Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

General chat thread... Links, pictures, banter etc

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

zubair wrote: »
    I think bikeworld is a better shop, wouldn't buy anything off them though.

No one does....great for tryin-on tho...:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭ayux4rj6zql2ph

I think bikeworld is a better shop, wouldn't buy anything off them though.
    No one does....great for tryin-on tho...:p

Care to let me in on the secret as to why? :o

Care to let me in on the secret as to why? :o
    Their stuff is wayyyy over priced...try-on..buy-on line...;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭ayux4rj6zql2ph

I just looked at their website :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,958 ✭✭✭D3V!L

I'd buy a bike from them and I did plenty. But by f**k are they expensive for "some" things. Not all though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭zubair

The difference in price for the gear I just bought online but tried on in their shop was 150 more for the jacket and over 100 for the trousers, both were "on sale" in bikeworld

D3V!L wrote: »
    I'd buy a bike from them and I did plenty. But by f**k are they expensive for "some" things. Not all though.

They've got big windows... they saw you coming!

Anyway, you've got too much money!

Anyway, you've got too much money!

I wish !! I have to wait another year before I buy my second bike. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,453 ✭✭✭✭blade1

2019 S1000rr

Seems to be be copying the Italians a bit in the looks department
    https://www.rideapart.com/articles/265213/2019-bmw-s1000rr-leaked-renderings-images/

blade1 wrote: »
    2019 S1000rr

https://www.rideapart.com/articles/269179/2019-bmw-s1000rr-teaser-video/

Pitty they don't make it in adult sizes. It felt like a mini Moto when I sat on the current model .

blade1 wrote: »
    2019 S1000rr

https://www.rideapart.com/articles/265213/2019-bmw-s1000rr-leaked-renderings-images/

Looks like every other sports bike imo....yawn......:o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Re. Bikeworld.

I've bought a few bikes from them, and would have gone back to buy again when I was changing the Z1000 but their warranty on S/H bikes is a joke.

On a 2015 Verseys 1000 they were offering a 3 month warranty and wouldn't move on that. Compare that to Joe Duffy who offer a 12 month unlimited warranty on all their S/H bikes, so it was easy for me to walk away from the Verseys.

I've bought helmets and other stuff from them. But saying that they offer a 15% discount to members of the defense forces (and other front line emergency services) and I'll always try support a business which supports us.

One last word on Bikeworld. They've always done right by me as a customer. Even went above and beyond on several occasions. Other shops where I have spent 10's of thousands in where the opposite. One in particular just walking distance from BW, sold me a dangerous previously crashed bike which only came to my attention recently. Another on the other side of the city has had about 75 grand off myself and my wife in the past 2 years and I wont set foot in their shop ever again after my last purchase.

So with all the bitching people do about Bikeworld , remember they aren't the worst. The lads and ladies that work there are actual bikers, road racers and proper petrol heads. Other shops employ people with "sales" and banking backgrounds (isn't Linkedin Great !!). They usually have a high staff turn over and read the blurb from the big motor company about the bikes they sell.

One last word on Bikeworld. They've always done right by me as a customer. Even went above and beyond on several occasions. Other shops where I have spent 10's of thousands in where the opposite. One in particular just walking distance from BW, sold me a dangerous previously crashed bike which only came to my attention recently. Another on the other side of the city has had about 75 grand off myself and my wife in the past 2 years and I wont set foot in their shop ever again after my last purchase.

So with all the bitching people do about Bikeworld , remember they aren't the worst. The lads and ladies that work there are actual bikers, road racers and proper petrol heads. Other shops employ people with "sales" and banking backgrounds. They usually have a high staff turn over and read the blurb from the big motor company about the bikes they sell.

Maybe...but very few of us have 75k to spend on toys..my house cost half that..;)

Maybe...but very few of us have 75k to spend on toys..my house cost half that..;)

Sure neither do I !! Thats what banks are for :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,252 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

So with all the bitching people do about Bikeworld , remember they aren't the worst. The lads and ladies that work there are actual bikers, road racers and proper petrol heads. Other shops employ people with "sales" and banking backgrounds. They usually have a high staff turn over and read the blurb from the big motor company about the bikes they sell.

Any chance you're looking for a 34 year old son to adopt?

Sonics2k wrote: »
    Any chance you're looking for a 34 year old son to adopt?

That'd be slightly odd :o

HD and BMW bashing!

HD and BMW bashing!

Actually no, both brands are fantastic . BMW recently shipped my bike to Belfast free of charge to get Charles Hurst to fix it.

However their Dublin franchise is a pure joke and the same could be said for HD.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,090 ✭✭✭✭listermint

HD and BMW bashing!

Wrap em in high Viz, be grand we'll see them coming

What?! Come on, at least try and make it a funny one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,090 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Come on ,that was class

Rubbish, lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭cadete

Heading over to motorcycle live in November, first time going and fancy a new shoei helmet, are the final say sales really as good as everyone says? Helmet city doing a x-spirit 3 for £430 at the minute, will they be less than that at the event?

cadete wrote: »
    Heading over to motorcycle live in November, first time going and fancy a new shoei helmet, are the final say sales really as good as everyone says? Helmet city doing a x-spirit 3 for £430 at the minute, will they be less than that at the event?

Helmetcity only have it in XS or XL hence the discount, are you either of these sizes? You'll find it in your size at the show but anytime I go I have a couple of products I'm interested in and I see what I can get for the best price.

What?! Come on, at least try and make it a funny one.
    listermint wrote: »
    Come on ,that was class
    Rubbish, lol

Woooooosh, Am I missing something ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭cadete

Helmetcity only have it in XS or XL hence the discount, are you either of these sizes? You'll find it in your size at the show but anytime I go I have a couple of products I'm interested in and I see what I can get for the best price.

yea they have it in my size, its a good price at 430 but would be sick if it hits any lower, Fancy an Arai rx-7v or maybe an agv corsa r either but preference was the shoei

If it's a good saving now then go for it, just don't look at them when you get there.

HD and BMW bashing!

What's wrong with HD's......:)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭Emmersonn

Devil the bit wrong. There great for ploughing and muck spreading. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Cian_ok

Nothing. But their riders...

Advertisement