Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

General chat thread... Links, pictures, banter etc

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭Cork Trucker

Sonics2k wrote: »
    That's crazy random. Personally I'd go with the 2019 Goldwing, but I just know I'd barely get to ride it as it's not a commuter bike.

I’ve never heard anything like it. Apparently the interest stemmed from his brother and father having both at the same time. I’ve seen wing’s used for commuting but they aren’t the easiest for that purpose.

H_Lime wrote: »
    Yah fook it why not, had a hedgeabusa before and had a love/hate relationship with it. Besides I've only time for comfy bikes these days lol.

The Suzuki is dire for comfort I understand

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭H_Lime

Lot of lads say that but I found it no worse than a blackbird but they torture me for some reason. I remember starting off a euro trip on one and saying "ahhh nooooo I've a week of this" within ten minutes haha.
    Yeah I'd take the wing, busa be more fun but these days i say why be uncomfortable, gone old:)

Lot of lads say that but I found it no worse than a blackbird but they torture me for some reason. I remember starting off a euro trip on one and saying "ahhh nooooo I've a week of this" within ten minutes haha.
    Yeah I'd take the wing, busa be more fun but these days i say why be uncomfortable, gone old:)

Christ could you imagine touring on a busa, you'd be broke up. Fair play for managing the euro trip, i doubt it is something i will ever do on my little SV

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

'wings aren't slow either, the new bagger version looks cool but i'd like the luggage space on the touring version.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,958 ✭✭✭D3V!L

CJhaughey wrote: »
    'wings aren't slow either, the new bagger version looks cool but i'd like the luggage space on the touring version.

They've chopped the capacity of the newer model dramatically. I can't recall what the volume is but it's considerably smaller than the older model. The GW isn't the continent hopper it used to be.

Seen one close up, not sure what to make of them.

D3V!L wrote: »
    They've chopped the capacity of the newer model dramatically. I can't recall what the volume is but it's considerably smaller than the older model. The GW isn't the continent hopper it used to be.

The engine capacity? It certainly doesn’t look as appealing as older models. I’m familiar with the Aspencade of the 80’s though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,958 ✭✭✭D3V!L

The engine capacity? It certainly doesn’t look as appealing as older models. I’m familiar with the Aspencade of the 80’s though

Sorry the luggage capacity. Not sure the numbers but I know it's considerably less.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,384 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Whats the bike Hotblack?

2004 Sprint ST 955

Scrap the cap!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,453 ✭✭✭✭blade1

You had a Mille ffs :P :pac:

blade1 wrote: »
    You had a Mille ffs :P :pac:
    Lol and that's why I still dont have it!
    Would have a tuono or falcono though or even a mileono:P

On the blackbird front I've gone to fairly considerable lengths to make her bareable and she is that now thank god.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭lennymc

2004 Sprint ST 955

I may have a haynes manual for that at home somewhere from my t595 days if that's any use to you Hotblack? I know i had a misfire on that at one stage, and i think it might have bene shims and clearances, but i'm not sure.

even a mileono

Sorted!!:D
    https://www.donedeal.ie/motorbikes-for-sale/aprilia-rsv-1000/22734879

There's a cat c Bol d'or for sale somewhere that's supposed to be in perfect nick.
    It's half the price of what you'd pay for good one.
    It's kind of piqued my interest but I won't be buying anything for a good while.

lennymc wrote: »
    I may have a haynes manual for that at home somewhere from my t595 days if that's any use to you Hotblack? I know i had a misfire on that at one stage, and i think it might have bene shims and clearances, but i'm not sure.

Thanks, but I have the Triumph workshop manual for it already.

Scrap the cap!

lennymc wrote: »
    And my ol pal Lenny knows what can happen to a sick trumpet when they dont get the medicine eh!:)

Ti Evo race exhaust arrived today.
    IMG-20190826-175403.jpg

In a world of muppets cutting their exhausts in half that gets the thumbs up from me.
    Did the japs make any ti systems for it? Christ they know how to make an exhaust!!
    Iirc the factory racing cans from aprilia were either arrow or leo's rebadged yah?

In a world of muppets cutting their exhausts in half that gets the thumbs up from me.
    Did the japs make any ti systems for it? Christ they know how to make an exhaust!!
    Iirc the factory racing cans from aprilia were either arrow or leo's rebadged yah?

