Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

General chat thread... Links, pictures, banter etc

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,090 ✭✭✭✭listermint

These alarms are a waste of time, The drain batteries and cause all sorts of problems if hooked up to the ignition.

Whats the purpose of the alarm ? is it to notify you about someone messing with it then just get a XENA Disk Alarm, and also buy a nice big Almax chain and plant it into the ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Blanchy90

listermint wrote: »
    These alarms are a waste of time, The drain batteries and cause all sorts of problems if hooked up to the ignition.

Whats the purpose of the alarm ? is it to notify you about someone messing with it then just get a XENA Disk Alarm, and also buy a nice big Almax chain and plant it into the ground.

I've a big artago lock and chain so its an extra deterrent I need

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭IJS84

''They weren't daring enough to climb the wall

Do Swanton's supply them or just fit?'''

He can supply them aswell, he may not keep some socked, best to go and have a chat with him anyway and see what works best.

listermint wrote: »

The alarm has paid for itself in less than 12 hours..... The scumbags were back last night and the alarm scared them off

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,011 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Im sure you will, but keep a watch over it in case they come back.

• Advertisement

GBX wrote: »
    Im sure you will, but keep a watch over it in case they come back.

Definitely I've cameras set up watching too

Any one of a fella selling bikes near Charleville, Co. Cork. Ive heard of a guy in that area that does sales but I cant find out where he is exactly. Thinking of taking a trip and see what he has after I move on the dragstar

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭ayux4rj6zql2ph

IJS84 wrote: »
    Any one of a fella selling bikes near Charleville, Co. Cork. Ive heard of a guy in that area that does sales but I cant find out where he is exactly. Thinking of taking a trip and see what he has after I move on the dragstar

I vaguely remember seeing some bikes on the main street on the Limerick end of the town, whether he was a dealer or not i'm unsure but it was a while back. The only other North Cork dealer i'm aware of is Andrew Hourigan in Newmarket who seems very overpriced.

Ya hourigans in Newmarket are a bit pricey for me tbh. I only ever heard of the guy near charleville in passing but Ive never seen the place myself. Last I heard he was supposed to be grand to deal with

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,760 ✭✭✭horse7

silly driver in clonsilla

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

horse7 wrote: »
    silly driver in clonsilla

Confused.com.....what are we looking at...?

Confused.com.....what are we looking at...?

Confused myself, but my understanding of it is the poster is basically saying that the Jaguar pulled out in front of him on his bike while proceeding straight on

thanks,its doing that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭zubair

Not sure what benefit a still image of this is. Could you not upload the video so we can give out about them or tell you all the things you did wrong haha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭The Tetrarch

I have this on order
    The BMW Motorcycle Story by Ian Falloon (Author) - second edition Hardcover – release date 10 May 2019
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/1787113582/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    Delivered today.
    It is a beautiful book, 281 pages incl index, hundreds of high quality photographs, probably one or more photographs of every BMW motorcycle model.

Typical BMW owner...think they own the place....:rolleyes::P

Typical BMW owner...think they own the place....:rolleyes::P

Lovely looking bike,ps what's the max for uploading a picture on boards ,I thought it was 1 MB.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭The Tetrarch

I am confused.
    I post a comment about a book about BMW motorcycles and my post is followed by a post showing a BMW motorcycle parked in what I assume is a restricted space (can't tell from the photo).
    Is there a connection?

I am confused.
    I post a comment about a book about BMW motorcycles and my post is followed by a post showing a BMW motorcycle parked in what I assume is a restricted space (can't tell from the photo).
    Is there a connection?

Welcome to Boards.ie, the land where confusion reigns and normality is merely a past time.

Al jokes aside, i don't see your post being directly quoted, rather the poster was mentioning a BMW motorcycle parking in a parent and child parking space, this appears unrelated to you.

Is there an age restriction on pillions?

• Advertisement

Rules of the road just say once they can comfortably reach the pillion pegs and are wearing the proper gear.
    Each to their own, Im only putting my son behind me the last few years (started at 14) but friends of mine put their kids on the back and their like 8 or 9, I wouldnt have done it at that age, like I said each to their own

IJS84 wrote: »
    Rules of the road just say once they can comfortably reach the pillion pegs and are wearing the proper gear.
    Each to their own, Im only putting my son behind me the last few years (started at 14) but friends of mine put their kids on the back and their like 8 or 9, I wouldnt have done it at that age, like I said each to their own

God be with the days my dad used to stick me on the petrol tank for a spin around the estate

we were always told we couldnt have bikes lol
    Mainly coz the ol fella kept crashing his in the 70s

Guess I showed them and on it everyday now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,453 ✭✭✭✭blade1

A Denali soundbomb mini just arrived for my ZZR.
    IMG-20190521-173000.jpg

And it's not working :mad:

Is it through a relay...theres a big coil in those ..it might be arching at the horn switch.....also try the adjusting screw..mark it first...

Is it through a relay...theres a big coil in those ..it might be arching at the horn switch.....also try the adjusting screw..mark it first...

No need for a relay on this Max.
    It's just plug and play.
    Tried the screw,no joy.
    It also looks like someone was trying to fit it already as there is marks on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭thos

blade1 wrote: »
    No need for a relay on this Max.
    It's just plug and play.
    Tried the screw,no joy.
    It also looks like someone was trying to fit it already as there is marks on it.
    Have you tried it with the engine running?

Mine wouldn't work without engine running, couldn't draw enough power initially. It loosened up after a while, but nearly caught me out testing it at first.

• Advertisement

thos wrote: »
    Have you tried it with the engine running?

Mine wouldn't work without engine running, couldn't draw enough power initially. It loosened up after a while, but nearly caught me out testing it at first.

I have thos.
    I've also tried it on another bike.

Advertisement