Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

General chat thread... Links, pictures, banter etc

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,739 ✭✭✭honda boi

blade1 wrote: »
    Is the strap on the right way?

Yep the strap is on the right way around

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,453 ✭✭✭✭blade1

honda boi wrote: »
    Yep the strap is on the right way around

Before bending....
    Do u have a spring puller?
    I'd try lining up the link pipe at the collector box and also the can.
    If that doesn't do it, as CJ said,It probably got pushed in at some stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭zubair

I think Honda is right, you're missing a spacer.

zubair wrote: »
    I think Honda is right, you're missing a spacer.

If yas mean this bad boy,hes there.
    IMG-20200106-141419.jpg

On looking at this,I was gonna loosen the collector box and try and fiddle with it to straighten it up.
    IMG-20200106-133105.jpg
    Looks like the bracket has broken off

Screenshot-2020-01-06-14-08-21-182-com-ebay-mobile.jpg
    The part circled isnt there anymore.
    This exhaust system(headers and collectors)were bought August 2018 and only been on for 6 months.
    Absolute joke.

IMG-20200106-141419.jpg

On looking at this,I was gonna loosen the collector box and try and fiddle with it to straighten it up.
    IMG-20200106-133105.jpg

This exhaust system(headers and collectors)were bought August 2018 and only been on for 6 months.
    Absolute joke.

Ouch!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭zubair

IMG-20200106-141419.jpg

IMG-20200106-133105.jpg

Absolute joke.

I think i meant blade. All these Japanese usernames confuse me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,087 ✭✭✭✭listermint

6months!!! jaysus..

listermint wrote: »
    6months!!! jaysus..

Hard to beat quality.
    Especially down around that area.
    Gets overlooked a lot by people when cleaning as well I'd say.

listermint wrote: »
    6months!!! jaysus..

Yep 6 months the headers and collector box.
    Black widow brand aswell. Which when I looked online about them seemed to have good reviews.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭IrishGrimReaper

The bike fell victim to the wind while I was at work yesterday happened around 2pm.. it's been fine in much worse wind fml.

I'm lucky I have sound neighbours, he picked it up for me and faced it into the wind even when it had the steering + disc lock on.

There's practically no damage at all which is mad.

Z4i9zIB.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 277 ✭✭enrique66_35

That's a sound neighbour! You were lucky there was no damage, I'd say the cover was the culprit in pulling it over.

I was lying in bed last night and the sound of the wind and rain had me wondering if I could snake the bikes into the kitchen for the night! Thankfully all was well this morning other than the chaos at the roundabout outside glanmire...

Arrow exhaust arrived for my Tuono :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 627 ✭✭✭The QuietMan

This is where i thought there was a leak in the system, seems like it might have been excess fuel in the carbs,

https://youtu.be/FgVU5zjL4Ag

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭H_Lime

This is where i thought there was a leak in the system, seems like it might have been excess fuel in the carbs,

https://youtu.be/FgVU5zjL4Ag

Hard to tell from the vid but it looks to be coming off a hose rather than an overflow from the float bowls on the bottom, assuming those mikuni have overflows.
    Screenshot-20200109-152124-com-android-chrome.jpg
    Check the hoses and pet cock and order what's goosed here
    https://www.megazip.net/zapchasti-dlya-motocyklov/honda/cbr900rr-14743/cbr900rr-cbr954rr-fire-blade-28645/cbr900rrx-713344/fuel-tank-11084409
    Don't run it anymore leaking like that imo.

H_Lime wrote: »
    Hard to tell from the vid but it looks to be coming off a hose rather than an overflow from the float bowls on the bottom, assuming those mikuni have overflows.
    Screenshot-20200109-152124-com-android-chrome.jpg
    Check the hoses and pet cock and order what's goosed here
    https://www.megazip.net/zapchasti-dlya-motocyklov/honda/cbr900rr-14743/cbr900rr-cbr954rr-fire-blade-28645/cbr900rrx-713344/fuel-tank-11084409
    Don't run it anymore leaking like that imo.

It was a very awkward area to try and record from. The bike is gone to the workshop now so it’ll be sorted hopefully. I’ll study the diagram you posted though to see if it makes sense. The thing is when I took it on a spin around the block it didn’t leak at all.

It was a very awkward area to try and record from. The bike is gone to the workshop now so it’ll be sorted hopefully. I’ll study the diagram you posted though to see if it makes sense. The thing is when I took it on a spin around the block it didn’t leak at all.

Probably floats sticking.

