Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

General chat thread... Links, pictures, banter etc

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭Acquiescence

My missus has been floating the idea of getting a bike for the past while. I've been answering her questions without trying to sway her one way or the other.

She woke up at six and has spent the last hour deciding on gear. :pac:

Her mother will kill me.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭Emmersonn

My missus has been floating the idea of getting a bike for the past while. I've been answering her questions without trying to sway her one way or the other.

She woke up at six and has spent the last hour deciding on gear. :pac:

Her mother will kill me.
    Mother-in-laws try and do that on a regular basis. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,087 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Anyone buy their Oil in bulk quantities? I do alot of mileage and just thinking it would be cheaper to buy larger qty as regular servicing oil prices are silly money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,453 ✭✭✭✭blade1

listermint wrote: »
    Anyone buy their Oil in bulk quantities? I do alot of mileage and just thinking it would be cheaper to buy larger qty as regular servicing oil prices are silly money.

€120 for 20 litres.
    But I think that's cost price.
    IMG-20200316-114103.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭H_Lime

What weight do you buy blade?

• Advertisement

H_Lime wrote: »
    What weight do you buy blade?
    10/40

Where does one go in Ireland for a 20 litre at not stupid money. I see UK supplier's but would prefer local

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

listermint wrote: »
    Where does one go in Ireland for a 20 litre at not stupid money. I see UK supplier's but would prefer local

I know you can buy Motul in 60l barrels, maybe setup a group buy and split it into 20l drums?
    I'll find out how much a 60l is.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭sonofenoch

Anyone else being met with a big smile when walking into a shop with the ol lid on :D we have our own masks!

Not sure what the bank would make of it, not tried that one yet :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

PCeeeee wrote: »
    Good man, have you a bike yet?

I did everything backwards, I got the bike, gear and even had it taxed and insured before doing IBT, all in the space of a few weeks though to be fair.

Got a Honda CBR250. Always loved CBR's and this is all I could insure on a learner permit. Hope to get a test within the year and work my onto a blade

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭PCeeeee

I did everything backwards, I got the bike, gear and even had it taxed and insured before doing IBT, all in the space of a few weeks though to be fair.

Got a Honda CBR250. Always loved CBR's and this is all I could insure on a learner permit. Hope to get a test within the year and work my onto a blade

Dunno about backwards but you're all set so.

Ya reckon?
    I think I passed him going down the road earlier :eek:

Screenshot-20200317-181242.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

Yep all set indeed and have hardly been off it since I got the IBT - this 'working from home' lark is pretty sweet.

And Blade that's not my bike :D

Yep all set indeed and have hardly been off it since I got the IBT - this 'working from home' lark is pretty sweet.

I was thinking it was you alright :D

Screenshot-20200317-193852.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 627 ✭✭✭The QuietMan

You can work your way onto a blade easy enough, for example, i went back onto bikes in July 18, passed the test in January 19, bought my blade in December 19. Fair play on getting on the road, best of luck with it :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 880 ✭✭✭mamax

Nice lookin bike, a lifetime ago I had the baby blade cbr400rr that was a mental little bike but real fun :D after that I got a rg250 gamma and survived, I'd love a spin on one now !
    The smaller bikes can be a lot of fun and a lot more dangerous, ride her gently ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭H_Lime

mamax wrote: »
    Nice lookin bike, a lifetime ago I had the baby blade cbr400rr that was a mental little bike but real fun :D after that I got a rg250 gamma and survived, I'd love a spin on one now !
    The smaller bikes can be a lot of fun and a lot more dangerous, ride her gently ;)
    Had a Gullarm myself, fantastic machine, would love a clean one again.

I've lost around 10kg since I bought my helmet and it's gone very loose. My neck is in bits for the past few days which I'm attributing to the helmet buffeting in the wind.

I can't exactly go trying on lids at the minute. :pac:

I tried on a Shark Spartan a few weeks ago which was comfortable but I've nothing to compare it to besides my own, I suppose I should just buy it and be done with it seeing as I know it'll fit. It's a bit irresponsible to be hammering around the place as it is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭IrishGrimReaper

The helmet might be broken in now from use and isn't the size for you?

On my first helmet it was a MT Flux size medium (57-58) and felt perfect but once worn enough it was slightly to big for me and gave serious buffeting. Have a HJC medium (57-58) for over a year now and it's still a perfect after thousands of miles of use.

Are you using ear plugs? they make the world of difference and might help till you buy something different.

The small screen on the bike at the time didn't help either.

The helmet might be broken in now from use and isn't the size for you?

That is also part of the problem. It's a shark d skwal and the internal padding is a bit ****te.

I do wear ear plugs.

A balaclava does rectify things but I daily the bike and it's not really practical (read:ruins my hair:pac:)

I'll probably spring for the Spartan, I'd just prefer to have done my due diligence before paying another pile of money for gear.

• Advertisement

That is also part of the problem. It's a shark d skwal and the internal padding is a bit ****te.

I do wear ear plugs.

A balaclava does rectify things but I daily the bike and it's not really practical (read:ruins my hair:pac:)

I'll probably spring for the Spartan, I'd just prefer to have done my due diligence before paying another pile of money for gear.

Balaclavas actually keep your hair , helmet ruins it.

#stylin

Ordered a white helmet when I could have gotten a carbon model model for a few quid more which seems like a mistake now that I think about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Can you not cancel the order?

Not your ornery onager

Esel wrote: »
    Can you not cancel the order?

Yeah I did for a finish. I basically just live in a constant state of buyers remorse.

Do we think the weight saving from a carbon is worth buying a colourway you don't really want?

What Helmet is it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,364 ✭✭✭bladespin

Get the knitting needles out.

MasteryDarts Ireland - Master your game!

Shark Spartan. I've actually ordered the white from another shop as they have the updated version. So I'll stick with that. I'm a ****in' disaster.

There's **** all difference in the weight. The normal one is already very light.
    1.39 Kg (fibreglass) 1.29 Kg (carbon)

You be grand :) Enjoy the new helmet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,369 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

motorcycleshop.ie discount code:

Receive a 15% discount on all orders.

Discount code: CORKSHOW20

Expires end of Tuesday 31st March 2020

Scrap the cap!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭horse7

Any good deals for crash bars?

Advertisement