Shotguns were made by arrow and came badged Arrow or Aprilia.
    Genuine Aprilia Ti Evo made by Akrapovic.
    This is what I think but can't swear on it.

I wouldn't put a jap exhaust on an Aprilia...
    Actually I would but just a TigCraft or maybe a Sato.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 916 ✭✭✭The Nutty M

The busa is definitely not uncomfortable in any ways,I'm on my second one. I'd go as far as to say that it's the most comfortable bike I've owned.

• Advertisement

The busa is definitely not uncomfortable in any ways,I'm on my second one. I'd go as far as to say that it's the most comfortable bike I've owned.

I have no experience of one, but some people claim they are uncomfortable, these same people are 50+ mind you. What are the negatives about them as someone who is an owner?

For me the reach to the bars was excessive. Peg to seat ratio was better than the bird but I always felt unnecessarily stretched out on it.
    I couldnt make it handle at eight tenths either. Im a normal rider skills wise so handier fellas might not have the issues I did.
    When shifting the blackbird just seems to get down the road effortlessly, where the busa needed more management.

All the above is just from perspective and to this day that engine is still at the top of the leagues for ****s n giggles, awesome power plant with torque everywhere.

Anyone got something they'd like to swap for this?
    Not sure I want to get rid of but it's getting less and less use.
    It's mint.
    New tyres, valve clearance done.
    A shedload of extras.
    I have it 6 years.
    Would have to be something unusual to pique my interest.
    Comes in sporty
    Screenshot-20190715-183239.jpg
    And also touring
    Screenshot-20180905-055818-01.jpg

Classic TT on ITV4 lads

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 916 ✭✭✭The Nutty M

I have no experience of one, but some people claim they are uncomfortable, these same people are 50+ mind you. What are the negatives about them as someone who is an owner?

No major negatives, heavy at slow riding pace (walking speed) but get above 20kmph and it disappears. Original screen gave me major windblast, double bubble sorted that. The side fairings are hard to get off initially to get to the oil filter.

The positives far outweigh them negatives.

Oodles upon oodles of torque everywhere, 6th gear/ 50kmph and wind her on and you're north of 100kmph less than 2 seconds later.

It's averaging 53 mpg for both short and long journeys which is amazing for what it is.

Servicing, it got its first chain and sprocket set at 38k kms but that's due to the e-oiler (best purchase I ever made). Tyres, original Bridgestones were goosed at 2.5k kms,replaced with PR4'S / 5's and it has averaged 12k kms per set so far.

No gold wing will do that Haha.

No major negatives, heavy at slow riding pace (walking speed) but get above 20kmph and it disappears. Original screen gave me major windblast, double bubble sorted that. The side fairings are hard to get off initially to get to the oil filter.

The positives far outweigh them negatives.

Oodles upon oodles of torque everywhere, 6th gear/ 50kmph and wind her on and you're north of 100kmph less than 2 seconds later.

It's averaging 53 mpg for both short and long journeys which is amazing for what it is.

Servicing, it got its first chain and sprocket set at 38k kms but that's due to the e-oiler (best purchase I ever made). Tyres, original Bridgestones were goosed at 2.5k kms,replaced with PR4'S / 5's and it has averaged 12k kms per set so far.

No gold wing will do that Haha.
    That's a fairly comprehensive report you've given there, as for the tyres, i did hear they were hard on the back ones, that anything over 4k and you're doing very very well. Michelin are a good tyre.

I have no stats from anyone who owns a goldwing, yer man was still on about the 2 of them today, it's funny actually that he can't explain which one he wants :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,760 ✭✭✭horse7

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

horse7 wrote: »

Very nice engine that V-twin 650.
    I like it better than the 1000 myself.
    They have a good following because they are a decent all rounder.

Hey blade, what year is that and what sort of cash price would you be looking at? PM me if you prefer.

Scrap the cap!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,760 ✭✭✭horse7

Very nice engine that V-twin 650.
    I like it better than the 1000 myself.
    They have a good following because they are a decent all rounder.

They get a 3year warranty in the UK,1 year AA and 500£ accessories.

Advertisement