Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

General chat thread... Links, pictures, banter etc

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

This is as bright as I get

463391.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭zubair

Scrambling for iron cross jokes here but I've got nothing. Liking the simoncelli lid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭IrishGrimReaper

I just got my logbook after importing the bike. Section Q on it is for "Power/Weight Ratio". Mine is showing 0.000 is this standard or should there be a proper number? Mindful my test is soon and wondering if the tester looks at this part?

2008 Honda CBF600

I had an sv650 for my test and the tester looked out the window at it and said "grand".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭ayux4rj6zql2ph

Has anybody here ever gotten the Oxford 705 handguards? looking for opinions on them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

D3V!L wrote: »
    Whats it made out of ?? No way it could be leather at that price.

Why not..?....bet he didn't get it in BW or Cotters....I got a great black leather jacket ,full armour for 65 yo on ebay last year....no issues at all

Why not..?....bet he didn't get it in BW or Cotters....I got a great black leather jacket ,full armour for 65 yo on ebay last year....no issues at all

To be fair, he was right.

Mine also has the full armour, just can’t translate Chinese to tell if it is real or fake leather :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

I wouldn't wear fake leather, would probably melt onto your skin half a second after touching tarmac

I wouldn't wear fake leather, would probably melt onto your skin half a second after touching tarmac

I’ll hsve to go back on eBay to double check if it is, I’m just assuming it isn’t due to the price

• Advertisement

I'm not a fan of matching lids or leathers to bikes but a hrc jacket isn't exactly in keeping with a vstrom or a scooter. Just saying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭UrbanFret

I just got my logbook after importing the bike. Section Q on it is for "Power/Weight Ratio". Mine is showing 0.000 is this standard or should there be a proper number? Mindful my test is soon and wondering if the tester looks at this part?

2008 Honda CBF600

That's on my log book as well.
    Whats at (P.2)?

zubair wrote: »
    I'm not a fan of matching lids or leathers to bikes but a hrc jacket isn't exactly in keeping with a vstrom or a scooter. Just saying.

I agree. I just plan on wearing it casually, in the same way F1 or Moto GP jackets are worn. I merely bought it because I liked the look of it. I do think I’d stand out a bit wearing that jacket on either bike. The armour that came with it actually seems better than what I have in my regular bike jacket so I may well switch them.

I knew a guy years ago who had one of those jackets on a TZR 50, looked weird if I’m honest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭IrishGrimReaper

UrbanFret wrote: »
    That's on my log book as well.
    Whats at (P.2)?

P2 is blank also, I was chatting to William the Bike instructor and he says his CBF600 logbook shows the same as mine Q:0.000 and noting in P2. So should be alright.

When you did your test did the RSA guy check your logbook?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,252 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

I'm heading up to Dublin next week for the Dave Chappelle and Jon Stewart gig, and was thinking of heading out to Harley Davidson in Ballymount to have a look around.

What's the best way of getting out there via public transport? I'm assuming there's no Luas out there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Irish Logbooks are largely a work of fiction, be it bikes, cars or campers.
    Riddled with inaccuracies and lots of fields left blank.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,011 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Sonics2k wrote: »
    I'm heading up to Dublin next week for the Dave Chappelle and Jon Stewart gig, and was thinking of heading out to Harley Davidson in Ballymount to have a look around.

What's the best way of getting out there via public transport? I'm assuming there's no Luas out there.

The Red Cow Luas Stop is a 10-15 min walk https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Red+Cow+Luas+Stop/Dublin+Harley-Davidson/@53.31789,-6.3717553,16z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m14!4m13!1m5!1m1!1s0x48670cad97f2ddcb:0xdcc930332024de43!2m2!1d-6.3697805!2d53.316746!1m5!1m1!1s0x0:0xee5e54d20961ada8!2m2!1d-6.361667!2d53.317321!3e2
    That would be the most straight forward option for you :)

Its signposted to walk from the Luas to the Red cow. You go up over this footbridge

And when you get to the bottom you follow the road around to the left (Where the sign for Ballymount Fireplaces is in this streetview) and its 2 minutes away.

Harley Davidson

Red Cow

GBX wrote: »
    The Red Cow Luas Stop is a 10-15 min walk https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Red+Cow+Luas+Stop/Dublin+Harley-Davidson/@53.31789,-6.3717553,16z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m14!4m13!1m5!1m1!1s0x48670cad97f2ddcb:0xdcc930332024de43!2m2!1d-6.3697805!2d53.316746!1m5!1m1!1s0x0:0xee5e54d20961ada8!2m2!1d-6.361667!2d53.317321!3e2
    That would be the most straight forward option for you :)

Its signposted to walk from the Luas to the Red cow. You go up over this footbridge

And when you get to the bottom you follow the road around to the left (Where the sign for Ballymount Fireplaces is in this streetview) and its 2 minutes away.

Harley Davidson

Red Cow

Absolute legend, cheers!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭UrbanFret

P2 is blank also, I was chatting to William the Bike instructor and he says his CBF600 logbook shows the same as mine Q:0.000 and noting in P2. So should be alright.

When you did your test did the RSA guy check your logbook?

Yes but it was williams log book. I used his cbf600. On the sv logbook at p2 it says 5555
    5. Which I asume is 55kws.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,391 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

It's nowhere near Ballymount!

Scrap the cap!

• Advertisement

It's nowhere near Ballymount!

Eh ? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,391 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

The Red Cow retail centre. It has Ballymount in the address but that's the wrong M50 exit to take, because it's not near Ballymount at all.

Scrap the cap!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,958 ✭✭✭D3V!L

The Red Cow retail centre. It has Ballymount in the address but that's the wrong M50 exit to take, because it's not near Ballymount at all.

Nope, no where near it at all. :rolleyes:

463543.JPG

Perhaps . But thats how HD have their address . Anyway, Sonics2k asked about getting the Luas, which as per my directions is based on getting off the Luas at the Red Cow and walking. Which wont take him/her anywhere near the Ballymount M50 exit

To clarify, I think GBX got it very right.

I said Ballymount because that was the closest town name I could see on the map, so thought it'd make the directions that bit smoother.

To hell with Dublin your complicated mass transit system.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,306 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

D3V!L wrote: »
    Nope, no where near it at all. :rolleyes:

463543.JPG

LOL!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,958 ✭✭✭D3V!L

I've never seen those words used in that fashion before :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

To clarify, I think GBX got it very right.

I said Ballymount because that was the closest town name I could see on the map, so thought it'd make the directions that bit smoother.

You may as well drop into Bikeworld while youre in Ballymount....check out the "London" prices....:p

You may as well drop into Bikeworld while youre in Ballymount....check out the "London" prices....:p

To be honest I think herself may murder me if I spent the whole day going to bike-shops. I can just about get away with HD because she likes the look of them.

After GBX's help though, might actually end up driving to Dublin in the car. It'll cost us about €100 just to get the train to Dublin, plus the costs of buses from Bandon to Cork

• Advertisement

I think bikeworld is a better shop, wouldn't buy anything off them though.

Advertisement