Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

General chat thread... Links, pictures, banter etc

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Cian_ok wrote: »
    Probably me :-)

Now we want to meet Cian.... But only because you've a Himalayan :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,252 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

Anyone heading down to Killarney Bikefest this year?

I've the weekend off and was really planning on going, but suddenly hit by the "It's my first god damn weekend of peace in 3 months I'll stay in bed" bug.

I'll probably still end up going though :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,252 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

yy2fMNQ.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,741 ✭✭✭honda boi

Stuff from sportsbikeshop arrived this afternoon.
    Very quick delivery.
    Ordered near midnight on Monday.

Anyone have there kids as pillion?
    What age do yous suggest would be ok?
    I read somewhere as long as there feet touch the foot pegs they'd be fine.
    Eldest is 6 and would love to get on the back.
    And also where to get kids gear? Sportsbikeshop has a very limited range from having a quick glance .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

honda boi wrote: »
    Stuff from sportsbikeshop arrived this afternoon.
    Very quick delivery.
    Ordered near midnight on Monday.

Anyone have there kids as pillion?
    What age do yous suggest would be ok?
    I read somewhere as long as there feet touch the foot pegs they'd be fine.
    Eldest is 6 and would love to get on the back.
    And also where to get kids gear? Sportsbikeshop has a very limited range from having a quick glance .

My two were riding a Pw80 from 6 but I didn’t bring mine on the back till they were 12 that way they have a better understanding of what is expected of them as pillion riders. Louis has a decent selection of kids gear which is not too expensive, they will grow out of it pretty quickly, helmets last longer as their heads grow slower than their bodies.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 2,957 Mod ✭✭✭✭macplaxton

I've a 6½ year-old and a 8 year-old. They've not gone pillion yet though they are good for reaching the pegs (mind you, nor has the Mrs, ever)

The only problem I'd have with it is the arguing about over whose turn it was. I'd rather get a chair and just throw them both in at the same time tbh to avoid that brotherly bickering. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,453 ✭✭✭✭blade1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,958 ✭✭✭D3V!L

Just got my bike back out of storage where it's been for 2 long months !!

Finally took it to my new house and introduced it to it's forever home :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭ayux4rj6zql2ph

Anyone living on the southside of Cork City lock your bikes down, my place was broken into for the second time in a few short months, locks and chains cut but never got the bikes.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭IJS84

Anyone living on the southside of Cork City lock your bikes down, my place was broken into for the second time in a few short months, locks and chains cut but never got the bikes.

What area ish of the southside? ****ing scum deserve an old skool lesson with a bucket, rat and blow torch 😉

I've chains, lockes and added bonus of the German shepherd variety but no longer live in the city, was living ballyphehane

Thankfully they didn't get ur bike(s) but still the **** that goes along with just knowing they were there, and the will be back no doubt

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭ayux4rj6zql2ph

IJS84 wrote: »
    What area ish of the southside? ****ing scum deserve an old skool lesson with a bucket, rat and blow torch 😉

I've chains, lockes and added bonus of the German shepherd variety but no longer live in the city, was living ballyphehane

Thankfully they didn't get ur bike(s) but still the **** that goes along with just knowing they were there, and the will be back no doubt

I'm in Togher, well some of the neighbours here call it Wilton but officially it's Togher.

Bucket,rat & blowtorch? Were you watching 2 fast 2 furious while typing :pac::pac::pac:

The German Shepherd alone would be a reasonably good deterrent, time to invest in something similar at this stage, it's the second time this has been tried, but the first time the locks were cut, last time was just checking the place out i'd say.

Ballyphehane seems like an ok area? mostly elderly/working class? everywhere has a hot spot for anti social behaviour of course.

If round 3 happens i'll be waiting, the times they've struck have been similar, first time was 3am, this time it was 2.15, they were disturbed by the next door neighbour coming in from work. disc lock alarm and a solid chain this time around, that oxford stuff is hopeless.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭UrbanFret

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,615 ✭✭✭prunudo

Good news from the TT

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-sport/emotional-johnston-claims-maiden-tt-victory/

Not taking away from the death of a rider but why does it take the death of a road racer for a TT related story to make the news. RIP Daley

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    My new helmet arrived this morning. Cant seem to attach photos in here at the moment.

Send it to me and I'll put it up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭zubair

Jesus, did you buy it in the dark!

I joke, it's awesome, what's the colour scheme called?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,090 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Well at least you won't be missed ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭emo72

I have no idea :pac: While I love black helmets as much as the next guy (my racing lid is matt black) I think being as visible on the bike as possible is a good idea. I was going to go for another style but that one was at such a good price I couldnt resist!

Drudi? Doesn't he design all the Rossi helmets? Which in fairness those designs are brilliant.

http://rossihelmets.com/aldo-drudi/

I have no idea :pac: While I love black helmets as much as the next guy (my racing lid is matt black) I think being as visible on the bike as possible is a good idea. I was going to go for another style but that one was at such a good price I couldnt resist!

Absolutely, this is a great high viz alternative.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Its the AGV Rossi Misano Helmet...the name is on the lower right hand side of the helmet.

I think its beauty too, love it.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭Emmersonn

Another Helmet
    B-Helmet-c.jpg

Another 4 helmets :)

yfnt1.jpg

Arai much?

While I love black helmets as much as the next guy

I'm gutted I missed an opportunity here.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 2,957 Mod ✭✭✭✭macplaxton

Emmersonn wrote: »
    Another Helmet
    blade1 wrote: »
    Another 4 helmets :)

Another two helmets and a Helmut.

image-637891-galleryV9-mffe-637891.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

Is that Donald......i say that because the helmet wont fit because of the hair..:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,428 ✭✭✭ZX7R

Bmw k1 ,so ugly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,090 ✭✭✭✭listermint

ZX7R wrote: »
    Bmw k1 ,so ugly

There's a cafe racer under that :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,741 ✭✭✭honda boi

Have an issue with a jacket and trousers from sportsbikeshop.co.uk.
    They've said to send it back and they'll pay for the return postage.
    Just wondering if I should just send it with registered post with an post(cant see it being cheap ) or somewhere else?

• Advertisement

Definitely go with registered with whoever you go with.

Advertisement