Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General chat thread... Links, pictures, banter etc

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

So after 25 +/- years my jacket has started to leak.. In that time its been through various off's, heatwaves, snow storms, rain, club runs, biker weddings & funerals ~ and NEVER BEEN WASHED!!!.

Shall I do the kind thing and retire her?.

Have I mentioned in those 25yrs its never been washed?... :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,016 ✭✭✭Wossack

nikwax and she'll be good for another 25 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Mr Sheen!

So after 25 +/- years my jacket has started to leak.. In that time its been through various off's, heatwaves, snow storms, rain, club runs, biker weddings & funerals ~ and NEVER BEEN WASHED!!!.

I think we need a picture

• Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭goodlad

After a few hicups with funding and canceled orders on some things i finally got through and confirmed an order on some two brothers exhausts.

I didn't go for the carbon or titanium which were my preference but the polished aluminum dual slip on set was only 450 euro delivered on sale!

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Mod

Deleted posts.

Lets just pretend that never happened.

What is seen cannot be unseen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭Skill Magill

Mod

Deleted posts.

Needs music

Seen what now?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭zubair

Funny you post this as my jacket is currently in the washing machine with nikwax. Washed it with soap flakes a month ago and thought all was good until I got caught in a serious downpour and got soaked.

I've never used the nikwax before, hope it works.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,372 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Mod

Deleted posts.

I can't pretend!!!
    I'm scarred for life after that!!!:pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,296 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Mod

Deleted posts.

I hate going into threads and seeing this! What did I miss?

Cienciano wrote: »

My lips are sealed(unlike what was here earlier):pac::pac::pac:

• Advertisement

Using nikwax is like clutching at the last straw before you go down, you want your €500 jacket back in pristine condition like it was when you bought it, which is never gonna happen. What it is, is a final reminder that you've had a perfectly good jacket for 10 years or so and need to go buy another one. Everything wears out eventually

Wondas links to some cool vids that had links in the background that possibly weren't for the feint hearted :D

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭rocoso

wondring whats happening with de orange order in ireland ....a land i have come to reside in but there seems to be so many stupid people....i have come all the way from spain a country proud of our culture and i come here!!! and to think you catholics still suffer this.....omg

rocoso wrote: »
    wondring whats happening with de orange order in ireland ....a land i have come to reside in but there seems to be so many stupid people....i have come all the way from spain a country proud of our culture and i come here!!! and to think you catholics still suffer this.....omg
    Good man rocoso, good to see there're stupid people in Spain too, you know where you're posting right?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,284 ✭✭✭Bikerguy

Good man rocoso, good to see there're stupid people in Spain too, you know where you're posting right?

Standard "spanish behavior". Been there... this is what makes bad names for forein people who are proud to live here. I moan every now and then but this country is giving me the daily "bred" to feed my family therefore i will threat IE always with respect. And sorry but genuine Irish people are the best in d world.

Hint no hate here: My wife is spanish..lol

This is motorbike section and to be honest i was driving in spain on a bike and i better dont start the theme here.. its no worth.. as we have clearly example of Madrileno que sabe todo...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

blade1 wrote: »
    My lips are sealed(unlike what was here earlier):pac::pac::pac:

Ahhh jaysus it nothing you have not seen before (I HOPE) :confused::confused:

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Ahhh jaysus it nothing you have not seen before (I HOPE) :confused::confused:

Now I know what prolapsed means..:pac::pac:

Oh jesus. I google imaged that word before. I dare anyone to do it :pac:

Nahhhhh, you trying to make me out to be some mad deranged prevert or summit!!!!

:o

Nahhhhh, you trying to make me out to be some mad deranged prevert or summit!!!!

:o

Were they selfies? :pac:

• Advertisement

Were they selfies? :pac:

Yurp 1440 res. too :eek:

Yurp 1440 res. too :eek:

Go Pro or sj4000?
    What harness was used to achieve those angles?:eek:

Go Pro or sj4000?
    What harness was used to achieve those angles?:eek:

No No the real deal....none of that Sushi 4000 for me.

It involved rock climbing rope, duck tape and a full length mirror to get the prolapsed shot. I had to point the camera at the mirror for the precise angle.

:p

I see we have a new Motorbikes mod. Quick lads! Get the pitchforks and lets run him outa town!

vigilante-1.jpg

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

goodlad wrote: »
    I see we have a new Motorbikes mod. Quick lads! Get the pitchforks and lets run him outa town!

vigilante-1.jpg

:D

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=91254214#post91254214

• Registered Users Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

3 garda passed me on bikes today. Very impressed with their riding skills. Even heard the peg getting scraped off the tarmac

Apart from the cost of getting a new bike i can never help getting loads of other bits!

Slapped on the yoke and fuel cap protectors today.
    Also looking at ordering a Fork Brace and a Givi Airflow screen.

Located a 650 seat so picking that up during the week.

Then onto the job of getting the 20mm lowering dogbones put onto the bike.

And of course when the new Exhausts finally arrive i will need to suss out the best place to remap the bike to the Exhausts.

Was doing the brakes on the Sprint to get them in tip top shape when my old "Ratchet" popped its clogs. So rather then paying €47 for a decent one in Halfrauds I opted for the 200 piece Halfrauds Advanced Tool kit. Its less then half price with a bit of a haggle and a bit of a white lie saying I was in the "TRADE" :o

Pics arent great, taken at night on Camera phone but you get the idea. Set is really good for the money with all the bases covered and some and all spanners are ratchet spanners. Lifetime warranty on all the tools even the ratchets unlike the non advanced tool sets.
    Considering the 120 piece is more expensive its a no brainer. But the set itself is heavy at 16.5Kgs....

[URL="[IMG]http://i57.tinypic.com/242whdw.jpg[/IMG]"]242whdw.jpg[/URL]

[URL="[IMG]http://i57.tinypic.com/2hcnwxh.jpg[/IMG]"]2hcnwxh.jpg[/URL]

[URL="[IMG]http://i62.tinypic.com/2vljitj.jpg[/IMG]"]2vljitj.jpg[/URL]

[URL="[IMG]http://i58.tinypic.com/34fmm8z.jpg[/IMG]"]34fmm8z.jpg[/URL]

How much was it man?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,464 ✭✭✭prunudo

^^^^^
    Have the same toolset, bought it 5 years and it's a top quality but of kit. Got me out of many a hole. Only thing it lacks is a couple of pliers.
    Did you get the torque wrench in Halfords too.

Edit, actually looks like you have a few extra bits but it's essentially the same set.

Advertisement