Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

General chat thread... Links, pictures, banter etc

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,384 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Just did a deal on an SV1000, should be picking it up tomorrow :)

Scrap the cap!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Nice one, make sure the 1st thing you do is buy a fender extender on the front to stop the water flying into the spark plug (or is that just the 650s)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Nice one, make sure the 1st thing you do is buy a fender extender on the front to stop the water flying into the spark plug (or is that just the 650s)

I've never heard it happen on the thou but good advice none the less.

My son had an SV650 a few years back which was unrideable in wet weather.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,453 ✭✭✭✭blade1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭Cork Trucker

• Advertisement

Tinypic's no longer available?

Nope they have packed up.
    I use post image now.
    You saw the link above it though???

blade1 wrote: »
    Nope they have packed up.
    I use post image now.
    You saw the link above it though???

I seen the link after i posted the reply :o

Wonda-Boy wrote: »

Pretty sure that's only the 650s, but I'm going to get one anyway.

svrider.com looks like a pretty good forum, I've already downloaded the workshop manuals from a link there :)

Does anyone know if it's still possible to get a disc lock with a bracket that attaches to the bike. I can't find one online... Edit: Cotters do them

Scrap the cap!

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 2,957 Mod ✭✭✭✭macplaxton

I've never heard it happen on the thou but good advice none the less.

My son had an SV650 a few years back which was unrideable in wet weather.

How so? I had a 2002 SV650 for eighteen months and rode it daily without any mudgard extension. The lacquer chipped easily on the front forks and they looked terrible after 6 months but it was always rideable.:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,741 ✭✭✭honda boi

What them tyres like?
    There's a 10% code somewhere so can get them for even cheaper.
    Very cheap tyres.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,760 ✭✭✭horse7

Where can you get them fitted in Dublin near blanchardstown?

There are two little triangular plastic side covers on the SV1000 (650 should be the same) each held on with two plastic prongs and a bolt

Problem is, on one of them the thread is completely stripped. I've put a cable tie on it for now just to make sure it won't fall off.

This is a low torque fastener so I'm thinking fill it up with epoxy resin or something and then drill and tap?

Any epoxy glue I've ever used has never really set hard, was always kinda springy, so does anyone know of a product which will set rock hard and is drillable / tappable?

Not a huge issue but it is bothering me!

Scrap the cap!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭PCeeeee

There are two little triangular plastic side covers on the SV1000 (650 should be the same) each held on with two plastic prongs and a bolt

Problem is, on one of them the thread is completely stripped. I've put a cable tie on it for now just to make sure it won't fall off.

This is a low torque fastener so I'm thinking fill it up with epoxy resin or something and then drill and tap?

Any epoxy glue I've ever used has never really set hard, was always kinda springy, so does anyone know of a product which will set rock hard and is drillable / tappable?

Not a huge issue but it is bothering me!

HeliCoil? Use them in work all the time and they're brilliant

Got this Bluetooth set today.
    For under €30 delivered it seems great value.
    It's an BT-S2.

IMG-20190916-173745.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,011 ✭✭✭✭GBX

My FZ1 is giving more grief. In the past few months I've had to replace the stator (2nd one I've had to do in 3 years), new reg rec and battery. Rode into work this morning, stopped in the garage and had to jump start to get going again and had to bump it again to get home. Gonna put the battery on the oximiser now.
    I don't want to keep throwing cash at it but I need it as it's my only transport. Very annoying :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,089 ✭✭✭✭listermint

GBX wrote: »
    My FZ1 is giving more grief. In the past few months I've had to replace the stator (2nd one I've had to do in 3 years), new reg rec and battery. Rode into work this morning, stopped in the garage and had to jump start to get going again and had to bump it again to get home. Gonna put the battery on the oximiser now.
    I don't want to keep throwing cash at it but I need it as it's my only transport. Very annoying :(

Unless you replaced the rectifier at the same time then you maybe pissed money away. You should upgrade the rectifier to a mosfet one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,760 ✭✭✭horse7

It's an BT-S2.

IMG-20190916-173745.jpg

What's the range

horse7 wrote: »
    What's the range

For my phone to headset?
    I only walked around 30m from my phone and it worked perfectly.
    The range from one headset to another is supposed to be 800 to 1000m but haven't tested that and probably never will.
    I only got it because I seem to miss important calls when I'm on the bike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,011 ✭✭✭✭GBX

listermint wrote: »
    Unless you replaced the rectifier at the same time then you maybe pissed money away. You should upgrade the rectifier to a mosfet one.

Yeah that was also replaced - didnt want to leave it to chance at the time. Not sure if it was a mosfet one but it was brand new.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,089 ✭✭✭✭listermint

GBX wrote: »
    Yeah that was also replaced - didnt want to leave it to chance at the time. Not sure if it was a mosfet one but it was brand new.

MOSFET will handle any higher voltages and is more resilient

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,306 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Great bike chase, stolen from reddit

Does anyone know if there is such a thing as a 360 degree camera i can buy? coming through Killeagh at the weekend the 'fairer' sex in an Audi almost took me out when alighting from Fitzgibbon's garage despite the fact i had my dipped beams on and hi viz gear. All advice welcome.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,958 ✭✭✭D3V!L

Does anyone know if there is such a thing as a 360 degree camera i can buy? coming through Killeagh at the weekend the 'fairer' sex in an Audi almost took me out when alighting from Fitzgibbon's garage despite the fact i had my dipped beams on and hi viz gear. All advice welcome.

There are many on the market who advertise themselves as 360 cameras etc but none are. Have a look at the Innovv K2, its a front and rear camera system with recorder.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 413 ✭✭LLewellen Farquarson

Vsys have a fisheye 170 degree camera as part of their dashcams. Look in Aliexpress and search under vsys. It has a rear camera as well
    Give me a shout if you want to see their dashcam installed. I'm well impressed.

Text is in Portuguese so I'm assuming Brazil.
    Some skills the cop has but some massive risks he's taking.
    At the end it seems to say that the kid was only charged with dangerous driving and the scooter was seized!
    Madness.

Here's one I saw the other day. A bit annoying how he keeps stopping the video so often, but some good points about the bad decision making of the cop:

Comments about "countersteering" are unintentionally hilarious though.

Scrap the cap!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,741 ✭✭✭honda boi

D3V!L wrote: »
    There are many on the market who advertise themselves as 360 cameras etc but none are. Have a look at the Innovv K2, its a front and rear camera system with recorder.

Have you the innovv?
    I remember years ago trying to source one but the price was pretty big.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

It's an BT-S2.

IMG-20190916-173745.jpg

Im in the market for similar. Where did you order from?

D3V!L wrote: »

Thanks for that D3V!L looks like it could be just what I need. It looks bike mounted rather than to the helmet?

Vsys have a fisheye 170 degree camera as part of their dashcams. Look in Aliexpress and search under vsys. It has a rear camera as well
    Give me a shout if you want to see their dashcam installed. I'm well impressed.

Is aliexpress like wish? Looked at the YouTube video. Which would people go with? Helmet or bike mounted?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,958 ✭✭✭D3V!L

Is aliexpress like wish? Looked at the YouTube video. Which would people go with? Helmet or bike mounted?

it's less hassle than a helmet mounted one and since it pretty much looks after itself you dont have to worry about charging and wiping old videos.

Advertisement