Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

General chat thread... Links, pictures, banter etc

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,453 ✭✭✭✭blade1

A fantastic piece of kit. I probably have mine ten years now and in that time I've only stripped one of the rachets while fitting new suspension units to my sons car (he was a little boy racer Honda Civic idiot lol), I returned it to Halfords and they replaced it immediately, no quibbles.

Its undoubtedly saved me thousands of Euro and when my son moved out I bought him one (because he's a biker now and guess who does all his work?).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Anyone notice that his 14mm spanner is missing?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭Emmersonn

Anyone notice that his 14mm spanner is missing?
    Shhhhh. For God's sake keep quiet. You do'nt want him hitting the bottle again. :D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,741 ✭✭✭honda boi

Looking at picking up a set of heated grips for the gsx 1400.
    Think this is the cheapest around ?
    https://www.motorcycleshop.ie/oxford-hotgrips-premium-touring-heated-grips-of691-63859-p.asp

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭Cork Trucker

honda boi wrote: »
    Looking at picking up a set of heated grips for the gsx 1400.
    Think this is the cheapest around ?
    https://www.motorcycleshop.ie/oxford-hotgrips-premium-touring-heated-grips-of691-63859-p.asp

Lee Motorcycles in Cork own that site. There was a shop in Dublin who matched their prices I heard, I forget the name

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,382 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

That's the old version being flogged off.

Here's the new ones which I fitted recently:

https://megabikes.ie/oxford-touring-hotgrips

Very little difference apart from the new one has 9 heat levels instead of 5 (text description is wrong but the picture shows 9 heat levels)

Make sure you're happy with the fit of the grips (and where the wiring is going) 'dry' before using the glue. The included superglue worked very well for me, use plenty of it.

There's kind of a bulge on the grip where the wire enters, if you're not careful it could foul the clutch or brake lever, there's an arrow printed on it which should be pointing vertically down to avoid this.

Scrap the cap!

Lee Motorcycles in Cork own that site. There was a shop in Dublin who matched their prices I heard, I forget the name
    Ye ive bought from Lee motorcycles before and don't mind throwing them the few Bob.
    That's the old version being flogged off.

Here's the new ones which I fitted recently:

https://megabikes.ie/oxford-touring-hotgrips

Very little difference apart from the new one has 9 heat levels instead of 5 (text description is wrong but the picture shows 9 heat levels)

Make sure you're happy with the fit of the grips (and where the wiring is going) 'dry' before using the glue. The included superglue worked very well for me, use plenty of it.

There's kind of a bulge on the grip where the wire enters, if you're not careful it could foul the clutch or brake lever, there's an arrow printed on it which should be pointing vertically down to avoid this.
    Ye I seen the new ones but I'm not sure if there worth the extra €30?. If it's only heat settings that extra I may just get the older cheaper model

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,087 ✭✭✭✭listermint

honda boi wrote: »
    Ye ive bought from Lee motorcycles before and don't mind throwing them the few Bob.

Ye I seen the new ones but I'm not sure if there worth the extra €30?. If it's only heat settings that extra I may just get the older cheaper model

There is no need for 9 heat levels ever.

At most you use the bottom one or the top two.

I have the older ones past 5 years. They're great

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭zubair

listermint wrote: »
    There is no need for 9 heat levels ever.

At most you use the bottom one or the top two.

I have the older ones past 5 years. They're great

LOL, I have the Yamaha grips for my bike, they have 10 levels, I use 1, 5 and 10, that's it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

If it was me I would get some epoxy resin or really STRONG GLUE for the heated grips. With the wear and tear they get most come loose after about a 3 mths with the water and sugar mixture they supply....lol.

• Advertisement

It's superglue, it's not going to move if you put it on right.

Scrap the cap!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,011 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Hairspray also works.

I had Oxford ones years ago on my deauville and if I remember correctly I didn't need any glue or anything but I could of just forgotten what I used :p
    If super glue Is used would using a hair dryer help remove the grips at a later date if needed?

Whatever the fcuk Lee Motorcycles are using to attach the grips it doesn't work, keeps coming fcuking loose and i only have them on 30, Lee reattached them 3 times, came loose every time thereafter

I used gorilla glue when the grips came loose on my last bike, they never moved again after that.

zubair wrote: »
    I used gorilla glue when the grips came loose on my last bike, they never moved again after that.

Was it just the left grip you had an issue with? in my case the throttle is never affected, just the left side.

Was it just the left grip you had an issue with? in my case the throttle is never affected, just the left side.

Twas, not sure why that is, you'd expect it to be the throttle side to be fair. Maybe because the left is rubber on metal where as the right is rubber on plastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭PCeeeee

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    Passed my full A test this morning with only 1 mark on the sheet. Delighted to get that out of the way. Massive thanks to Mick and the lady that did the pre-test that works for him.

Fair play. Dreading the thought of mine. Did you take many lessons?

Passed my full A test this morning with only 1 mark on the sheet. Delighted to get that out of the way. Massive thanks to Mick and the lady that did the pre-test that works for him.

Well done, lucky fcuker getting just the one :D i got 2 :( I was out with Mick myself in August, you really could not meet a nicer instructor. What bike did you sit the test on? will you keep the 125?

Great news, fair play!!!

• Advertisement

(Kawasaki SV 650).

You what?!

Fair play on passing the test on a bike two classes up from your daily driver!

Scrap the cap!

(Suzuki SV 650).
    :pac::pac::pac:

PCeeeee wrote: »
    Fair play. Dreading the thought of mine. Did you take many lessons?

Don't be dreading it at all..go in and show him how's it done!

blade1 wrote: »
    Don't be dreading it at all..go in and show him how's it done!

Thanks Blade. That defo gave me a laugh anyhow. I ride like an oul woman in a micra drives...

Thanks Blade. That defo gave me a laugh anyhow. I ride like an oul woman in a micra drives...

Don't sweat about it. Losing one's virginity can be more stressful than a driving test :D Seriously though, stay calm and don't over think it, i did a lesson 2 hours before my own test and just walked into it like i would any other appointment. I've met 5 different testers in my life of both genders, all different backgrounds and one was from overseas, they do what they can to keep you at ease. Just remember your lifesavers, rules of the road,technical checks etc. and before leaving the test centre the tester will do a radio check to make sure you can hear him/her, this is very important.

It actually works.
    I have to do a driving test every 2 years.
    Good luck with it!

blade1 wrote: »
    It actually works.
    I have to do a driving test every 2 years.
    Good luck with it!

:confused::confused::confused:

:confused::confused::confused:
    Work.

• Advertisement

Don't sweat about. Losing one's virginity can be more stressful than a driving test :D

Stop. That was a **** show too :):D

Advertisement