credited as a fuel gift card. This would make them cheaper or the same price as many other good tyre options. It includes the PR5s so will be availing of this soon. Still a mm left in the front of my RS3s and loads left on the rear but starting to see signs of cupping on the front after 7k miles.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,595 ✭✭✭hairyslug

Just want to make sure before I buy, are SAE connectors universal, I have a deltran tender wired in but want to get an extension cable to bring it up to the handlebars.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,252 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

Just booked my bike test. No dates given, but apparently they give 4 weeks notice.

€85 for it is bloody pricey too. Anyone happen to have the route for Ballincollig, Cork?

Season is coming to an end so hopefully there won't be much of a wait time. Get out and practice being sensible again now.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭ayux4rj6zql2ph

Has anyone here ever dealt with GLS couriers?

I checked the track & trace details of my order for the crash bars and engine guard on line, it said they were in the vehicle for delivery at 07.40 this morning and I just checked now where it says they are in the warehouse despite seeing a few of the vehicles in my locality today, what the fcuk is going on with them :mad: Closed until Monday to make it worse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

Has anyone here ever dealt with GLS couriers?

I checked the track & trace details of my order for the crash bars and engine guard on line, it said they were in the vehicle for delivery at 07.40 this morning and I just checked now where it says they are in the warehouse despite seeing a few of the vehicles in my locality today, what the fcuk is going on with them :mad: Closed until Monday to make it worse.

Deal with them a lot...dont be suprised if he arrives at 7 tonight...
    Its a lottery with them all tbh....better using parcel motel or address pal if you can...;)

Deal with them a lot...dont be suprised if he arrives at 7 tonight...
    Its a lottery with them all tbh....better using parcel motel or address pal if you can...;)

Even though the only website says it is now back at the warehouse?

I ordered from HEED who shipped it via GLS the entire way from Poland.

Not familiar with this parcel motel stuff. Can you PM how that works? Don't want to clog up the thread with my stupidity.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

I experienced my first wobble or skid this morning. I took the blackbird for a change. Conditions were wet. As I approached the toll booth I slowed using engine braking. I dropped down the gears too fast. It felt like the front and rear both squirmed a little. When I pulled away from the toll the rear squirmed again.

Coming from a cb400 and a NC750 I had yet to experience what it felt like for the rear to slide out.

I nursed the blackbird the rest of the way into work. It is a nice reminder of the changing road conditions coming in now.

P.s I didn't notice and diesel spill in the area but it's totally possible as I use the truck booth most times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,391 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Toll booths are notorious for dropped oil.

Scrap the cap!

• Advertisement

I experienced my first wobble or skid this morning. I took the blackbird for a change. Conditions were wet. As I approached the toll booth I slowed using engine braking. I dropped down the gears too fast. It felt like the front and rear both squirmed a little. When I pulled away from the toll the rear squirmed again.

Coming from a cb400 and a NC750 I had yet to experience what it felt like for the rear to slide out.

I nursed the blackbird the rest of the way into work. It is a nice reminder of the changing road conditions coming in now.

P.s I didn't notice and diesel spill in the area but it's totally possible as I use the truck booth most times.

Obviously gunning it after squeezing through the gap in the barrier :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

zubair wrote: »
    Obviously gunning it after squeezing through the gap in the barrier :D

Its a few parts of the commute that puts a grin on the face:D

Is this likely to be a hazard does anyone know?#

289evl.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,090 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Is this likely to be a hazard does anyone know?#

289evl.jpg

They should be covered in heat wrap.

Never like exposed cable like that and solder it will rust in seconds . Terrible job.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

Pop it out and put a bit if tape on it...or just put a blob of grease on it to keep it dry...solder doesnt rust..:P

listermint wrote: »
    They should be covered in heat wrap.

Never like exposed cable like that and solder it will rust in seconds . Terrible job.

And I paid to have those switches replaced yesterday. I did contact the workshop, awaiting a response, should be fixed free of charge but doubt it.

EDIT:

Spoke with the workshop, the mechanic who fitted the parts said that the entire switch was missing on one side, I don't recall that, but it wasn't working hence the replacement, anyhow, the advice I was given was to get a bit of tubing and slip it on myself or a bit of electrical tape worst case scenario.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Lads I need a reg plate asap. Preferably a small-ish one. Any recommendations?

Zascar wrote: »

Something like this?

https://printpoint.ie/printpoint/irish-motorbike-plates

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Zascar wrote: »

Where you based???

