Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General chat thread... Links, pictures, banter etc

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,570 ✭✭✭Skill Magill

Whens the next ride out? Got the tdm back, got the rings and valve seals done, mad money for internal engine parts, but its up and running, Joe (mechanic in Clondalkin)knows his shít, he told me what he reckoned was wrong with it, what parts to get, Robbie in megabikes ordered all the gaskets rings and seals, (all genuine yamy and all fitted perfectly), Joe fitted th))em and its not lost a drop of oil since. Sometimes things go right and people need to be thanked Cheers Joe and Robbie :

And ED :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

nerrad1983 wrote: »
    I had the same problem when i got the system for mine

I left it up to a lad called Gizmo in Citywest and he added a threaded bit so i could put the lambda sensor in it, first class job and a sound bloke aswell

Give Mick a shout for his number as iv lost it

Gizmo is a legend in the Exhaust business.....recommend him 110%.

Whens the next ride out? Got the tdm back, got the rings and valve seals done, mad money for internal engine parts, but its up and running, Joe (mechanic in Clondalkin)knows his shít, he told me what he reckoned was wrong with it, what parts to get, Robbie in megabikes ordered all the gaskets rings and seals, (all genuine yamy and all fitted perfectly), Joe fitted th))em and its not lost a drop of oil since. Sometimes things go right and people need to be thanked Cheers Joe and Robbie :

And ED :)

Few of us out tomorrow if ya fancy a rip Macker, nothing mental just a bit of brekkie maybe and a spin

I'd love to man, but I'm up to stuff tomorrow, do youse go out every Sunday?

I do be out 2 or 3 times a week but the big spins are usually on the Sunday.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭goodlad

Im really looking forward to getting out on a spin. Cant corner for ****e on the strom, haha!

Will hopefully be out next weekend.

Why not? Do you have decent tyres on it? I've got pilot 3s on the tdm and can get the knee down, Its not too dissimilar in shape to strom

goodlad wrote: »
    Im really looking forward to getting out on a spin. Cant corner for ****e on the strom, haha!

Will hopefully be out next weekend.

Ahhh yeah waiting for the Two Bro cans before you rare that ugly head......;)

Why not? Do you have decent tyres on it? I've got pilot 3s on the tdm and can get the knee down, Its not too dissimilar in shape to strom

Just the different seating position compared to the SV is taking some getting used to.

With the SV you gripped the tank with your legs and kinda hugged in a bit.

On the strom i feel like i'm tipping over... haha. Its just something i need to get used to.

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Ahhh yeah waiting for the Two Bro cans before you rare that ugly head......;)

Well currently it sounds like an Angry moped!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭blu3r0ri0n

blu3r0ri0n wrote: »

I would need fresh jocks if I went over that.

I would need fresh jocks if I went over that.

LOL, I get the bird off the ground every now and then, its only an inch or two but my heart still skips a beat and I crap myself, cant even imagine whats like to get air like that, probably would have a heart attack! :pac:

I still remember on a spin I went over a bridge on a country road that i wasn't expecting and had to stand up on the pegs. That was as close to a brown trouser moment as I want to get.

I still remember on a spin I went over a bridge on a country road that i wasn't expecting and had to stand up on the pegs. That was as close to a brown trouser moment as I want to get.

We have lookbehind you to thank for that, I think I know the one youre on about, was on the fazer at the time, first time bottomed the forks out and busted myself off the tank queue pain and a lot of it!

Picked up a DL650 seat from a breakers for €50.
    Just got it cleaned up. Tis in perfect condition and lets me get a foot down solid as its about 1 inch lower than the DL1000 seat :D

Picked up a DL650 seat from a breakers for €50.
    Just got it cleaned up. Tis in perfect condition and lets me get a foot down solid as its about 1 inch lower than the DL1000 seat :D

Jaysus dude slow down on the spending man....you dont have the thing a wet day. At this rate you could have bought a new one!

:p:p

Nah man, sure its grand! I have a budget of 1k to spend on tthe bike for stuff so it's getting spent.

Nah man, sure its grand! I have a budget of 1k to spend on tthe bike for stuff so it's getting spent.

LMAO, doesnt mean you have to spend it mate.......If I was you I would get a set of spots on her. That will make you safer and look good ;)

LMAO, doesnt mean you have to spend it mate.......If I was you I would get a set of spots on her. That will make you safer and look good ;)

Sure it does! Haha.
    Tbh most of the things I've installed are dead cheap. Only expense really so far is the exhausts. I've already been looking at spots. Givi do a halogen set for good money but I wanna go LED instead for the lower power draw.

http://www.givi.co.uk/motorbike-accessories/Accessories/S320%20%20-Led%20Projectors

The Halogen option and much cheaper is these:

http://www.bykebitz.co.uk/motorcycle-lighting/givi-spot-lights/givi-trekker-halogen-spot-lights.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,317 ✭✭✭✭blade1

If I was you I would get a set of spots on her. That will make you safer and look good ;)
    I've already been looking at spots.

You don't need to encourage the man Wonda,he's way ahead of you already..:pac:

She's looking well goodlad..;)

I was the same when I got my SV.
    I went mental and spent about 1500 quid on it. Sure 90% of the stuff wasn't needed but buying loads of stuff for my bike is something I love doing.

The price difference on the led spots is massive. Might just go with the halogen and use 35watt bulbs

EDIT: Found em cheap on amazon

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Givi-S310-Trekker-Spot-Lights/dp/B00EFX5TP4/ref=sr_1_2?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1406047449&sr=1-2&keywords=Givi+S310

My exhausts just got to Ireland!! :D:D:D

oooooooo the excitement!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

My exhausts just got to Ireland!! :D:D:D

oooooooo the excitement!

Goodlad If I ever buy a new bike im coming to you to kit it out:)

Speaking of which I seen my dream bike in the flesh today. The Honda NC750x. Wouldnt be everyone cup of tea but I like it & it has amazing MPG.

I was the same when I got my SV.
    I went mental and spent about 1500 quid on it. Sure 90% of the stuff wasn't needed but buying loads of stuff for my bike is something I love doing.

The price difference on the led spots is massive. Might just go with the halogen and use 35watt bulbs

EDIT: Found em cheap on amazon

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Givi-S310-Trekker-Spot-Lights/dp/B00EFX5TP4/ref=sr_1_2?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1406047449&sr=1-2&keywords=Givi+S310

You have the crash bars already so mounting them is a piece of cake.....

• Registered Users Posts: 14,281 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Zascar wrote: »

Would l love to try it. But doubt I'd ever spend the money on it! I've pretty much given up on my mirrors and constantly just do the over the shoulder look, so the rear camera would be good. Wonder if it covers blind spots? I always have that fear that when I blip the throttle that a police car is behind me!
    Don't think music would interest me, or the gps. You'd need a proper gps anyway to interface with to program/recalculate route/divert etc. Handy having the speedo there so you don't have to glance down.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,281 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

4QYenFE.gif

• Advertisement

Got my Two Brothers Exhausts today :D
    They are fooking delish! I dropped them and the bike into my local lad and he is fitting them tomorrow for me.

I will deffo be disappearing from work as soon as its ready to collect!

Advertisement