Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General chat thread... Links, pictures, banter etc

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

So folks Clutch & brake cables. Are they an easy job to replace for a DIY or does it take a pro? Im googling at the mo but just wanted peoples opinions.

Also is it a standard procedure for all bike makes or would the Honda be different from a Yamaha?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,009 ✭✭✭Wossack

would imagine you only have a clutch cable

pretty straight forward though. Good tip is to run the new cable alongside the old one, so you get the routing right.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

So folks Clutch & brake cables. Are they an easy job to replace for a DIY or does it take a pro? Im googling at the mo but just wanted peoples opinions.

Also is it a standard procedure for all bike makes or would the Honda be different from a Yamaha?
    Pretty standard across all marques, but you want to get the routing correct.
    Buy new ones and then route them alongside the old ones before removing the old ones.
    I have seen people that are travelling a lot route new ones next to the old ones and then waterproof them and leave them in place so in the event of failure you just swap them over.
    These days with hydraulics replacing cables its not seen so much.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭goodlad

Yay for deliveries!!

14658828150_57ccf80d32_z.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,570 ✭✭✭Skill Magill

Whats the point of them? Stop the downpipes gettin scratched? Sake! :pac:

• Advertisement

haha! Yeah thats the intention but i didnt put them there.

Pic here

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056853139&page=56

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

I remember fitting bigger versions of those on my Expansion chambers on my 2t bikes!

Very impressive. Wonder if its affordable

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Very impressive. Wonder if its affordable

I like how they cut away before showing the dummy's head being shorn off by the impact :P

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

• Advertisement

So today was my first commute with the power commader in and also the bike has been lowered 20mm on the back and 20mm on the front.

Well sweet jeaysus!! The difference is incredible!!
    The bike is way more stable at high speeds because its lower and the smooth acceleration from the pc5 map is savage!

Had a ****ing blast on the way into work! :D

goodlad wrote: »
    So today was my first commute with the power commader in and also the bike has been lowered 20mm on the back and 20mm on the front.

Well sweet jeaysus!! The difference is incredible!!
    The bike is way more stable at high speeds because its lower and the smooth acceleration from the pc5 map is savage!

Had a ****ing blast on the way into work! :D

Good to hear :)

I read an article recently about wind buffeting on the Vstorm. It seems the reason for this was down to the mirrors and changing them made a big difference. Might not be a problem for your bike and this was based on the latest model but just thought I would mention it just incase.

The first thing i done to the bike was change the mirrors. That got rid of 80% of the buffeting and then i slapped on a MRA touring screen which finished the job.

Zero buffeting now unless im doing silly speed.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,281 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Well fu weather!

First half of my journey home!

14887672645_2162589095_c.jpg

Second half!

14701010680_fe703d09a1_c.jpg

And i was wearing leathers :o
    From neck to toes i was soaked to the bone :(

No spare boots and i doubt they will be dry for tomorrow.

Goodlad you should embrace the rain, and consider changing your username to softlad.:D I'd do that in a pair of jeans and runners.

goodlad wrote: »
    The first thing i done to the bike was change the mirrors. That got rid of 80% of the buffeting and then i slapped on a MRA touring screen which finished the job.

Zero buffeting now unless im doing silly speed.

I was looking at your mirrors in the dry/rain shot you have above. They seem to give a good view of whats behind you. I am sick of bikes who's mirrors give great views of your elbows. The TDM has decent mirrors too

Yeah the mirrors are brilliant. They are aprillia mirrors.

And I actually like going for a drive in the raid.
    What I don't like is driving in the rain when I'm in leathers and have no rain gear on.

Had the hair dryer stuck inside my left boot for the last hours. Its almost dry and then onto the right one.

The only weather I won't go out in is sunny weather, being fair skinned I tend to get burnt too easily as I'm riding bare chested around Finglas.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Got my sj4000 today after 7 weeks waiting.
    Looks like I got a fake one.
    Seems ok though and I suppose for €66 delivered I can't complain too much.
    I did let the seller know that I know it's a fake.

photo_zpsc24254cd.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

How do you know its a fake? I thought the SJ400 was a fake - a fake gopro!

Zascar wrote: »
    How do you know its a fake? I thought the SJ400 was a fake - a fake gopro!

I looked up fake sj4000 v real sj4000.
    firmware is different plus a few subtle things on casing aswell.
    Also on the box "water resistant" is spelt wrong.
    They spelt resistant "resistabt"
    My micro sd card never showed up so i ordered another one so i have to wait another few days before i can record anything.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭Peanut2011

Goodlad, what is the camera you are using?

Drift HD Ghost

Its nice to have a bit of peace and quiet , I'd imagine wonda is flutin around europe lookin for an internet cafe!

• Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭blu3r0ri0n

This looks great! Could be great for the vloggers out there.

We present a method for converting first-person videos, for example, captured with a helmet camera during activities such as rock climbing or bicycling, into hyper-lapse videos, i.e., time-lapse videos with a smoothly moving camera.

At high speed-up rates, simple frame sub-sampling coupled with existing video stabilization methods does not work, because the erratic camera shake present in first-person videos is amplified by the speed-up.
    http://research.microsoft.com/en-us/um/redmond/projects/hyperlapse/

blade1 wrote: »
    Got my sj4000 today after 7 weeks waiting.
    Looks like I got a fake one.
    Seems ok though and I suppose for €66 delivered I can't complain too much.
    I did let the seller know that I know it's a fake.

photo_zpsc24254cd.jpg

Seller has offered me €30 back!

Got my barbacks ordered today. They will bring the bars up 1 inch and back 2 inches. Will deffo make the seating position perfection.

Also found my Kriega dry pack but couldnt find the fooking straps for it but handy enough kriega sell spares so bought them.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Its nice to have a bit of peace and quiet , I'd imagine wonda is flutin around europe lookin for an internet cafe!

You are doing fine on ur own m8.....big hello from Offenburg Germany, just using the wifi in the Roxy Bar (Google it) HAPPY DAYS!!!!!

• Advertisement

Haha! Hope you're enjoyin yourself man, fill us in when you get a chance:D

Advertisement