Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

General chat thread... Links, pictures, banter etc

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,090 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Legend :D

Will have to give that a try.

Can’t find that tubing anywhere on its own.

Halfords sell shrink wrap in a box it's cheap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭ayux4rj6zql2ph

blade1 wrote: »
    Would those panniers fit?
    listermint wrote: »
    Halfords sell shrink wrap in a box it's cheap.

Must call in there once the weather clears up a bit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,453 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Would those panniers fit?
    At a guess I'd say yes but you'd want to make sure.
    They are 35nt panniers and you want V35 ones.
    I can't see any difference.

At a guess I'd say yes but you'd want to make sure.
    They are 35nt panniers and you want V35 ones.
    I can't see any difference.

6 of 1 half dozen of the other really. I wrote to the seller and they have advised me that the holders might not fit, I think I read somewhere that they are an identical fit to the Kawasaki zzr1400.

PLX532 are the pannier holders for my bike, can be got on there own for €134 on line but that is a better deal if the cases are in good condition.

6 of 1 half dozen of the other really. I wrote to the seller and they have advised me that the holders might not fit, I think I read somewhere that they are an identical fit to the Kawasaki zzr1400.

PLX532 are the pannier holders for my bike, can be got on there own for €134 on line but that is a better deal if the cases are in good condition.

The best you'll do for new cases delivered is 300ish.
    So nearly 450 including rack.

I have a zzr1400 rack in the shed and the plx532 does indeed look identical.
    But obviously I can't be sure without seeing both together.

If I was you I'd buy the boxes on adverts anyway with or without the rack.
    Who knows, even if the rack doesn't fit,if they are close possibly a made up added piece might work!

• Advertisement

The best you'll do for new cases delivered is 300ish.
    So nearly 450 including rack.

I have a zzr1400 rack in the shed and the plx532 does indeed look identical.
    But obviously I can't be sure without seeing both together.

If I was you I'd buy the boxes on adverts anyway with or without the rack.
    Who knows, even if the rack doesn't fit,if they are close possibly a made up added piece might work!

The boxes are a direct fit, no question about that.

PLX446 is for the ZZR so I’m unsure what the difference is without seeing them myself.

Found a wet patch on the inside of my engine guard, then I found this.

Any idea what i'm looking at? as in is it engine or gearbox?

Thanks in advance

1gniue.jpg

2430zeu.jpg

Give it a good clean and try and spot where it starts from.
    Even check up up around the cam covers as it can run down from them as well.

Give it a good clean and try and spot where it starts from.
    Even check up up around the cam covers as it can run down from them as well.

Found a tiny little drop of oil on the bottom bolt connecting to the pipe.

Seems that it is running from the top pipe down to the bottom

Might let it run for a few minutes to see goes it come back.

EDIT:

The top pipe is corroded :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

Applied for the A provisional today. Very nice people in the ndls centre in Ennis, I was both of the people theres first A2 to A so they went and checked to be 100% sure how the progression worked.

Need to buy some wet weather gear and a cover for the bike, I've moved up to spiddal for work and will have to keep the bike outside...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭zubair

Judging by the amount of crud in there it's been like that for a while. Is that a return pipe from the oil cooler?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

Was thinking oil cooler pipe too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,252 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

Leave the bikes at home today lads, wind is picking up massively.

Sonics2k wrote: »
    Leave the bikes at home today lads, wind is picking up massively.

Doesn't look too bad out my door. What's massively? I'm not seeing sign . It was windyer yesterday on my way home

listermint wrote: »
    Doesn't look too bad out my door. What's massively? I'm not seeing sign . It was windyer yesterday on my way home

Might just be for us down in Cork. Woke up a bit early because of the wind outside, popped outside and the bike is actually rocking a little bit because of the wind on it's stand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,958 ✭✭✭D3V!L

I was thinking of starting to commute into Dublin city on my bike this week !! How wrong was I :rolleyes:

The trees are bent over in D12 with the wind today . :eek:

Yeah it’s the oil cooler pipe, cost is €100 plus labour to replace it.

As for the Cork weather, it’s a rough one. I wouldn’t be venturing out on a bike.

zubair wrote: »
    Judging by the amount of crud in there it's been like that for a while. Is that a return pipe from the oil cooler?

Yeah there’s 2 pipes all in, the top one is corroded where it meets the seal.

The bike is still under warranty but I couldn’t be bothered looking to get it done by the dealership where I bought it as there is no public transport near the place.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Lads is anyone on biker.ie? I need something posted but I my account is locked. Would anyone be able to post something for me in the for sale section? Drop me a pm!

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭thos

Took the train today, could barely walk up the road when I got off in Grand Canal Dock with the gusts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,391 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Similar here, took the bus, was thinking it wasn't too bad on the way in then it really started to pick up, nearly got blown off my feet walking towards the office, Dublin city centre.

Scrap the cap!

Took me nearly two hours to drive to work in the car today, half remembered why I ride a bike when it takes 30 minutes or so.

The wind was intense even in the car for a good bit of the journey, but I was surprised to see two lads on bikes. One of them was being knocked around a fierce amount.

Not as strong on the East Coast, wicklow / dublin. Drove in this morning prob around 30-34kmph nothing crazy.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

I took the bike but very nearly dropped it when a huge gust of wind came between two building and funnelled right at me when I was stopped at the lights.

Zascar wrote: »
    I took the bike but very nearly dropped it when a huge gust of wind came between two building and funnelled right at me when I was stopped at the lights.

2 Feet man! 2 Feet :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭zubair

Glad I worked from home so. Didnt even think of the weather, just happened. Wind is the worst.

Felt like Tom crean walking to work today through spiddal.. right at the sea properly having to lean into the wind like a yank at the cliffs of moher

Looking at bike covers online.. need to get some kind of locks too

Anyone think I have a chance of getting insurance in June on a gsxr 750, by then I'll be 24, 3 years no claims on bikes 2 years on the A2 and I'll have the A license..

Felt like Tom crean walking to work today through spiddal.. right at the sea properly having to lean into the wind like a yank at the cliffs of moher

Looking at bike covers online.. need to get some kind of locks too

Call me mad here, but as my bike is parked outside overnight (pretty good area) between two cars, I still take the cover off the bike just in case it get's blown over.

It happened one time last year, thankfully landing on wet grass, but I'd hate it to be on the road overnight.

• Advertisement

Sonics2k wrote: »
    Call me mad here, but as my bike is parked outside overnight (pretty good area) between two cars, I still take the cover off the bike just in case it get's blown over.

It happened one time last year, thankfully landing on wet grass, but I'd hate it to be on the road overnight.

I'm trying to figure out exactly where I'll keep it, it's off street parking and there are a few corners etc so I'll try my best to find somewhere the wind wont be able to catch it. Never had a bike cover but i dont want people to be able to see it. If they cant take a picture of it parked up they cant send it to their scumbag friends to come take it...

Theres a shed for the bins, could sneak it in there during storms I'd say

Advertisement