Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

General chat thread... Links, pictures, banter etc

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭UrbanFret

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭zubair

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    That's why I could never be in a position of power. I'd be night sticking everybody in that video :pac:

I hear ya, try videoing me with broken fingers. It would be like a scene from platoon. "That's it, you're all getting maced! ", I'd mace their cat!

Very patient guard, fair play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,364 ✭✭✭bladespin

zubair wrote: »
    I hear ya, try videoing me with broken fingers. It would be like a scene from platoon. "That's it, you're all getting maced! ", I'd mace their cat!

Very patient guard, fair play.

Scummers started a petition on FB to try to have him fired etc etc Backfiring spectacularly but you should show your support for the garda, email the gardai or something.

FB post

MasteryDarts Ireland - Master your game!

bladespin wrote: »
    Scummers started a petition on FB to try to have him fired etc etc Backfiring spectacularly but you show your support for the garda, email the gardai or something.

FB post

Great point, I have done exactly that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 120 ✭✭Colm17RvB

That was a fun little rabbit hole to go down. The amount of gawbeens in that thread.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 120 ✭✭Colm17RvB

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    In the AH thread the number of people that think unless a Garda has a hat he/she is basically powerless.

Does a helmet count as a hat? :D

...What's AH...? :confused: EDIT: Nevermind, I coped it after I posted, tut tut Colm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭Cork Trucker

Idiots on the road warranted getting this, here’s hoping it’s a good one

I hope we don't get the weather you're expecting.

zubair wrote: »
    I hope we don't get the weather you're expecting.

I never venture out in the rain :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,739 ✭✭✭honda boi

Ya sticking it on the helmet or the bike itself?

• Advertisement

honda boi wrote: »
    Ya sticking it on the helmet or the bike itself?

I'll try it on the helmet first and then the bike and see which is better, it'll be a while though, i broke my hand a few weeks back and am stuck with a cast until the start of next month

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,958 ✭✭✭D3V!L

Well FML !!! :(

Me and a certain American brand of V-Twins just don't work well together. My less than 3 month old (to me) Harley Ultra Limited decided to sh*t it's coolant all over the road on Sunday.

It's been one problem after then next in the less than 2500 kilometre's Ive driven it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,087 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Get a Vstrom 1000.

Never have a problem again :D

listermint wrote: »
    Get a Vstrom 1000.

Never have a problem again :D

Wouldn't rule it out. I had some bad luck with bikes in the past but f*ck this one is in a different league.

D3V!L wrote: »
    Wouldn't rule it out. I had some bad luck with bikes in the past but f*ck this one is in a different league.

I hear ya, One of the guys in work has a brand new harley. Nothing but hassel with it and the place he bought it off. jumping through hoops.

I hear ya, One of the guys in work has a brand new harley. Nothing but hassel with it and the place he bought it off. jumping through hoops.

What sort of issues did he have ?

Mine had 2300 kilometres on it and I saved about 10k off the new list price. Thought I was getting a good deal but Jesus its been nothing but hassle. My wife bought a new one from the same place at the same time, problems with that too :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭H_Lime

What sort of issues did he have ?

Mine had 2300 kilometres on it and I saved about 10k off the new list price. Thought I was getting a good deal but Jesus its been nothing but hassle. My wife bought a new one from the same place at the same time, problems with that too :mad:

What was the cause of the coolant leak DEVIL? What else she done?

H_Lime wrote: »
    What was the cause of the coolant leak DEVIL? What else she done?

No idea and to be honest don't care enough at this stage. There's also a problem with the bike going into neutral , it can take 5 to 10 minutes to get it in sometimes. There was an issue with the RPM's dropping to below idle when coming to a stop causing the bike to stall but that was fixed. Oh and there's a lovely waterfall effect going on in all the dials where water is running down the inside of the glass.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,760 ✭✭✭horse7

Did you see the new 1050cc vstrom. https://www.cycleworld.com/suzuki-v-strom-1050/

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭banquet

I lost a set of keys and with it a datatool fob. Getting another key cut but anybody know what my options are for getting another fob/remote are? Checked their website but couldn't see any dealers in Ireland.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,453 ✭✭✭✭blade1

banquet wrote: »
    I lost a set of keys and with it a datatool fob. Getting another key cut but anybody know what my options are for getting another fob/remote are? Checked their website but couldn't see any dealers in Ireland.

eBay??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 356 ✭✭in2dark

I want to change the tyres on my vstrom. I found online the pirelli angel gt for 190 the pair.

My concern is that being an older model that was only replaced this year by the gt2 will be an issue if next year i want to change only the rear one. As in to not be able to buy it anymore.

Will it be a problem if next year i change the rear with a different model than this one? Is it a big no to have different models of tyres in the rear than the front?

Btw my mechanic is charging me 50€ for the fitting. Is it ok u reckon?

The other option is to buy the metzeler tourance next but they are more dear.

Any advice more than welcome.

I do 250 km per week for my daily commuting to work.

Thanks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,453 ✭✭✭✭blade1

in2dark wrote: »
    I want to change the tyres on my vstrom. I found online the pirelli angel gt for 190 the pair.

My concern is that being an older model that was only replaced this year by the gt2 will be an issue if next year i want to change only the rear one. As in to not be able to buy it anymore.

Will it be a problem if next year i change the rear with a different model than this one? Is it a big no to have different models of tyres in the rear than the front?

Thanks!
    It's not a big no no and €50 for both wheels is okish.

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭seamusk84

Tough few days commuting and more to come from the forecast.

Anyone else finding the roads slicker with the rain this year than years past? Seem to have way less traction for some reason last few weeks when cornering...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭two wheels good

It seems councils don't generally offer tyre disposal facilities.

A helpful Repak staff member sent me this link: Repak ELT, listing their members who "should" accept your old tyres for a small charge.
    €1.50+VAT per tyre I was told but I didn't quibble when I was charged a bit more.

seamusk84 wrote: »
    Tough few days commuting and more to come from the forecast.

Anyone else finding the roads slicker with the rain this year than years past? Seem to have way less traction for some reason last few weeks when cornering...

Change your tyres

Thanks!

Started using Bridgestone BT A40 on my vstrom 3 years ago. I can't fault them for grip. Wet or dry or wear. I do over 500 km per week commute. Kept buying them they're that good

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 356 ✭✭in2dark

Started using Bridgestone BT A40 on my vstrom 3 years ago. I can't fault them for grip. Wet or dry or wear. I do over 500 km per week commute. Kept buying them they're that good

Thank you! How often do u change them?

100% change them before you end up on your arse.

• Advertisement

Thanks!

Seems like a good price for those tyres but did you shop around, you might get a better price tyres + fitted locally.

The pirelli angels are a well known and highly recommended tyre, I have 2 mates that only use them, you won't go wrong with them. Typically you can match new and old gen tyres with no issues, I'd imagine the GT will still be here next year though, very popular.

Change your tyres

100% change them before you end up on your arse.

Advertisement