Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

General chat thread... Links, pictures, banter etc

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭IrishGrimReaper

Urban I'm betting that's you posting on that photo, I can't reply but yeah it's me. Took me a minute to figure out what the Grim Reaper was referring too I thought it was because of all the black. I've had this handle way too long!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭UrbanFret

Urban I'm betting that's you posting on that photo, I can't reply but yeah it's me. Took me a minute to figure out what the Grim Reaper was referring too I thought it was because of all the black. I've had this handle way too long!

You've got me there mate. Thats not my real name buts it the account I use on the rare occasions I use Facebook. Congrats again. Enjoy your biking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭ayux4rj6zql2ph

Guys could you clarify something for me please?

Just got my DL back from the repair shop to sort the broken oil cooler pipe, now I have a leak where the pipe is held on by the bolt to the oil cooler, the repair shop said to bring it back in tomorrow to sort it, my question is will I be expected to pay for that? I only got the bike back at 11.00, got home at 11.30 and seen the oil on the belly pan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,453 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Guys could you clarify something for me please?

Just got my DL back from the repair shop to sort the broken oil cooler pipe, now I have a leak where the pipe is held on by the bolt to the oil cooler, the repair shop said to bring it back in tomorrow to sort it, my question is will I be expected to pay for that? I only got the bike back at 11.00, got home at 11.30 and seen the oil on the belly pan.
    If they are any bit decent you shouldn't have to pay.

• Advertisement

Someone backed into my brother's R1 today.
    Broke mirror,sidestand and maybe more damage.
    The guy waited around and gave his insurance details and phone number.
    Said he'd rather pay cash if it's not too much but said it was up to my brother what way he wanted to go about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,428 ✭✭✭ZX7R

blade1 wrote: »
    Someone backed into my brother's R1 today.
    Broke mirror,sidestand and maybe more damage.
    The guy waited around and gave his insurance details and phone number.
    Said he'd rather pay cash if it's not too much but said it was up to my brother what way he wanted to go about it.

Same happened to me last year, swapped details priced everything myself and gave him the costs,he thought I was pulling his leg so he wanted to do it through insurance,he got a big shock when insurance said it would cost twice as much as I said

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭IrishGrimReaper

Tell your brother to go through his Insurance to avoid any hassle.

My oil cooler is corroded internally, there was no leak from it until the oil cooler pipe was replaced, i feel like i'm going to fcuking cry :(

My oil cooler is corroded internally, there was no leak from it until the oil cooler pipe was replaced, i feel like i'm going to fcuking cry :(

Balls.
    https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F132824421558

• Advertisement

Would a secondhand part be worth the risk? My bike is a UK import as is. I did think about asking the dealer where i bought it would they stand over it but i decided not to bother.

Would a secondhand part be worth the risk? My bike is a UK import as is. I did think about asking the dealer where i bought it would they stand over it but i decided not to bother.

I wonder could Lee Radiators do something with it?
    They did a great job on a rad that had a hole in it for me years ago.

I wonder could Lee Radiators do something with it?
    They did a great job on a rad that had a hole in it for me years ago.

Now that i didn't think about, might give them a call on Monday morning.

You might just have gotten me out of a deep financial hole there blade1 :D

Now that i didn't think about, might give them a call on Monday morning.

You might just have gotten me out of a deep financial hole there blade1 :D
    Just tell them you replaced the hose and now it's leaking.
    If they do look at it,let them make their own diagnosis.
    They will tell you the exact issue and how bad it is.

Just tell them you replaced the hose and now it's leaking.
    If they do look at it,let them make their own diagnosis.
    They will tell you the exact issue and how bad it is.

They repair all sorts of heavy haulage stuff including inter coolers, surely a bike would be child's play to them.

They repair all sorts of heavy haulage stuff including inter coolers, surely a bike would be child's play to them.
    It's over 20 years since they fixed mine so I wouldn't know if they'd be bothered with smaller jobs or not.
    I gave them a rusty old rad with a hole in it and I got back what looked like a brand new rad.
    Delighted with it and it only cost me £20.
    I'll never forget the price as I was shocked they only charged me that.
    They had a place near the cathedral back then,I don't know where they are now.

