Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

General chat thread... Links, pictures, banter etc

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

Cian_ok wrote: »
    Nothing. But their riders...

dont-judge-me_o_1325901.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,958 ✭✭✭D3V!L

Cian_ok wrote: »
    Nothing. But their riders...

Thats a bit of a generalisation isn't it. Are you really saying peoples demeanour and attitude to other bikers is determined by the brand of bike they own?

What about their riders ?

D3V!L wrote: »
    Thats a bit of a generalisation isn't it ?

What about their riders ?

OH OH.........:eek:

OH OH.........:eek:

Oh yeah, I went there

*click* *click* ;)

800x-1.jpg

• Advertisement

800x-1.jpg

Thats a bit of an ironic picture. The same muppet is trying to kill HD and their ilk with trade sanctions.

D3V!L wrote: »
    Thats a bit of an ironic picture. The same muppet is trying to kill HD and their ilk with trade sanctions.

In that case...GO TRUMP.........:P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,252 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

Harleys, if ridden well and by good people can be extremely agile.

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭thos

Love those videos - but those sideboards act like stabilisers!

Just havin a laff....nothing against Harleys....one word tho...Indian....:p

• Advertisement

Just havin a laff....nothing against Harleys....one word tho...Indian....:p

Oh yeah I know, I just like looking for excuse to show off those videos. It's like a beautiful ballet

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭Emmersonn

Sonics2k wrote: »
    Harleys, if ridden well and by good people can be extremely agile.

and Before he "Retired"
    Motorcycle Cop Police Speed Bump Fail - YouTube

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭johnmolly92

Well lads, wondering if any of you can offer some advice (apologies in advance for the long post!)

A few months ago I came out of work to a flat battery on the SV650 (curvy). Off to Halfords and bought a wall charger to top the battery up and get me home. Left it charging all night and off I went the next day thinking nothing of it. A few days later the battery was flat again. So my solution was to just leave the battery charging each night instead of fixing the problem.

Been riding with the lights off during the Summer but now the first day I ride to and from work with them on its been enough to drain the battery completely. Was slowly filtering through traffic on the way home and the bike felt sluggish, when i stopped the thing died completely. It only had enough juice to turn over 2 or 3 times when I went to restart it, then nothing.

It seems like the rectifier on the curvy SV's are prone to go, Ive stuck a multimeter on the battery as the bikes idling and it reads 13.1v, hold it at 3k revs and it goes to 13.5v. Which kinda makes me think there may be something else wrong?

Im gonna take off the rectifier over the weekend and double check it with the multimeter. Anybody have any ideas if something else could causing the problem?

Cheers!

Honestly sounds like the rectifier is the problem there man.

I had a similar issue with the Deauville last year, ended up just getting lot replaced and a new battery put in. Been absolutely fine.

Initially thought I'd left the lights on overnight by mistake, but then it happened again a few days later after jump starting the bike (I know, I know).

Might sound obvious but how old is the battery..they can seem fine but some cells might be dead/dying causing it to loose charge quickly...

Might sound obvious but how old is the battery..they can seem fine but some cells might be dead/dying causing it to loose charge quickly...

I actually bought a new Yuasa battery the first time it died, so only a few months.

Problem is it was left sitting flat for a few weeks which has probably knackered it :(

Going to leave it sit for an hour or two now and measure the voltage to see if its gone. Will report back!

EDIT: battery is at 12.61v after sitting for an hour and a half, seems normal?

I actually bought a new Yuasa battery the first time it died, so only a few months.

Problem is it was left sitting flat for a few weeks which has probably knackered it :(

Going to leave it sit for an hour or two now and measure the voltage to see if its gone. Will report back!

Try get a loan of another battery and see what happens..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Try get a loan of another battery and see what happens..

Very unlikely to be a battery issue though.

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,453 ✭✭✭✭blade1

EDIT: battery is at 12.61v after sitting for an hour and a half, seems normal?

Just before you go changing rectifiers and stuff give a check around the starter solenoid/main fuse area for any overheated wiring.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,090 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Swapped out my rectifier on my DL650 recently it was obviously damaged when I took it out. Burnt windings.

• Advertisement

Esel wrote: »
    Very unlikely to be a battery issue though.

How so..?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭Esel

How so..?

New battery fitted. Problem still present.

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭zubair

13.5 is pretty much the minimum it should be, ideally it would be at 14+, what are you getting at 5k revs? Run it with the lights on when testing.

Was it in the rain you noticed the loss of power as it could be the front plug.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Try this flowchart:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,453 ✭✭✭✭blade1

listermint wrote: »
    Swapped out my rectifier on my DL650 recently it was obviously damaged when I took it out. Burnt windings.

Do you mean your stator?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,090 ✭✭✭✭listermint

blade1 wrote: »
    Do you mean your stator?

I actually meant both.

Stator goes because the rectifier is not able so that right mind swaps out both.which is what I did. Upgraded rectifier.

Cheers lads!

zubair wrote: »
    13.5 is pretty much the minimum it should be, ideally it would be at 14+, what are you getting at 5k revs? Run it with the lights on when testing.

Will test it again over the weekend and see.

zubair wrote: »
    Was it in the rain you noticed the loss of power as it could be the front plug.

Was a dry day when it died, so probably not the spark plug.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭IrishGrimReaper

Passed my test with flying colours lads, woohoo! The tester was a sound huer too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭zubair

Fair play fella!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭UrbanFret

Passed my test with flying colours lads, woohoo! The tester was a sound huer too.

Good man . Well done. :D

Advertisement