Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

General chat thread... Links, pictures, banter etc

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,453 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Hey blade, what year is that and what sort of cash price would you be looking at? PM me if you prefer.

Hi HD, no cash price.
    Might seem strange to refuse cash but I'm just seeing is there something out there to interest me that I can't think of offhand.
    I've had several people wanting to buy it with a few saying they'll pay whatever the asking is.
    It's 2007.

Like if I did sell it for cash where would I get a bike as
    good for the money I'd get for it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

horse7 wrote: »

I had the 2007 Vstrom and loved it. Stupidly I traded it against a Kawasaki Z1000 and even before the day was over I was regretting it.

I've fond memories of the Vstrom and have sang its praises here and elsewhere since.

We're currently testing the new Vstrom DL650 in work, everyone loves it but I can't say too much about that right now.

I'm on a BMW R1200GS now but have been considering a new Vstrom when it comes time to sell/trade.

I really can't say anything negative about the Vstrom

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,741 ✭✭✭honda boi

Anyone know if there's a motorcycleshop.ie code going around?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,384 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

I'm on their mailing list and don't have anything at the moment.

Scrap the cap!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,735 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Anyone have any opinion on the Husaberg FS 650 SM?
    2003 model.

Wouldn't be a daily bike, just a weekend toy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭dmigsy

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    I see a number of UK shops are selling the Husqvarna VITPILEN 401 for 3999 brand new :eek:

Yeah, CCM have them and the Svartpilen 401 here for €5500.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

IMO...no....:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭Blondie919

IMO...no....:mad:

But if they are riding single file and travelling much slower than you? Is this not ok?

Blondie919 wrote: »
    But if they are riding single file and travelling much slower than you? Is this not ok?

Not when they see you but make no effort to give you some passing room...its not the first time i've come across this....at least with cars they generally leave a big enough gap...

I met a group (7) today ...all out in the centre of the road...they knew i was there....took me about 2km to get by them all....:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,760 ✭✭✭horse7

What's this about, can't follow it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭The Tetrarch

Can't see any picture, Tetrarch.
    This picture was posted on 20th August and I could see it.
    Today the picture is not in the 20th August post?

489638.JPG

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭IrishGrimReaper

I could not see the picture when you posted it.

It's looking fierce well :)

I could not see the picture when you posted it.

It's looking fierce well :)
    Lack of miles.
    It was seven weeks before I took it out for a spin.
    Parts arrived (incl half the crash bars), I was away for a week in mid-July, came back, fitted some of the parts, then asked them when was the backorder coming.
    A week later the the backorder arrived.
    It should have been the top parts of the front crashbars. Instead it was a racebike track stand for someone near Bergamo, northern Italy.:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭Blondie919

Not when they see you but make no effort to give you some passing room...its not the first time i've come across this....at least with cars they generally leave a big enough gap...

I met a group (7) today ...all out in the centre of the road...they knew i was there....took me about 2km to get by them all....:rolleyes:

Oh I get what you mean now. I thought you were saying that it's not on to overtake them. Seems to me that they were being dicks not letting you past.

Blondie919 wrote: »
    Oh I get what you mean now. I thought you were saying that it's not on to overtake them. Seems to me that they were being dicks not letting you past.

Not dicks..just inconsiderate ...I,d always "leg wave" someone past if they were quicker....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭boredatwork82

Bought new Delkevic exhaust and header pipes for my deauville today. Impending no deal Brexit (potential tariffs) and attractive Fx rate made the decision easy.

It was going to have to be changed at some point soon, so may as well try save a few pound.

Is changing the exhaust and header pipes a relatively straight forward task? The guides and directions online make it seem so. But the mechanic who has done some work on the bike, made it sound more complicated, and wouldn't really commit to how long or expensive a job it would be.

Is this something that I should be comfortable having a crack at myself? I am not the most mechanically proficient, but would have the confidence to try stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Bought new Delkevic exhaust and header pipes for my deauville today. Impending no deal Brexit (potential tariffs) and attractive Fx rate made the decision easy.

It was going to have to be changed at some point soon, so may as well try save a few pound.

