Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General chat thread... Links, pictures, banter etc

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

goodlad wrote: »
    Got my Two Brothers Exhausts today :D
    They are fooking delish! I dropped them and the bike into my local lad and he is fitting them tomorrow for me.

I will deffo be disappearing from work as soon as its ready to collect!

Youtube video with sound most haste ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,317 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Got my Two Brothers Exhausts today :D
    They are fooking delish! I dropped them and the bike into my local lad and he is fitting them tomorrow for me.

I will deffo be disappearing from work as soon as its ready to collect!

Phew!!!
    Got a fright there for a sec!:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,281 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Youtube video with sound most haste ;)
    I tried it with my termi's, it's hard to capture the sound right
    blade1 wrote: »
    Phew!!!
    Got a fright there for a sec!:pac:

Thought the exact same!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,570 ✭✭✭Skill Magill

Possibly needs another ride out!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭goodlad

Possibly needs another ride out!

Gonna head on the blood bikes charity run on Sunday. Should be a good day out.

Oh! My MRA tinted screen just got delivered :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Gonna head on the blood bikes charity run on Sunday. Should be a good day out.

Oh! My MRA tinted screen just got delivered :D

Goodlad,

I am afraid you are losing your identity with this bike with all the extras, please just promise me you will never change!

:pac::pac:

Christ thats loud. Screw the neighbours:D Love the bauble sound off them:)

When lads get new exhausts fitted, What do yiz do with the old one?? Keep it or sell it??

When lads get new exhausts fitted, What do yiz do with the old one?? Keep it or sell it??

Its no louder than the ART exhausts my SV had but its a much deeper sound.

I'm keeping my standard exhausts to slap back on should i ever go on a European trip.

I keep them, telling myself,they will come in handy someday!
    Then I store them away with the mountain of other stuff that will come in handy some day!!:pac::pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

Speed Triple imminent !! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,281 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

KTRIC wrote: »
    Speed Triple imminent !! :D

Ah here, we need a special thread, "KTRIC's latest bike"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,570 ✭✭✭Skill Magill

Just realised Ive been posting in the gardening forum, no thanks to zaskar :) Will be buying an sds drill to sort a few things ground anchor related.
    Heres the original Z's gardening thread http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057157297

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭blu3r0ri0n

Raging here, was out for spin, stopped off to get a drink from a shop, was only in there for five minutes. Came out of the shop and there is a massive dent on the left side of the petrol tank, no scratches or cracks in the paint just a big ass god damn dent!!!! Definitely wasn't there when I went in to the shop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

blu3r0ri0n wrote: »
    Raging here, was out for spin, stopped off to get a drink from a shop, was only in there for five minutes. Came out of the shop and there is a massive dent on the left side of the petrol tank, no scratches or cracks in the paint just a big ass god damn dent!!!! Definitely wasn't there when I went in to the shop.

Someone hit it with something hard ?? What bike is it ?

A dent as in some yob gave it a belt with something? Or was it knocked over and stood back up? Any cctv in the location?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,284 ✭✭✭Bikerguy

KTRIC wrote: »
    Someone hit it with something hard ?? What bike is it ?
    its cbr1100xx blackbird.. lovely silver baby...

sorry to hear that blue... ****ers all around...

4 days a go someone went over my car with key... all side from the front headlight up untill the boot.. muppets.... no reason for that... just pure disgrace...

Just ordered a bagster tank cover, LOL, should be here monday!

I'm pretty sure someone hit it with something no other damage, I doubt it they would be able to pick it up without help unless they knew how to, its a heavy bike 255kg with a full tank, no CCTV or witnesses, whatever they hit it with wasn't hard as there is no marks. if I didn't know any better I would say they punched it or hammed down with their fist. ****ers, full of scum bags around.

I'm pretty sure someone hit it with something no other damage, I doubt it they would be able to pick it up without help unless they knew how to, its a heavy bike 255kg with a full tank, no CCTV or witnesses, whatever they hit it with wasn't hard as there is no marks. if I didn't know any better I would say they punched it or hammed down with their fist. ****ers, full of scum bags around.

blue i dont wanna sound crazy... but could you be so kind and upload the pic of the damage....

Bikerguy wrote: »
    blue i dont wanna sound crazy... but could you be so kind and upload the pic of the damage....
    LOL you read my mind, I just came back from taking it when I saw your post

14557460838_f00dcee010_b.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,339 ✭✭✭prunudo

That's a load of ****, were there any young lads throwing a football or Hurley around?

LOL you read my mind, I just came back from taking it when I saw your post

14557460838_f00dcee010_b.jpg

wtf... kick would knock the bike over.... thats not a fall and handlebars would protect that tank... sorry but maybe a heat? it may be possible.. you stopped.. the engine gets extremly hot and maybe blow the metal... its just a theory in my mind... the bike may have been knocked before and the tank stretched.. and repainted.... again its just sci-fi theory of mine/.... in that case extreme heat may bend the tank again.

wtf... kick would knock the bike over.... thats not a fall and handlebars would protect that tank... sorry but maybe a heat? it may be possible.. you stopped.. the engine gets extremly hot and maybe blow the metal... its just and theory in my mind

Yep, definitely not a fall, plus its on the side of the sidestand if it was the other side fair enough. I doubt that its the heat , birds run hot anyway and today was no different than any other day. Never heard of a bird getting a dent in the tank due to heat.

Almost like someone gave it a knee:confused: No visable marks or scratches from a metal object striking it. Sorry blu

Yep, definitely not a fall, plus its on the side of the sidestand if it was the other side fair enough. I doubt that its the heat , birds run hot anyway and today was no different than any other day. Never heard of a bird getting a dent in the tank due to heat.

yeh i never heard that as well... it was just an shot in the air... but how can you do so much damage without touching the colour...

if there was a dent before--- applying heat you can stretch the tank back to normal.. aplying heat again without any force may pop the tank to previous "dented state"....

yeh i never heard that as well... it was just an shot in the air... but how can you do so much damage without touching the colour...

That's why I think someone either hammered sideways with their fist or punched it, no other explanation.

tempted to give one of these a try, what do you think?
    J1930_1.jpg
    351081735098?pt=UK_Hand_Tools_Equipment&hash=item51be1a23ba

or...

$(KGrHqN,!nUFHTMLyk2DBR67W4GKH!~~60_12.JPG

never did that.... well... maybe a leather cover as you mentioned... but looking at the prices.. they aint cheap...

how much is the stretching kit... its worth a go..if its not expensive...

never did that.... well... maybe a leather cover as you mentioned... but looking at the prices.. they aint cheap...

how much is the stretching kit... its worth a go..if its not expensive...

It's only a tenner, been meaning to get a bagster thank anyway and since I stopped smoking...again, have some spare so while I was crying I went and bought one off ebay, the mrs. didn't have the heart to object!

It's only a tenner, been meaning to get a bagster thank anyway and since I stopped smoking...again, have some spare so while I was crying I went and bought one off ebay, the mrs. didn't have the heart to object!

get the kit and let us know ho did it go... meanwhile... sorry for your tank ... :(

• Advertisement

That's why I think someone either hammered sideways with their fist or punched it, no other explanation.

tempted to give one of these a try, what do you think?
    J1930_1.jpg
    351081735098?pt=UK_Hand_Tools_Equipment&hash=item51be1a23ba

or...

$(KGrHqN,!nUFHTMLyk2DBR67W4GKH!~~60_12.JPG

Not sure if I'd bother with Am-tech stuff!
    But that looks like it would come out easy enough!

Advertisement