Most motorfactors would do them.

Autocare Dundrum,Bray.
    Rathgar motorfactors
    Bike world beside naas road.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Halfords do reg plates

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

And I paid to have those switches replaced yesterday. I did contact the workshop, awaiting a response, should be fixed free of charge but doubt it.

EDIT:

Spoke with the workshop, the mechanic who fitted the parts said that the entire switch was missing on one side, I don't recall that, but it wasn't working hence the replacement, anyhow, the advice I was given was to get a bit of tubing and slip it on myself or a bit of electrical tape worst case scenario.

I found liquid electrical tape excellent for this sort of job, you may need two coats or more but its easy enough to use and makes a decent job out of that kind of wiring.

I have had several made by Radiator services, on Rutland Place.
    I like the pressed alloy ones more than plastic ones and the ones they make are top notch IMHO.
    No connection but a satisfied customer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

CJhaughey wrote: »
    I have had several made by Radiator services, on Rutland Place.
    I like the pressed alloy ones more than plastic ones and the ones they make are top notch IMHO.
    No connection but a satisfied customer.

I find them too expensive, and Colm (one of the owners) is a mate of mine, but I can't recommend him due to his prices.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭IrishGrimReaper

Folks can anyone link me a bolt cap like this on ebay, or point me to a shop in Galway. I can't seem to find one anywhere, it's for a 03 Varadero 125

57IjAjq.jpg

I found liquid electrical tape excellent for this sort of job, you may need two coats or more but its easy enough to use and makes a decent job out of that kind of wiring.

Legend :D

Will have to give that a try.

Can’t find that tubing anywhere on its own.

If anyone can provide links to sites for panniers & the holders i'd appreciate it.

I've already visited Givi and Wemoto.

Basically i'm looking for V35 boxes & a PLX532 pannier holder at the best possible price.

Would U.S products fit the DL?

Feel free to PM with any suggestions.

Folks can anyone link me a bolt cap like this on ebay, or point me to a shop in Galway. I can't seem to find one anywhere, it's for a 03 Varadero 125
    Thats a genuine only part I would think, from Honda it won't be that expensive.
    https://ie.fowlersparts.co.uk/parts/view/90131-GAA-000

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 2,957 Mod ✭✭✭✭macplaxton

Thats a genuine only part I would think, from Honda it won't be that expensive.
    https://ie.fowlersparts.co.uk/parts/view/90131-GAA-000

Agree it's probably dealer only, but the part you have linked 90131-GAA-000 is just a flange bolt that holds the caliper on.

boltflange8x25_medium90131GAA000-01_21a1.jpg

The thing in the picture looks like the pin which is part of the carrier bracket 45290-KPC-661.

brkt-sub-assyr-f_medium45290KPC661-01_ea4c.jpg

brkt-sub-assyr-f_medium45290KPC661-02_59e8.jpg

There's a piece about those calipers:
    http://bikesandtravels.com/biker.aspx?ride=725
    http://www.e-pieces2roues.fr/boutique/images_produits/z02fa197.jpg

That looks like the part for sure, its something like €23 for the carrier complete.
    Interesting read about those calipers, I have done a few and the process I use is to completely strip the caliper, seals out and dust boots as well.
    Clean the seal groove very well, and the thinner one for the dust boot likewise, I tend to use a brass brush the same size as a toothbrush as I find they work the best, also heating the caliper with a few passes of a torch will get it hot enough to drive all the moisture out of it, and leave the caliper dry to make it easier to clean inside the pots.

I use Red rubber grease at this point behind the seal and the dustboot , its fiddly and messy but it provides a level of corrosion resistance as it stops water getting behind and corroding from the inside which causes the seal to be pushed out of the groove and tighten against the piston causing sticking brakes.
    Also smear the piston well with the grease as it aids fitting.

For the sliders I like Motorex Grease 2000 which is very waterproof and doesn't affect the rubber, its a flourescent green colour.
    Once you rebuild a caliper like this in my experience they last a lot better as water doesn't affect them as much.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,453 ✭✭✭✭blade1

If anyone can provide links to sites for panniers & the holders i'd appreciate it.

I've already visited Givi and Wemoto.

Basically i'm looking for V35 boxes & a PLX532 pannier holder at the best possible price.

Would U.S products fit the DL?

Feel free to PM with any suggestions.

http://www.adverts.ie/16196371

Advertisement