Is changing the exhaust and header pipes a relatively straight forward task? The guides and directions online make it seem so. But the mechanic who has done some work on the bike, made it sound more complicated, and wouldn't really commit to how long or expensive a job it would be.

Is this something that I should be comfortable having a crack at myself? I am not the most mechanically proficient, but would have the confidence to try stuff.

It should be an easy job but rusty/seized bolts in the head can turn a simple job into a hard one, if you snap them its becomes a mission where you need to get the stub out of the head. which can mean spark erosion which is an engine out job or head off.

I fitted similar system to my mates VFR......fcuking nightmare...its no wonder he couldnt get anyone to fit it...and was quoted 800 by one shop, but wouldnt take responsibility if any studs broke....

Luckly they didnt....but a very trick job nonetheless....yours should be half as easy....:P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,089 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Id start now before the parts get here, by start i mean soak all the bolts in penetrating oil. Every day, spray spray spray until they arrive. Should be sufficiently penetrated by the time parts arrive.

Also not a terrible idea to have an impact screwdriver to hand like this

https://www.ie.screwfix.com/hilka-pro-craft-pro-impact-driver-set-13-pieces.html?utm_source=Google&utm_medium=CPC&utm_campaign=Shopping&gclid=CjwKCAjwnrjrBRAMEiwAXsCc42ygi0TCqYGXIYHkqq01lTIdDZlgr6UwcUSG9mKx3zeOG_NECPFXdhoCywkQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

Invaluable for just getting that initial shift on rusted bolts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭zubair

Gotta look for people stepping out between cars especially when filtering. Best to treat every gap like that. Did the ABS come on in the front or back?

In this one I saw the lights change but spotted the runner in a gap and that the car was slow to take off so held off on making a break for it, which I admit I normally would do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭H_Lime

Consider buying plusgas or my fav, rostoff from wurth. Give them a good scrub with a wire brush and put a correctly fitting socket on the nut and a tap with a hammer. Dont go mad with the hammer mind you.
    As Listermint says spray them after every ride when you when you get home.

Should you do it? Unless you have contingency for a snapped stud...nope. You will need new studs and exhaust gaskets for the head.

Whats the procedure when your interested in a bike in a bike shop, do you arrange for a test drive,or whats normally done?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭H_Lime

zubair wrote: »
    Gotta look for people stepping out between cars especially when filtering. Best to treat every gap like that. Did the ABS come on in the front or back?

In this one I saw the lights change but spotted the runner in a gap and that the car was slow to take off so held off on making a break for it, which I admit I normally would do.

Ah man I haaate watching onboard footage lol. Always seems that somone else's threat assessment is a million miles apart from yer own. Have to say in both those vids I'm cringing Zubair, seems (from my sofa) like there's dangers galore your happily shooting past when over and undertaking.
    Thats a perspective from experience only mind you, I've had no real training other than the garda rider coaching.

Also whats the dealio with rockin through red lights when marshalling? Had a sneek on yer other vid:) If you wipe out somone or crash into another vehicle ya covered?

And a yard or two the wrong side of the continuous white line in the first video.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Whats the procedure when your interested in a bike in a bike shop, do you arrange for a test drive,or whats normally done?

I would usually go in and ask the normal questions, service history, what type of money on it etc. Then I would arrange a test drive on a DIFFERENT DAY. Shows the shop you are not just after a blast around, sometimes they might need to do some work on a bike if not sitting on the showroom floor.

OR

Just ring up and ask them to book you in for a test ride.

Thanks, I've had a good look at the bike, I'll request a ride on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,741 ✭✭✭honda boi

Thanks, I've had a good look at the bike, I'll request a ride on it.

What you looking at getting?

Vstrom 650xt

Rip 40yr old biker yesterday 7pm near aldi mulhuddart.https://www.rte.ie/news/dublin/2019/0905/1073972-motorcycle-rtc-dublin/

• Advertisement

Rip 40yr old biker yesterday 7pm near aldi mulhuddart.https://www.rte.ie/news/dublin/2019/0905/1073972-motorcycle-rtc-dublin/

Scummy taximen at it again......:mad:

Advertisement