Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

General chat thread... Links, pictures, banter etc

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,760 ✭✭✭horse7

honda boi wrote: »
    Seems I'm still logged in.
    What workshop item you wanted to view?

Thanks,got a pm from a helpful soul , with the info.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,958 ✭✭✭D3V!L

I bought a bike in Norn Iron at the weekend and decided not to keep it. Too fast, too cramped and couldn't be bothered :D

A nice chap in the south of England wants to buy it off me and we're closing the sale today hopefully. I have a question about the docs. I got the V5 with it, do I just pass it on to him and let him worry about it registering it ? I didn't register it here yet at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭zubair

thos wrote: »
    Spotted a Nikon on the M50 today, mad looking on the go.

Ah deadly, haven't seen a Niken on the road yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

D3V!L wrote: »
    I bought a bike in Norn Iron at the weekend and decided not to keep it. Too fast, too cramped and couldn't be bothered :D

A nice chap in the south of England wants to buy it off me and we're closing the sale today hopefully. I have a question about the docs. I got the V5 with it, do I just pass it on to him and let him worry about it registering it ? I didn't register it here yet at all.

Yeah V5 to new seller, if you haven't imported it it will just be a Uk-Uk transfer.
    Did you get the whole V5 or has the previous owner sent part of it in to the DVLNI?

CJhaughey wrote: »
    Yeah V5 to new seller, if you haven't imported it it will just be a Uk-Uk transfer.
    Did you get the whole V5 or has the previous owner sent part of it in to the DVLNI?

It was a shop I bought it from. They took a small section of the V5 , I'm not sure what it was.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,089 ✭✭✭✭listermint

You were warned about the seat and seating position :D

Heed the advice :p

listermint wrote: »
    You were warned about the seat and seating position :D

Heed the advice :p

I dont take advice from randomers on the internet.

Oh wait.......

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,453 ✭✭✭✭blade1

It was a shop I bought it from. They took a small section of the V5 , I'm not sure what it was.
    They probably kept the blue section which they didn't need to do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,011 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Changing the clutch cable on my FZ1. The old one is clamped in place by 2 lock nuts. One of them being a right pain as its awkwardly located inside the frame. If I need to take the tank off for better access will petrol piss out from all the hoses or just a small amount because of air lock? Id rather get away without taking the tank away but the one small nut is a bastard and I may just go ahead and remove it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,453 ✭✭✭✭blade1

GBX wrote: »
    Changing the clutch cable on my FZ1. The old one is clamped in place by 2 lock nuts. One of them being a right pain as its awkwardly located inside the frame. If I need to take the tank off for better access will petrol piss out from all the hoses or just a small amount because of air lock? Id rather get away without taking the tank away but the one small nut is a bastard and I may just go ahead and remove it.

Maybe no need to disconnect it.
    Can you get at it by just raising the tank a bit?

• Advertisement

blade1 wrote: »
    Maybe no need to disconnect it.
    Can you get at it by just raising the tank a bit?

I had the tank propped up without disconnecting its one the one bolt that's awkward. I'd rather not take the tank off. I'll persist with it and see how I go. Just curious as I dont want to spill petrol all over the garden path if I did disconnect. Her indoors wouldnt be best pleased :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭PCeeeee

Finally picked up my first bike today. Just rode her home. In the rain :pac:, slowly :pac:

A world of thanks to all ye who answered my many many questions on here the last few months. I had PM's also from some kind souls, thanks especially.

I do apreciate it lads and girls.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,741 ✭✭✭honda boi

PCeeeee wrote: »
    Finally picked up my first bike today. Just rode her home. In the rain :pac:, slowly :pac:

A world of thanks to all ye who answered my many many questions on here the last few months. I had PM's also from some kind souls, thanks especially.

I do apreciate it lads and girls.
    What ya get??

09 Versys

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

09 Versys

650 or 1000?

Both cracking bikes either way so I'm just curious

650 or 1000?