It's over 20 years since they fixed mine so I wouldn't know if they'd be bothered with smaller jobs or not.
    I gave them a rusty old rad with a hole in it and I got back what looked like a brand new rad.
    Delighted with it and it only cost me £20.
    I'll never forget the price as I was shocked they only charged me that.
    They had a place near the cathedral back then,I don't know where they are now.

North Cathedral or St Finbarre's Cathedral? There is a radiator place there alright that does number plates called Munster Radiator Services i think.

Did you take off the radiator yourself or hand in the entire bike?

North Cathedral or St Finbarre's Cathedral? There is a radiator place there alright that does number plates called Munster Radiator Services i think.

Did you take off the radiator yourself or hand in the entire bike?
    Took the rad off
    They were down here near St.Finbarre's but are gone with years.

3176p74.jpg

Took the rad off
    They were down here near St.Finbarre's but are gone with years.

3176p74.jpg

Tracked him down, his name is Martin, now based on Gilabbey Street, up next to the cathedral. Just had a look at my own, I’ll be able to get the rad off easily enough, just need to get 2 oil hose clamps. Buying a secondhand one on Tuesday from a breaker for €50 plus I’ll get my own reconditioned and keep it as a spare.

It was €560 to buy a brand new one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

Was going to gorey (from clare) tomorrow to buy a gsxr 750 but the seller sent me pics of damage from a fall and someone rightfully talked me out of buying, at best by the time it was 100% again I'd be able to buy a clean one.

Going on a spin tomorrow with a few lads i haven't been out with in ages and Monday I'm doing the A progression module

• Advertisement

Tracked him down, his name is Martin, now based on Gilabbey Street, up next to the cathedral. Just had a look at my own, I’ll be able to get the rad off easily enough, just need to get 2 oil hose clamps. Buying a secondhand one on Tuesday from a breaker for €50 plus I’ll get my own reconditioned and keep it as a spare.

It was €560 to buy a brand new one.

2 jubilee clips should do you for clamps.
    Make things easier down the line.

2 jubilee clips should do you for clamps.
    Make things easier down the line.

Thanks for that :)

Thanks for that :)

Where are the clamps you mean?

Where are the clamps you mean?

These fella's?

No washer on the leftone, it didn't leak.

2ufvu5x.jpg

New washer on the right side, it did leak, washer looks the right size though.
    260qupu.jpg

Handed in my oil cooler to a repair shop, there is corrosion on it :rolleyes:

These fella's?

No washer on the leftone, it didn't leak.

2ufvu5x.jpg

New washer on the right side, it did leak, washer looks the right size though.
    260qupu.jpg

Handed in my oil cooler to a repair shop, there is corrosion on it :rolleyes:

Those should be copper washers.

Those should be copper washers.

Could that be part of the problem? I take it any hardware store would have them?

Could that be part of the problem? I take it any hardware store would have them?
    Could be.
    Even copper ones can leak if they are not right.
    I personally would stick with the correct ones.

Just to be clear,each banjo should have 2 copper washers(one either side) and they are really meant to be used once.
    Reusing them can cause them to leak.

Could be.
    Even copper ones can leak if they are not right.
    I personally would stick with the correct ones.
    Just to be clear,each banjo should have 2 copper washers(one either side) and they are really meant to be used once.
    Reusing them can cause them to leak.

Are the new ones fitted useless? I have no idea what was there beforehand as the other side had no top washer, the bottom washer on the bolt is there, i just never checked what type it was yet. I'll be replacing them now anyway as they are off and possibly there since day 1 on the left side.

• Advertisement

Are the new ones fitted useless? I have no idea what was there beforehand as the other side had no top washer, the bottom washer on the bolt is there, i just never checked what type it was yet. I'll be replacing them now anyway as they are off and possibly there since day 1 on the left side.
    That looks like a normal washer to me(or is it??) so probably won't stop oil leaking out.
    They need to be crush washers.

Advertisement