Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

General chat thread... Links, pictures, banter etc

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭ayux4rj6zql2ph

blade1 wrote: »
    That looks like a normal washer to me(or is it??) so probably won't stop oil leaking out.
    They need to be crush washers.

It’s what I would consider to be a normal washer yes, no signs of it being crushed. Might head to Halfords for them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭IrishGrimReaper

Folks do any of you use Hand Wind shields? Going to order a set of Oxford Heated grips this week and wondering if I should get a set of Wind yokes also - the finger tips are getting cold. I use the bike sometimes for going home to Monaghan which is 2.5 hours ride from Galway.

Folks do any of you use Hand Wind shields? Going to order a set of Oxford Heated grips this week and wondering if I should get a set of Wind yokes also - the finger tips are getting cold. I use the bike sometimes for going home to Monaghan which is 2.5 hours ride from Galway.

As in handguards? Had a set of Oxford ones fitted to my bike last week, find them and the heated grips great

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 665 ✭✭✭mjsc1970

As in handguards? Had a set of Oxford ones fitted to my bike last week, find them and the heated grips great

We're talking about textile hand muffs as opposed to plastic hand guards?

If so, yes, put them on bike 10 years ago. Left them on all year round. Wouldn't do a winter without them to be honest and they keep your gloves dry too pretty much.

What are textile hand muffs? I was talking about the Handguards, I think I'll pick up a set from Aliexpress for 30$.

• Advertisement

So that's what those Deliveroo drivers always have :pac:

Think I'll stick with the normal handguards and heated grips should be more than enough for me.

Aliexpess handguards

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,090 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Don't bother with heated grips without getting handguards too.

They should go hand in hand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,958 ✭✭✭D3V!L

Myself and my missus were up with the nice guys in Charles Hurst Motorrad (Belfast) yesterday getting our bikes serviced.

It was about 3 or 4 hours of a wait so they gave us these two, a 2018 GS Adventure (which I already have) which my wife drove for the morning and now wants one and a brand new S1000RR which I drove.

The S1000RR is a f**king weapon !!! The one I was on was restricted to 8500rpm because it hasn't had its first service but by f**k its fast. Absolutely crippled my back though. I'm in bits today.

464407.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭zubair

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,011 ✭✭✭✭GBX

He slowed down/stopped or let them catch up ..

The ANPR system may have gotten the reg and the rider knew it. Either way he let them catch him.

The ANPR system may have gotten the reg and the rider knew it. Either way he let them catch him.

They have a policy of no pursuit for bikes so you're right. He had to have stopped.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Smith4

D3V!L wrote: »
    They have a policy of no pursuit for bikes so you're right. He had to have stopped.

Do they? I thought that was only in the UK. I'm sure I've seen an article of Garda chasing some fireblade for 100km until he ran out of petrol.

Smith4 wrote: »
    Do they? I thought that was only in the UK. I'm sure I've seen an article of Garda chasing some fireblade for 100km until he ran out of petrol.

Well thats what they quote when people ask about them stopping illegal scramblers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,453 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Smith4 wrote: »
    If after 100km you still haven't got away you've already failed long ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Smith4

If after 100km you still haven't got away you've already failed long ago.

Very true. Personally I wouldn't stop if I was doing some "accidental" over the speed limit riding as the consequences seem more severe than stopping. You are very likely to get banned for 2 years if you did some excessive speeding which you can achieve in 1st gear on a 1000cc sportbike. My tax disc also could have accidently slipped down, need to put it up.

My oil cooler is fcuked and can’t be repaired :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,252 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

My oil cooler is fcuked and can’t be repaired :rolleyes:

Jesus lad, is the DL650?

• Advertisement

Sonics2k wrote: »
    Jesus lad, is the DL650?

Yeah the DL650 indeed. Lee Radiators in the Marina tested it, rotted to fcuk and can't be fixed.

I've only done 1000 miles on that bike since i bought it.

€560 for a brand new one, i've sourced a used part in Dublin from a breaker so i hope that will work, if not i'll be shelling out for a new one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,011 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Your having no luck! Hope the replacement sorts it for ya.

Yeah the DL650 indeed. Lee Radiators in the Marina tested it, rotted to fcuk and can't be fixed.

I've only done 1000 miles on that bike since i bought it.

€560 for a brand new one, i've sourced a used part in Dublin from a breaker so i hope that will work, if not i'll be shelling out for a new one.
    The one you get should be ok.
    If not,get a refund and try another.
    I did think when I saw your bike posted here,that the corrosion was excessive in that area.
    At least the bike will be in better nick when you fit the new one.

GBX wrote: »
    Your having no luck! Hope the replacement sorts it for ya.

I go through these phases in life, loads of bad luck all at once then i get a good run of it, the new part comes with a 3 month guarantee so i'm happy with that.

I won't be going back to the dealer where i bought it that is for sure.

The one you get should be ok.
    If not,get a refund and try another.
    I did think when I saw your bike posted here,that the corrosion was excessive in that area.
    At least the bike will be in better nick when you fit the new one.

The lads who have worked on it said that those few bits aside it is a very clean bike, thankfully the area's that are corroded are easily replaced, to cap it off, i'm not someone who will ride it in the wet and i keep her dry stored, i will take that bike to the grave with me :pac:

I won't be going back to the dealer where i bought it that is for sure.

Would he not have a spare one left around that you could convince him to part with?

Also, these lads aren't a million miles away from you for anything you may need in the future.
    P&Ts Bike Parts

Raheens, Ringaskiddy, Co. Cork
    (021) 437 9827 https://g.co/kgs/P7UTa5

Would he not have a spare one left around that you could convince him to part with?

Also, these lads aren't a million miles away from you for anything you may need in the future.
    P&Ts Bike Parts

Raheens, Ringaskiddy, Co. Cork
    (021) 437 9827 https://g.co/kgs/P7UTa5

I asked them, they don't have one in stock and the only assistance they were offering me was names of places that can repair them.

Never knew about the place in Ringaskiddy, you are a gent blade1 :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 413 ✭✭LLewellen Farquarson

I asked them, they don't have one in stock and the only assistance they were offering me was names of places that can repair them.

Never knew about the place in Ringaskiddy, you are a gent blade1 :)

And I live around the corner from them if you're stuck to collect something. I work in the city if it's of help.

And I live around the corner from them if you're stuck to collect something. I work in the city if it's of help.

You are a legend Sir :D

I sincerely appreciate it :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,252 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

You are a legend Sir :D

I sincerely appreciate it :)

Your PM inbox is full lad

Edit: To say it here, I know the dealer you got the bike from and I'm bloody shocked by his attitude. I had an eye on a few bikes he was selling and I'll absolutely be avoiding him now.

Advertisement