I'd rather ride the shīt out of a bike then have it laid up.
    Laid up seems to cause more problems than anything :o

I'd rather ride the shīt out of a bike then have it laid up.
    Laid up seems to cause more problems than anything :o

I agree with you. Once I get it back I’ll be out on it as much as possible. I only just hit the 2000 mile mark on the DL (18 months later) :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

My old Blade did exactly the same thing - sticky float valve caused fuel to run out of the overflow on a couple of occasions. I closed the fuel tap every time I got off the bike to prevent leaking. The carbs on my bike had been severely molested by a previous owner and I never managed to fix it satisfactorily - hopefully you get better results!

Unsure if i should changed the radiator or try to clean in it, given its age and how long it has lain idle.

https://youtu.be/b9wxA_9mmkk

My old Blade did exactly the same thing - sticky float valve caused fuel to run out of the overflow on a couple of occasions. I closed the fuel tap every time I got off the bike to prevent leaking. The carbs on my bike had been severely molested by a previous owner and I never managed to fix it satisfactorily - hopefully you get better results!

She's in the hands of a highly recommended mechanic who was an ex professional racer so if anyone has the know how to set up a bike this guy does. Did you not go down the line of full carb replacement or was it too costly?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,369 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Unsure if i should changed the radiator or try to clean in it, given its age and how long it has lain idle.

If it ain't broken...

Removing it for a thorough flush and external clean would be worthwhile though.

Scrap the cap!

motorcycleshop.ie discount code:
    January Sale 2020 Discount Code

Happy New Year to all our Customers!

Discount code: JANMSHOP2020

15% off everything until end of Sunday 19th 2020

Scrap the cap!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

If the float valve is leaking it can also be caused by ethanol buildup on the brass seat or deposits on the rubber of the float valve itself.
    For the former I use extra long wooden cotton buds with a small bit of autosol on the tip to clean and polish the seat, and the latter only needs a rub with a finger or a new valve if its really bad.
    Both cheap fixes.
    Of course if they are off I highly recommend getting them ultrasonically cleaned by a person who knows what they are doing, ultrasonic cleaning is not just chuck em in for 20 minutes, to effectively clean carbs they need to be moved and positioned correctly or the small passageways won't be cleaned properly which is the whole point of US.

I have also found that some carbs that use body emulsion jets have very small holes which seem to be impervious to US cleaning and need physical cleaning with a brass wire brush bristle.

CJhaughey wrote: »
    I have also found that some carbs that use body emulsion jets have very small holes which seem to be impervious to US cleaning and need physical cleaning with a brass wire brush bristle.

Like this one.
    IMG-20200110-094847.jpg
    It's like cement!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

H_Lime wrote: »
    Like this one.
    IMG-20200110-094847.jpg
    It's like cement!
    Thats the emulsion tube, the ones I was talking about are actually part of the carb body but same idea, same size holes and same problems.

85273d1447105861-tickover-problems-cure-here-dscf2932_800x600.jpg

If it ain't broken...

Removing it for a thorough flush and external clean would be worthwhile though.

Yeah i agree with the not broken bit Hopefully flushing it will solve the problem. No word yet on it.

If the float valve is leaking it can also be caused by ethanol buildup on the brass seat or deposits on the rubber of the float valve itself.
    For the former I use extra long wooden cotton buds with a small bit of autosol on the tip to clean and polish the seat, and the latter only needs a rub with a finger or a new valve if its really bad.
    Both cheap fixes.
    Of course if they are off I highly recommend getting them ultrasonically cleaned by a person who knows what they are doing, ultrasonic cleaning is not just chuck em in for 20 minutes, to effectively clean carbs they need to be moved and positioned correctly or the small passageways won't be cleaned properly which is the whole point of US.

Yeah yer man seems to know what he is doing, when i spoke to him on the phone the first thing he said he was going to do no matter what was clean the carbs. The system seems complicated

I'm clueless on the whole carb thing, i'll have to start learning

Thats the emulsion tube, the ones I was talking about are actually part of the carb body but same idea, same size holes and same problems.

85273d1447105861-tickover-problems-cure-here-dscf2932_800x600.jpg

You'd wonder how they were drilled, tiny.
    A hard lesson I've learnt is to do nothing till all o rings, suspect needles, jets, slides/guides and membrane are renewed. O rings in viton where possible.

Spent most of last summer chasing down a rich condition which turned out to be an oval emulsion tube. The needle jet was replaced by the PO so no associated wear to alert. All caused by a worn slide guide. No more chasing bst ghosts.

One thing I've seen in relation to sonic bath cleaning, you free up a load of ****e inside the carb and it must be washed out not in. Not always as easy as it sounds that.

OP, my blade the rrt model before yours had a leaky petcock assembly, they're kinda known for it ala the 600 and even the bird. Worth a look see if the floats check out.

• Advertisement

https://twitter.com/heshmatalavi/status/1215032641688346624?s=21

Video of the Teheran plane crash :(

Can anyone identify the bike? Very low redline on it, 6500???

Scrap the cap!

Advertisement