Both cracking bikes either way so I'm just curious

650. Went for a spin today. Got petrol. Entertained a young fella whose mother came over and asked so nicely could he look at the bike. He said motorbike 3 times and little else🀣

A good day

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07DGFYXTY/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_.byuDbBN3HMKW
    Are these worth the price?
    Was looking at getting one years ago but didn't.

Got the clutch cable replaced over the weekend on the FZ1. The difference is huge. Over time the older one was quite hard to use. Very light change now in comparison.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

650. Went for a spin today. Got petrol. Entertained a young fella whose mother came over and asked so nicely could he look at the bike. He said motorbike 3 times and little else��

A good day

Excellent, we just bought a few in work. They're a brilliant bike, best of luck with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭boredatwork82

How do people think a no deal Brexit will impact bike prices in Ireland ?

In my opinion it will drive prices of second hand bikes sky high as the supply will dry up. A lot of dealers and individuals bring bikes into the country from the UK. I know my current bike was imported by the dealer.

So if one was considering buying a new (secondhand) bike over the next year or two would the best option be to buy something now, and even if it's earlier than planned. Just curious on people's opinions?

Also to add the current sterling FX rate makes a UK purchase even more attractive at present if one was to choose this route over an Irish bike.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭Cork Trucker

How do people think a no deal Brexit will impact bike prices in Ireland ?

In my opinion it will drive prices of second hand bikes sky high as the supply will dry up. A lot of dealers and individuals bring bikes into the country from the UK. I know my current bike was imported by the dealer.

So if one was considering buying a new (secondhand) bike over the next year or two would the best option be to buy something now, and even if it's earlier than planned. Just curious on people's opinions?

Also to add the current sterling FX rate makes a UK purchase even more attractive at present if one was to choose this route over an Irish bike.

I reckon it will drive prices up also as any imports post Brexit will incur Vat i understand? It would be like buying/importing from the US with the extra charges? My own bike is originally UK also and i might look for a Goldwing before Brexit kicks in. Any purchases should ideally be made in advance of October 31st as Boris Johnson seems intent on getting this over the line one way or another.

Not so bad for bikes, the UK isn't the only place with motorcycles in the EU, we have the advantage that bikes are not LHD or RHD apart from the headlight in some cases.
    Germany, Holland and all of Europe have plenty of bikes for sale, have a look at Mobile.de for some examples.

Imports from the UK will slow and from mainland EU will increase. It'll take a while for the trend to switch but plenty of good deals in say Germany. Lads flying over and riding them home.

GBX wrote: »
    Imports from the UK will slow and from mainland EU will increase. It'll take a while for the trend to switch but plenty of good deals in say Germany. Lads flying over and riding them home.

Germany's economy contracted by 0.1% in the last quarter so they may be headed for recession. So between that and Brexit there's troubled times ahead, cash buyers will have more playing power.

Its basically what Brexit is going to do to the UK in a tiny model.
    Traditionally people brought cars from the UK because they were A) Close, B) spoke the same language and C) were RHD.
    From now on I would think that Ireland will start to increasingly deal more with Mainland Europe directly, not just in vehicles but in all aspects of trade as the UK slowly dwindles in importance in terms of commerce.
    Right now the largest Ro-Ro vessel in the world is on the Ireland -Belgium route and this is only the start.

Anyone ever dealt with Ashbourne Motorcycle Centre?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,760 ✭✭✭horse7

How much should a rectifier cost roughly (universal brand).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭BaronVon

horse7 wrote: »
    How much should a rectifier cost roughly (universal brand).

I just upgraded mine on my VFR (known problem with them). Cost me €285 from the States. I'd imagine that would be the ceiling for them.....

• Advertisement

Anyone buy from this site before? And does anyone know by looking at the ad is it for one or 2 rear shocks?
    https://www.mandp.co.uk/products/gsx1400-01-hagon-twin-shock-573927

Advertisement