Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

General chat thread... Links, pictures, banter etc

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

Got the VRT done today, fairly painless tbh, they made me go away and print out the ferry tickets but my mate owns a garage beside the NCT centre so I popped into him and printed it. 2014 bike and 250cc it worked out at €150

€10er for a plate and all done. Went into NDLS after and got the licence sorted, IBT will be finished on 13th so I'll be on the road Paddy's weekend :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭zubair

Got the VRT done today, fairly painless tbh, they made me go away and print out the ferry tickets but my mate owns a garage beside the NCT centre so I popped into him and printed it. 2014 bike and 250cc it worked out at €150

€10er for a plate and all done. Went into NDLS after and got the licence sorted, IBT will be finished on 13th so I'll be on the road Paddy's weekend :D

Friday the 13th... I'd reschedule :-S

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭horse7

Anyone out in the bad winds yesterday,any problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭Acquiescence

horse7 wrote: »
    Anyone out in the bad winds yesterday,any problems.

I had serious trouble keeping it upright at one set of traffic lights.

May have rolled through the next few to get home. :pac:

Sketchy enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,428 ✭✭✭ZX7R

Coming southbound around nass is bad, especially when the wind is any way moderate

• Advertisement

While a very strong crosswind can be unsettling, foreign objects being blown on to the road is what we really have to worry about.... Like a trampoline for example.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,369 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Scary tbh, thats why I am like and ORANGE Blur with the high viz and spending the guts of €600 on denali D7 spots and soundbomb.....just to make it a little easier to see me, and hear me if you dont!

I got given out to when I suggested that loud pipes and loud horns save lives! :rolleyes:

Scrap the cap!

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 2,957 Mod ✭✭✭✭macplaxton

PARDON! YOU'LL HAVE TO SPEAK UP A BIT. :pac:

zubair wrote: »
    Friday the 13th... I'd reschedule :-S

Meh, I'll be sure to wave at a magpie or something :rolleyes:

:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

I got given out to when I suggested that loud pipes and loud horns save lives! :rolleyes:

By who.....not me (I dont think:confused:)

A loud horn is nothing, you only use it when you really need it. TBH the default horn on the 1290 is really weedy so needed to be changed.

As for loud pipes I still dont agree that it saves lives...I have been in my car many a time with the radion on and never heard a bike until it was beside me. Seen him alright but not hear him.

I got my slip on for two reasons none of them safety....Aesthetics, as the original is not great and sounded very underpowered for a 1300cc and for weight reduction. With all the gear on the bike like back boxes and crash bars with a full tank of juice the 1290 is heavy as **** when stationary and walking the bike.

• Advertisement

I think stock horns on all bikes are pretty crap. I can understand why someone would upgrade them as long as they don't have a hair trigger when it comes to using it.

Your point on exhausts is valid, I can't hear other bikes when I'm riding and I don't hear them in the car until they are passing. Better lighting would be a wiser investment if people want to get noticed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,087 ✭✭✭✭listermint

I think stock horns on all bikes are pretty crap. I can understand why someone would upgrade them as long as they don't have a hair trigger when it comes to using it.

Your point on exhausts is valid, I can't hear other bikes when I'm riding and I don't hear them in the car until they are passing. Better lighting would be a wiser investment if people want to get noticed.

Forward facing missiles and Gatling's..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    Considering people are stepping out in front of traffic wearing noise cancelling headphones wearing a hoodie I dont think a loud horn is going to really help :pac:

This is not 100 factual.......

You forget the nose buried into the mobile phone!

;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 627 ✭✭✭The QuietMan

Picked up these for the blade today for 40 quid, can’t go wrong really. It all came as a set so had to take it as is. My own petrol cap was tatty anyway.

2391-ECE7-7975-46-C5-B08-A-B7-B7265-ACD00.jpg

B592505-F-2-B98-4-BA6-AE78-0-FD2830-F09-BC.jpg

I hope thats the before pic :-}

I hope thats the before pic :-}

It most certainly is :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Make a chastity belt from that. :)

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭BaronVon

Good video on cornering, and using the limit point to read the approach speed for corners, worth a look.

Was at the bike show in Carrigtwohill today

8-CE99-D5-E-052-A-482-C-8-ABF-286-BDEAA2738.jpg

662128-AB-AD6-F-4-D51-880-F-A893-B98-B0-DB2.jpg

0-B6-F846-A-C1-D4-4-AAA-99-EA-E6-B808-A52338.jpg

82-D360-F8-6-F71-42-B8-9977-3-E89-D9-E0-D52-D.jpg

0783-B9-F8-5-DF8-4-C30-A07-C-2-ACEE99-FBEBD.jpg

F68-FC020-3662-4-FAC-B53-A-5-CEFDF7-C68-B4.jpg

CFA8-C28-F-6-B83-433-F-98-C7-A86-B19-DD6-FF4.jpg

BEB5-E9-DE-ABD4-4-B30-ACB5-D299-E9-ED2133.jpg

EB7-FDA98-A954-462-A-835-F-4474-E1334885.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,453 ✭✭✭✭blade1

^^^^^^^^^
    So was I.

blade1 wrote: »
    ^^^^^^^^^
    So was I.

You should have mentioned it earlier :pac: I brought the young fella. He was mad for the Goldwing :cool:

If anyone can give the big thicko on the island here advice on how to remove the top yoke on my blade I would appreciate it, if it’s too difficult I won’t go there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,210 ✭✭✭Thinkingaboutit

I got an airhorn on both my bikes, old one is still there, could just be connected up again, but I found it of use at the rare times I use it.

What gloves are people using? My richa’s were crap and no longer usable

• Registered Users Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭PCeeeee

What gloves are people using? My richa’s were crap and no longer usable

No help to you I'm afraid. I have two pairs of Richa. Winter and Summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭IrishGrimReaper

Held Race-Tex Gore-Tex Textile Glove is what I've been using for a few months now. More of a 3 season glove but perfectly fine in winter with heated grips and hand guards. Best glove I've owned so far, love them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭airhead_eire

Rope climbing gloves with a £2 woollen insert for cold days.

IBT done and dusted. Time to finally give this thing a proper run

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭PCeeeee

IBT done and dusted. Time to finally give this thing a proper run

Good man, have you a bike yet?

Advertisement