Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

General chat thread... Links, pictures, banter etc

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭zubair

Emmersonn wrote: »

Lol, fine, well you can't wheelie a luas then!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,252 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

zubair wrote: »
    Lol, fine, well you can't wheelie a luas then!

Can't wheelie a Luas yet!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,958 ✭✭✭D3V!L

Sonics2k wrote: »

It's been tried on many an occasion

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

I bet there's a little prick in Finglas or Tallaght who'd give it a damn good try, before burning it out :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭zubair

tumblr_inline_nu9xtmx20e1qafrh6_500.gif

• Advertisement

I love my Dragstar. I absolutely love riding it in all weathers. I've never had a bad journey on it.

But why is it, every single day I find myself looking at Harley Davidson's and desperately working out away to survive the crippling debt buying one would entail.

Just get a bigger Yamaha. The XV1600 or 1700 will be way better than any Harley. I had an XV1600 before and as cruisers go it was pretty good. Never let me down. A relative of mine and many of his friends have Harleys and they will break your heart and your bank balance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,741 ✭✭✭honda boi

I've got 2 old helmets here.
    Where can I get rid of them?
    I could chuck them in the bin but do the ambulance/fire brigade take them to practice on?

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Blanchy90

honda boi wrote: »
    I've got 2 old helmets here.
    Where can I get rid of them?
    I could chuck them in the bin but do the ambulance/fire brigade take them to practice on?

I think the fire brigade will take them

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭IJS84

or a local St Johns ambulance/Civil Defence group will take them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,760 ✭✭✭horse7

About paddock stands, are they necessary if you have a main stand for most maintenance jobs? The only thing I can think of is if the bike is not in use for a long period,they would be useful. Any ideas?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

horse7 wrote: »
    About paddock stands, are they necessary if you have a main stand for most maintenance jobs? The only thing I can think of is if the bike is not in use for a long period,they would be useful. Any ideas?

If you have a main stand then I wouldn't bother with the expense or space requirement of having paddock stands.

But if you're going to remove the front wheel then they're handy, but we generally don't do anything which requires removing the front wheel anymore.

Plus there's a nack to putting the bike up on the paddock stands, unless you're doing it all the time you're going to require another set of helping hands..

Thanks,I don't have much storage space.

Weather lately is causing absolute havoc with commuting. Do I wear full waterproof gear? Will I be a big ball of sweaty bollocks from the heat? Will I get absolutely soaked? Will it actually turn out to be a very pleasant drive to work?

Thankfully today turned out to be a very nice ride to work and surprisingly little traffic thanks to a slightly later shift.

You have the makings for an ed sheeren song there.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭IJS84

Was thinking the same this morning with the traffic. Very light compared to most mornings, thankfully. I did put on the waterproofs and was roasted when I got to work.....it still looked at little dodgy with the clouds about

horse7 wrote: »
    You have the makings for an ed sheeren song there.

There's no need to be mean :D
    IJS84 wrote: »
    Was thinking the same this morning with the traffic. Very light compared to most mornings, thankfully. I did put on the waterproofs and was roasted when I got to work.....it still looked at little dodgy with the clouds about

Actually, are the school holidays on now? Could that be it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,486 ✭✭✭The Davestator

Recently got an old little 49 cc job for commuting.

Quick question, how long approximately do I have left once the petrol light comes on? Doesn't say in the manual.

07 Peugeot in case that makes a difference.

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

how long approximately do I have left once the petrol light comes on? Doesn't say in the manual.

How long is a piece of string? It depends on how gently you are riding it and lots of other factors. You could strap a couple of litres of juice in a suitable can to the carrier and run it dry - keep track of the mileage and then you'll know.

I've usually used 30kms as a guide but all bikes vary and you are better off filling it and keeping it filled than risking running out!!

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭thos

Hand signals vs cyclists.
    I'm starting to enjoy it. It's multi-faceted.
    You get to keep safe by ensuring these other road users are aware of your intended action.
    You get to teach and demonstrate this novel technique.
    You get the buzz of anticipation wondering are they going to clothes-line themselves.

Left hand turns in the city have never been so much fun.

Thought this was a very good video, and I enjoy Shadetree anyway thanks to his parody of the American Biker.

I'd have to agree that a lot of people seem almost afraid to admit that a movie was one of the reasons they became interested in bikes.

For me, the scene from Terminator 2 and Rocky Horror Picture show were the big, big reasons I fell in love with bikes when I was just a kid. Arnie on that Fatboy was a sight to be seen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,121 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

Test drove a Triumph Bonneville Bobber today and I now know what my next big debt is going to be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,121 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

Had a horrible moment a few days ago. On the M50, in the overtaking lane and making good progress, I go to pull back into the driving lane and as I do my lifesaver, some twat zooms past me undertaking on my left side a few inches away from me in my lane.

If I HADN'T looked, I'd have pulled straight into his path and likely killed us both.

Sake.

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭thos

Had a horrible moment a few days ago. On the M50, in the overtaking lane and making good progress, I go to pull back into the driving lane and as I do my lifesaver, some twat zooms past me undertaking on my left side a few inches away from me in my lane.

If I HADN'T looked, I'd have pulled straight into his path and likely killed us both.

Sake.
    Another biker undertook you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

Sake.

But you didnt or you would have saw him.....just sayin..:o

Sorry guys, can I just get some thoughts on this. Was giving the bike a quick polish a little while ago and found an awful lot of what seems like oil/grease at the front. Honestly don't remember this happening before or seeing it.

I should add, the bike does seem to be riding just fine.

9gCMnQhl.jpg
    8mXygBPl.jpg
    BI7CM8ul.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭Blondie919

Sorry guys, can I just get some thoughts on this. Was giving the bike a quick polish a little while ago and found an awful lot of what seems like oil/grease at the front. Honestly don't remember this happening before or seeing it.

I should add, the bike does seem to be riding just fine.

9gCMnQhl.jpg
    8mXygBPl.jpg
    BI7CM8ul.jpg

Could be an oil cooler leak?

• Advertisement

Blondie919 wrote: »
    Could be an oil cooler leak?

Ugh, I have a bad feeling you may be right. Either a cheap and quick fix or a total pain in the ass.

Advertisement