Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

General chat thread... Links, pictures, banter etc

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 413 ✭✭LLewellen Farquarson

D3V!L wrote: »
    it's less hassle than a helmet mounted one and since it pretty much looks after itself you dont have to worry about charging and wiping old videos.
    Bike mounted is "fit and forget" but it's a dashcam. Helmet mounted is leaning more to action /spin recording .

I wanted a dashcam. It's hardwired, gps, front and back camera and wifi to connect to the phone for viewing and download. It has a screen as well.

Aliexpress is like ebay for Chinese goods.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,453 ✭✭✭✭blade1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭zubair

Does anyone know if there is such a thing as a 360 degree camera i can buy? coming through Killeagh at the weekend the 'fairer' sex in an Audi almost took me out when alighting from Fitzgibbon's garage despite the fact i had my dipped beams on and hi viz gear. All advice welcome.

To be fair this happens to me when I'm in the car too. That said, be conscious of the low sun this time of year, drivers find it harder to see.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭Cork Trucker

zubair wrote: »
    To be fair this happens to me when I'm in the car too. That said, be conscious of the low sun this time of year, drivers find it harder to see.

I accept that and have no issue with it, I’ve been in that position myself where the low sun is concerned. On this occasion it was dull, so the only thing I could think of was the driver either didn’t look properly or just tried to get out in front of me.

• Advertisement

Screenshot-20190921-115800-01.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,384 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Lidl will have their battery charger in from Thursday.

https://www.lidl.ie/en/p/winter-ready-car-care/car-battery-charger/p27158

I have one of these and it's good, I'm pretty sure I paid 20 quid not €16.99 for it though!

Scrap the cap!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭H_Lime

I have one of these and it's good, I'm pretty sure I paid 20 quid not €16.99 for it though!

Winner!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭Cork Trucker

Nice few offers there HD, the only thing i wouldn't be keen on is the engine oil, anyone ever used it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,428 ✭✭✭ZX7R

I wonder does it have a trickle setting

ZX7R wrote: »
    I wonder does it have a trickle setting

It's a trickle charger.
    It won't charge flat batteries or weak ones.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Lads prolly get hammered for this but I bought 5 snoods (neck warmers) in choice the euro shops, the little fella wanted some halloween crap and I said I take a look....lo and behold they have snoods in all colours with a skull and cross bones on them barley visable and are ideal for the bike.

Absolute bargain for €2 each, and the quality is quite good.

blade1 wrote: »
    It's a trickle charger.
    It won't charge flat batteries or weak ones.

Great looking for one to leave on the bike during winter when it won't be used as much

Great looking for one to leave on the bike during winter when it won't be used as much

Yeah,I have one as well as an Oxford Oximiser.
    I don't see any difference in performance between the two.

blade1 wrote: »
    Yeah,I have one as well as an Oxford Oximiser.
    I don't see any difference in performance between the two.

Well it's more for next winter as I will be living in Poland then, starting to gader bit and Peace's before the move

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,447 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Lads prolly get hammered for this but I bought 5 snoods (neck warmers) in choice the euro shops, the little fella wanted some holloween crap and I said I take a look....lo and behold they have snoods in all colours with a skull and cross bones on them barley visable and are ideal for the bike.

Absolute bargain for €2 each, and the quality is quite good.
    Where's that?. Looking in galway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Im in Meath, but I have seen them in Dublin stores too.

Look in the actual Halloween section m8.

Dear Deirdre.....
    I have never written to you before but I really need your advice. I suspected for some time now that my wife has been cheating. The usual signs.... the phone rings and if I answer, the caller hangs up, also she’s going out with the girls a lot and when you ask their names its "you don't know them.” I try to stay awake to look out for her when she comes home but I usually fall asleep. Anyway last night I decided to finally check up on her. Around midnight I hid in the shed behind my tractor so to get a good view of the whole yard when she came home from her night out with the girls. When she got out of the car she was buttoning up her blouse which was open and she took her panties out of her purse and slipped them on. It was at that moment when I crouched behind my motorbike I noticed it. A hairline crack in the manifold right where it meets the exhaust. Is this something I can cast-iron weld myself or should I take it back to the main dealer?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭thos

Damp auld evening ...

thos wrote: »
    Damp auld evening ...

Shout out to A* and Goretex

Shout out to A* and Goretex

Got a new pair of motorcycle Boots yesterday for my birthday thanks big brother.
    Puma gore-tex,
    Hopefully they will keep the rain out better than the supposed waterproof
    Alpine stars I got last November.
    Not Alpine star but dainese boots

Got a new pair of motorcycle Boots yesterday for my birthday thanks big brother.
    Puma gore-tex,

Happy bday!!! And well wear.

Were the A* gore, because I've had my SMX 6 gore for 3 years and they haven't let a drop in and are still going strong. They've even been through a spill. I was going to replace them because they look tired but I really don't need to, I'd just be replacing them for a new pair if I do. Feet were bone dry when I got home this evening after my 50k spin home through hurricane lorenzo.

Happy bday!!! And well wear.

Were the A* gore, because I've had my SMX 6 gore for 3 years and they haven't let a drop in and are still going strong. They've even been through a spill. I was going to replace them because they look tired but I really don't need to, I'd just be replacing them for a new pair if I do. Feet were bone dry when I got home this evening after my 50k spin home through hurricane lorenzo.

Don't know why I said Alpine star ,there dainsese d-wp waterproof, but we're not waterproof leaked across the bridge of the foot Boots would fill up with water ,wore my trousers down over them ,so that is the only place they could leak.
    Thank you for birthday wishes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,384 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

For anyone having issues with a Datatool System 3, here's how to fix it permanently:

Scrap the cap!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭H_Lime

Oh yea, i pulled the exact same bastard outta my mille on second day of ownership when it threw a strop. Fock all the way off wheres me sidecutters!!!! Die die!:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 356 ✭✭in2dark

Puma gore-tex,
    Not Alpine star but dainese boots

Where did u buy them from? If not allowed public pls pm me

in2dark wrote: »
    Where did u buy them from? If not allowed public pls pm me

I find out where my brother got them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,011 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Just saw this thread. Lad looking for his bike back after an accident: