Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General chat thread... Links, pictures, banter etc

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭blade1

• Registered Users Posts: 2,570 ✭✭✭Skill Magill

blade1 wrote: »

Or evidence :D
    Judge : Son, 134km/hr?
    Blade1 : But judge, it a fake,fake gopro, it mustn't be calibrated properly
    Judge : Licence please

• Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭blu3r0ri0n

I would be buying a lottery ticket ASAP

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

Strange one today. Pulled up to the pumps to fill my bike. Flipped the face of my helmet, opened the tank cap and started filling the bike while sitting on the bike. After a few seconds I think I looked around to the pump display but must have twisted my body a little without noticing.

The next thing I know I've been sprayed with a good lash of petrol- at least a mug full. I think I must have squashed the mouth of the nozzle up against some of the gubbins on the inside of the tank something akin to squeezing the end of a garden hose. Suffice to say I got mouth, ear and eye full of petrol :/

My skin started burning straight away and my eye just started stinging beyond belief. My brother was nearby and ran to get help from the garage staff who broke out the eye wash. I had no idea if it was going to be detrimental to my eye but luckily after about five minutes the stinging began to subside. It improved from there and after about half an hour I felt okay to ride. My eye has felt a little dry all day but I'm sure there's no damage done.

I hope you can all have the benefit of my moment of idiocy, folks- if you can't pump petrol without going all Zoolander on it, I advise seeking the help of a grownup:p

• Registered Users Posts: 7,009 ✭✭✭Wossack

did well to treat it straight away! guy I know got some petrol in his ear (of all things), and long story short, needed surgery to repair his eardrum :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,281 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

That could have been nasty if you wore contact lenses

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

Similar happened to me on a quad a few years back, ever since I've been hugging the nozzle with my left hand while the right hand holds the lever on.. (sounds incredibly durty!)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Lads if I have to get a set of discs is it worth the outlay to get say EBC or similar over the generic OEM jobbies. I have a feeling that I might need a set will know tomorrow when I get it looked at and after spending a fortune on holidays things are tight at the minute.

Any where that does the discs at a good price? The likes of wemoto or similar?

Heard stories of discs warping etc etc - that was from a few years back, might be different now.. I still think I'd buy OEM tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭millingmachine

Interesting, what would cause a disc to warp?

• Advertisement

cheap Chinese manufacturing -

• Registered Users Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭blade1

No maintenance on the disc buttons would be one reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,957 ✭✭✭✭GBX

blade1 wrote: »
    No maintenance on the disc buttons would be one reason.

Besides giving the brakes a clean with proper cleaner. What maintenance is needed for discs? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,009 ✭✭✭Wossack

not much.. make sure the buttons arent binding is really it. Replace when its worn

most of brake maintenance is to do with the pads, and pistons, and making sure they are free to retract and dont bind - its overheating thats most likely yo warp a disc methinks

Speaking of.. doing things like holding on the front brake after periods of heavy use etc is a good one too - the gripped part doesnt cool as quick as the exposed, and bobs yer uncle

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Mr Sheen!

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Lads if I have to get a set of discs is it worth the outlay to get say EBC or similar over the generic OEM jobbies. I have a feeling that I might need a set will know tomorrow when I get it looked at and after spending a fortune on holidays things are tight at the minute.

Any where that does the discs at a good price? The likes of wemoto or similar?

I reckon that the oem are gonna cost more than ebc. And imo oem are better and will most Likely last longer.

Brakes are important. You have a great set of tyres on that beast don't skimp on the brakes!!

leppla wrote: »
    I reckon that the oem are gonna cost more than ebc. And imo oem are better and will most Likely last longer.

Brakes are important. You have a great set of tyres on that beast don't skimp on the brakes!!

Just need to find somewhere that does them now at a decent price....sure the last time I rang Triumph in the Mad cow they were looking for nearly €500 for a service :rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Mr Sheen!

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Just need to find somewhere that does them now at a decent price....sure the last time I rang Triumph in the Mad cow they were looking for nearly €500 for a service :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Get the part number and start ringing around and also checking online.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,227 ✭✭✭darragh o meara

A bit off the recent topic being discussed but I went over to Wales on the ferry yesterday and must've met every Honda Goldwing in Europe !! either on the ferry or in Wales itself, must've passed at least 100 If not more.. Any idea as to where they were all off too? Any of the riders I met in the ferry didn't speak English but I noticed a few UK and Irish reg bikes in the convoy out of Fishguard . I'd love to go have a look at them if they're going somewhere local this weekend. Its a bike I aspire to own in my senior years :) There was some beautiful examples in the convoy with most pulling trailers and others with trailers and sidecar.

Can't imagine what they're like to ride fully loaded....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

Why do they have trailers? What are they bringing with them?!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,227 ✭✭✭darragh o meara

AgileMyth wrote: »
    Why do they have trailers? What are they bringing with them?!

Id imagine that they are carrying camping gear etc. Not 100% sure.

I know some of these are 1800 cc but you do have to wonder what kind of power they'd have with a side car and a trailer?? Beautiful bikes all the same.

Here is a pic of one that I got on the ferry, most of them had trailers with them though:

10612933_920479891311891_6154935697549996922_n.jpg

And here is a pic of some of them waiting to get on the ferry:

1463399_919606234732590_8168143847695633053_n.jpg?oh=4aa7a4fd5d2ef2b29e3e1ea73c80aa3c&oe=546B4D37

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

All those boxes and a massive trailer and he still had to tie something to the top!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭goodlad

Check out this dopey bollox that decided to pull out infront of me today.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

What do you expect..its a BMW...they dont think normally....;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭DLMA23

goodlad wrote: »
    You called it what it is, a complete asshole

goodlad wrote: »

Seen you alright by the looks of it, just did not give a **** as its a biker. Fair play to you for not stopping and giving them a bollockin.

What do you expect..its a BMW...they dont think normally....;)

It's one stereotype that is determined to always ring true. Whenever my brother sees something like this he always says "do you have to be a sociopath to drive a BMW or do you have to drive a BMW to be a sociopath?". He says it a lot :o

I drive a BMW:(

jameshayes wrote: »

Well I've had three myself :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭Peanut2011

jameshayes wrote: »

It's ok, no one is perfect! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

Peanut2011 wrote: »
    It's ok, no one is perfect! :D

BMW drivers are, it seems.............:p

I can imagine the L driver behind asking the instructor "is it ok to pull out in fromt of motorbikes ?"...Yes thats fine....

Advertisement