Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

General chat thread... Links, pictures, banter etc

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,760 ✭✭✭horse7

Is there an entry cost into mondello park tomorrow,((track day) ,was gonna have a look?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,428 ✭✭✭ZX7R

horse7 wrote: »
    Is there an entry cost into mondello park tomorrow,((track day) ,was gonna have a look?

Last I was there there was no charge in to spectate at a track day

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,384 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

GBX wrote: »
    Just saw this thread. Lad looking for his bike back after an accident:

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058020368&page=

Some absolute scum out there.

Scrap the cap!

Anybody have a Loobman? Any use? Seems to be the cheapest chain oiler around.

I've used Scottoilers before but they're expensive enough and a bit of a pain to fit.

Scrap the cap!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,121 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

Almost t-boned some dummy in Drumcondra this evening when he decided to cross a blind yellow box. Absolutely no idea how I managed to stop in time, but there was legitimately no more than an inch or two from my front tyre and his passenger wing.

Lucky.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭zubair

Almost t-boned some dummy in Drumcondra this evening when he decided to cross a blind yellow box. Absolutely no idea how I managed to stop in time, but there was legitimately no more than an inch or two from my front tyre and his passenger wing.

Lucky.

So you were in the inside lane and they turned right across a stopped car on the outside?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,121 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

zubair wrote: »
    So you were in the inside lane and they turned right across a stopped car on the outside?

Yep. Was actually in the bus lane which was empty. Cars in the main lane were all stopped. He crossed from the opposite direction across the empty yellow box assuming the lane was empty.

I was right behind a biker who crashed about a year ago in the exact same circumstances so I always preempt it happening, but man, this was close.

Yep. Was actually in the bus lane which was empty. Cars in the main lane were all stopped. He crossed from the opposite direction across the empty yellow box assuming the lane was empty.

I was right behind a biker who crashed about a year ago in the exact same circumstances so I always preempt it happening, but man, this was close.

Well glad to hear your experience paid off. No doubt a little rattled after it. This is such a common accident, the trouble is it seems to be the party with the right of way that has to do all the thinking for the dopes turning.

Wife of a US intelligence official drives out of a US base in the UK on the wrong side of the road, hits a motorcyclist, kills him, claims diplomatic immunity and flees back to the US.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2019/10/05/us-diplomats-wife-claims-immunity-leaves-uk-afterfatal-road/

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058020677

Outrageous.

Scrap the cap!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Lucky.

A mate of mine was killed in almost those exact circumstances in 2015, count your blessings

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭Cork Trucker

Lads there's a run on in Glanworth North Cork on Sunday if anyone is interested in memory of a young lad who lost his life aged 17 on a motorbike

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=2457161384391367&set=a.302778879829639&type=3&theater

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,741 ✭✭✭honda boi

What's a good pair of ear plugs?
    Looking at these
    https://www.sportsbikeshop.co.uk/motorcycle_parts/content_prod/405822
    6 weeks on the gsx 1400 and the ears do be killing me getting off it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭two wheels good

Ear plugs are a personal preference. Depends on your ear. Ye pays yer money..
    I use the squidgy disposable Howard Leight(sp?) and even then I prefer a particular type. Available from UK on eBay.

Don't delay I say. Pick up whatever is on the counter at your local bike shop in the meantime. Avoid the hideous foam cylindrical type in the blue\white packet.

I got a big box of the Howard Leight orange ones recently on Amazon at a very good price. You really need to try a few types to see what suits you though - trial packs of different shapes/sizes are available.

Scrap the cap!

I'm currently using the pink and yellow ones. I got them on amazon too. They work well.

Is it possible to get a spare key cut for a motorcycle (vstrom).?

Is it possible to get a spare key cut for a motorcycle (vstrom).?

You can get a key cut for pretty much anything, is your key chipped? as in does the bike have an immobiliser? if so then the cost just went up as a result.

It has an immobilizer.

It has an immobilizer.

I was quoted €70 to get a key cut recently that has an immobiliser. everywhere is different though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭kiddums

I was quoted €70 to get a key cut recently that has an immobiliser. everywhere is different though

Where did you get that quote? A dealer?

Yamaha were looking for over €100 when I priced one with an immobiliser.

• Advertisement

kiddums wrote: »
    Where did you get that quote? A dealer?

Yamaha were looking for over €100 when I priced one with an immobiliser.

Keyfast

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭kiddums

Keyfast

Thanks, I'll check them out.

Would a key be covered by the bike warranty?

Would a key be covered by the bike warranty?

Maybe if it’s proven to have malfunctioned but not negligence I would assume, it might be void of warranty as it is a potential consumable

The metal is worn down.

The metal is worn down.

Would it be considered normal wear and tear? Did the key come with the bike? i assume it did from what you say? how old is it? The key to one of my bikes is 17 years old and no signs of it wearing down.

It's 2 years old. I've just bought it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,741 ✭✭✭honda boi

Ear plugs are a personal preference. Depends on your ear. Ye pays yer money..
    I use the squidgy disposable Howard Leight(sp?) and even then I prefer a particular type. Available from UK on eBay.

Don't delay I say. Pick up whatever is on the counter at your local bike shop in the meantime. Avoid the hideous foam cylindrical type in the blue\white packet.
    I got a big box of the Howard Leight orange ones recently on Amazon at a very good price. You really need to try a few types to see what suits you though - trial packs of different shapes/sizes are available.
    zubair wrote: »
    I'm currently using the pink and yellow ones. I got them on amazon too. They work well.

Thanks lads.
    Found a pair of 200 of those plugs on Amazon .
    Gonna find a set of heated grips aswell and order them together so I can get free delivery.
    Ye the ears can be in a bad way traveling for 2 hours a day on the bike

It's 2 years old. I've just bought it.

Unsure if a warranty would cover it, how long is a warranty on a new bike? 1/2 years old? I've never bought brand new so wouldn't know.

• Advertisement

I just bought it,has 6 month warranty.

Advertisement