Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

General chat thread... Links, pictures, banter etc

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭zubair

I buy from them more than I do from any Dublin shops, they also regularly do 15 and 20% off offers. You can't blame them for sizing, but like you I'd rather something be the right size when I buy online hence I'll always try it on in a ship first. But typically brands stick to their own sizing standard so an A* XL is the same for all jackets etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 627 ✭✭✭The QuietMan

Lee / motorcycleshop.ie are very reasonable in my experience and good service when I bought something that didn't fit.
    Even though I'm in Dublin.. you know what they say about a well balanced Corkman, one chip on each shoulder :pac:

I’ll have to compare their online prices with that of in-store. Cork men are born with chips on their shoulder :p

zubair wrote: »
    I buy from them more than I do from any Dublin shops, they also regularly do 15 and 20% off offers. You can't blame them for sizing, but like you I'd rather something be the right size when I buy online hence I'll always try it on in a ship first. But typically brands stick to their own sizing standard so an A* XL is the same for all jackets etc.

The akito stuff is contrary, could do with the offers, I’m itching to get back out on the bike but snow is forecast tomorrow/Wednesday

Yesterday the roads weren't too bad, maybe spring is in the way.

Any idea of what gear youll get?

Yesterday the roads weren't too bad, maybe spring is in the way.

Any idea of what gear youll get?

Yeah they weren't the worst to be fair, i do try and avoid going out in the wet if at all possible, damp i don't mind, pissing is a different ball game.

As for the gear, i'm not sure, i'm riding bikes on and off since 2003 but only got my first set of gear in 2018, would alpinestars be too good for a casual rider like me?

I've to factor in a few things as well:

May:

Car insurance renewal
    Tax on all 3 bikes and 2 cars
    Baby number 8 due.
    Communion
    Confirmation, both 4 days apart of one another.

June:
    Insurance for the bikes.

Add a spanner into the works that i am somehow trying to trade in my 7 seater before the insurance policy expires, get a 9 seat VW Shuttle and acquire a busa as well as getting a few jobs more done on the blade.

Would i get much money if i traded in a well used but loyal wife :pac::pac::pac:

• Advertisement

Jesus! You won't see the light of day for another while.

Don't hate me for being the voice of reason but do you need a busa.. You have 3 bikes already and you can only ride one at a time. Get some decent gear, if you don't ride in the rain get leathers and an oversuit/ 2 piece. You'll be using the gear on every bike you ride and there's plenty of time to get a busa in the future

Jesus! You won't see the light of day for another while.

Don't hate me for being the voice of reason but do you need a busa.. You have 3 bikes already and you can only ride one at a time. Get some decent gear, if you don't ride in the rain get leathers and an oversuit/ 2 piece. You'll be using the gear on every bike you ride and there's plenty of time to get a busa in the future

That's why i rarely get out, i was part of a biker group until last month and was repeatedly laughed at for not going on full spins out (10-12 hour spins) but how could i with the kids i have, my eldest is just gone 12, come may my 5 youngest will be 3 and a half and under.

I'm definitely wanting leathers if i'm honest, i prefer them over the textile gear. The busa has been a life ling dream since they first came on the market in 1999 and 2 bikes i always wanted was one of those and a wing, which will happen in the next 2/3 years, that'll be a collection of 5, i'm done then, no more and i swear by it :D I see your point on only being able to use one at a time, the scooter is something my special needs daughter has become attached to, i'd only ever use it in my sole trip is into the city centre on a summers day. What leathers would you recommend? The only thing is i'm on medication for a newly discovered medical condition, my weight might go up or down as a result, i'm still learning about all of that though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Jaysus, you have motorcycleshop.ie so. Who needs crossans!

They are not as cheap as you think, granted you might be lucky with the 20% vouchers, and they also charge vat on helmets.

Crossans are an excellent retail unit, the delivery they use is so fast and anytime I had a problem it was fixed very quickly with no bull****.

Its a lovely spin up aswell as I said.

I'm definitely wanting leathers if i'm honest, i prefer them over the textile gear.

I was just suggesting to get the gear first if it was between the 2. You have my permission to buy a busa. But the kids will need to wait till next year to have their holy communion.

I've only owned weise and rst for leathers, both are good and reasonably priced compared to other brands.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

My pinlock nightmare continues. A part of the retaining pin popped off the pinlock and I need it replacing. I've searched ebay etc but I cannot find the exact type I need. Anyone know where I can pick up a set of this type

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,453 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Batman needs stabilisers

Screenshot-20200225-173123.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,369 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

but how could i with the kids i have, my eldest is just gone 12, come may my 5 youngest will be 3 and a half and under.

Well, whose fault is that :p

You need a bus, not a busa ;)

Scrap the cap!

Well, whose fault is that :p

You need a bus, not a busa ;)

I have no idea how babies get here :pac:

Can I need both a bus & busa :o

Probably because he fell on his snot the other day. Anyone see that vid?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭H_Lime

20200218-220732-1.jpg
    Love the disc lol!

Gosh it gets better!
    Carbon-Rear-1-copy.jpg

H_Lime wrote: »
    20200218-220732-1.jpg
    Love the disc lol!

Gosh it gets better!
    Carbon-Rear-1-copy.jpg

Who's apes are those?
    I see the speed sensor missing off the bottom one.
    Probably stopped working :pac:

Not sure, I wonder is he still alive!?

Amazing how much you can flog an angle grinder disc for on eBay these days :pac:

Scrap the cap!

Yah it looks like one lol.

503946.jpg

• Advertisement

On the subject of brakes :eek:

Screenshot-20200227-105445.jpg

blade1 wrote: »

I want it!
    I'm on the blower now to duffys, I want this option on my new gs12!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 277 ✭✭enrique66_35

blade1 wrote: »

You'd have to admire the ingenuity of it though...presumably its from a country where proper calipers etc aren't readily available due to cost.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,958 ✭✭✭D3V!L

H_Lime wrote: »
    I want it!
    I'm on the blower now to duffys, I want this option on my new gs12!!

Might be better than the new OEM offering on the 1250GS ;)

But getting a lad to carve a wooden wheel is no problem :)

Scrap the cap!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 277 ✭✭enrique66_35

But getting a lad to carve a wooden wheel is no problem :)

Feck I didn't even spot the "spokes" were wooden :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

I've a week off work, week of the 9th March, unexpected (Well I got a new job and have a week off in between) Is there anywhere I could get an IBT in or close to Dublin? I've rang a couple but no availability. My appointment with NDLS is only on the 7th, probably wouldn't make it to them before then anyway.

I don't mind who I do the IBT with, once I have that I'll be getting more lessons anyway but would be nice to get out on the road even around where I live for a bit of practice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    Saw a particularly stupid cyclist cut in front of myself and two other bikes. He though he was cut up, then at the next set of lights tried to squeeze between a bike and a bus. Ended up hitting the bike and then head-butted the buses mirror before breaking the red light. Quite bizarre watching it all unfold.

Was I he on a Look with black wheels? :o:p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Scary tbh, thats why I am like and ORANGE Blur with the high viz and spending the guts of €600 on denali D7 spots and soundbomb.....just to make it a little easier to see me, and hear me if you dont!

Advertisement