Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

General chat thread... Links, pictures, banter etc

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭Cork Trucker

PCeeeee wrote: »
    Stop. That was a **** show too :):D

But did you not get the job done successfully ;):D:pac: Look at it that way :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭PCeeeee

But did you not get the job done successfully ;):D:pac: Look at it that way :)

100% :D.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,741 ✭✭✭honda boi

Have to say motorcycleshop.ie are probably one of the best and quickest companies I've dealt with.
    Ordered my heated grips near midnight Wednesday.
    They arrived friday morning. Very fast delivery!!
    Now to fit them :D

honda boi wrote: »
    Have to say motorcycleshop.ie are probably one of the best and quickest companies I've dealt with.
    Ordered my heated grips near midnight Wednesday.
    They arrived friday morning. Very fast delivery!!
    Now to fit them :D

Do they supply iPhone cases for the handle bars? One thing I never checked on their site

LIGHTNING wrote: »

Jeez that’s cheap :eek: I paid €50 for my last one. Thanks for posting :D

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,760 ✭✭✭horse7

Vstrom 650

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,087 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Givi Aiflow

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,741 ✭✭✭honda boi

Pink lock for the visors are God sent.
    Drove for years without one and always had to leave the visor open a crack to stop condensation.
    Used the pinlock for a week and by God it's great.
    My nose doesn't have icicles when I get off the bike now!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,087 ✭✭✭✭listermint

honda boi wrote: »
    Pink lock for the visors are God sent.
    Drove for years without one and always had to leave the visor open a crack to stop condensation.
    Used the pinlock for a week and by God it's great.
    My nose doesn't have icicles when I get off the bike now!!!

They're great but only last a few years. Then the plastic breakdown. Once they start letting any condensation in chuck them get a new one. Once they are gone they are worse than any condensation visor because no matter how much airflow you let in they done clear out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭zubair

listermint wrote: »
    They're great but only last a few years. Then the plastic breakdown. Once they start letting any condensation in chuck them get a new one. Once they are gone they are worse than any condensation visor because no matter how much airflow you let in they done clear out

Beat me to it, they have a lifespan and they are ****e once they go. Otherwise they are great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,382 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

I had one last 8 years of daily use without issue

The helmet and visor itself were well due for replacement at that stage.

Scrap the cap!

I had one last 8 years of daily use without issue

The helmet and visor itself were well due for replacement at that stage.

Jesus, that's good going. 2 years max for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,453 ✭✭✭✭blade1

I like the way Arai have improved their visors for the pinlock.
    If you can make out the lip on it,on the inside the pinlock fits into it.

IMG-20191031-122137.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,595 ✭✭✭hairyslug

Can anyone tell me what this connection is called, is it worth while keeping or should I just switch over to an SAE

hairyslug wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me what this connection is called, is it worth while keeping or should I just switch over to an SAE

That's the connection that Oxford use on their Oximiser.

The pins aren't that robust for damp conditions but replacements can easily be got.
    Other than that they are fine but SAE definitely more solid.

Looks like damp has gotten to yours.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭boredatwork82

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭boredatwork82

I got my new exhaust fitted on my Deauville. It looks much better and sounds class. Got it done in shanahan honda in Tralee. The customer service was excellent. And they also fixed my indicator switch too.

Now we just need the weather warnings to go away.

• Advertisement

blade1 wrote: »
    That's the connection that Oxford use on their Oximiser.

The pins aren't that robust for damp conditions but replacements can easily be got.
    Other than that they are fine but SAE definitely more solid.

Looks like damp has gotten to yours.

Cheers, any idea what this one is, came from China on a powered phone holder

Cheers, any idea what this one is, came from China on a powered phone holder

It's a fairly standard 2 pin connector that could be used for several things.
    Do you know if it's connected to the battery or where?

Edit: forgot you said it was connected to a phone holder.
    It's an aftermarket part that may or may not have the rest of it connected to the battery.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

The Oxford plug is actually a Tamiya Connector, originally designed for RC stuff but used a lot for chargers etc.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tamiya_connector

blade1 wrote: »
    It's a fairly standard 2 pin connector that could be used for several things.
    Do you know if it's connected to the battery or where?

Edit: forgot you said it was connected to a phone holder.
    It's an aftermarket part that may or may not have the rest of it connected to the battery.

Thanks again, it came with the female connector but that has loose wires on it, I hate messing with electrics so was hoping that there would be a plug and play piece that had the fuse and eyelets.

Thanks again, it came with the female connector but that has loose wires on it, I hate messing with electrics so was hoping that there would be a plug and play piece that had the fuse and eyelets.
    Is there something in particular you want to hook up to the bike?

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭thos

zubair wrote: »
    Jesus, that's good going. 2 years max for me.

I'm getting pissed off with my 1yr pinlock the past week.

My Shoei Neotec II helmet was letting rain water in over the top of the visor, so sent it back got it looked at and serviced.
    Gave the visor and pinlock a good clean yesterday also, time in airing cupboard trying out overnight.

Now it was a bad morning this morning, heavy rain, 7c temp, but 5mins down the road this morning and it starts fogging up from outside in. Motorway was standstill so no decent airflow in through chin vent either. No choice but to pop the visor open, but of course that just lets more rain and moisture in .... and so the cycle continues.

Not sure where I got this tip from but someone once recommended to put the pinlock in backwards and fit the visor on the lid and leave it overnight or for a few days. This bends the pinlock back in to shape and helps it seal again. I found this helped... for a while.

This was posted over in AH,just thought I'd post it here as it seems to have been started by juveniles on scramblers.

https://imgur.com/a/1x9dH40

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

As much as I have no real time for the 5-0 who the **** do the "klampetts" think they are....I hope they all get a charge including the mother and the son old and young....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭UrbanFret

Advertisement