Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

General chat thread... Links, pictures, banter etc

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭H_Lime

lennymc wrote: »
    a what now? LOL.

I genuinely have no idea. It's a 'retuned' r6 motor, with some top end apparently. Im sure it will feel gutless compared to the busas and thousands, but as you said in a previous post, there is a genuine enjoyment in riding a lesser powered yoke harder. One of the best spins I had was on a 94 transalp chasing some guys on twisty roads out to kells road races about 10 yrs ago. It was hilariously epic and bouncy.

I have a few practical plans for it - scottoiler, taller screen, heated grips, luggage, and will see how I get on with it in the meantime. Apparently the shock and forks are not great, so maybe a set of cartridge emulators, springs and good oil for the forks, along with some sort of a good shock at the back (need to see what fits, as apparently they don't use a linkage, and shock is mounted direct to the swingarm). Ill throw up a thread when I get it.

The just ride it like I stole it :eek:

So a 16v head then:p;)
    Rode a couple fazer thousands before and the 20v motors are real smooth, surprisingly so.
    Yeah I somehow don't imagine you'll be "slow" on it. I will predict it'll be replaced before winter with more horses tho. If I'm correct you can buy me a pint and if I'm wrong you can buy me a pint.
    Main thing is it's not nekkid, stick an mra dual screen yoke on it to extend the weather protection.

I remember doing my test on Allen's borrowed spada 250, the shock was a goner and the fun I had on that bike making any overtakes stick and having to work it was great craic. Indeed Lenny, we're spoilt and having a low power bike makes you work the ma hine and that's fun. When I'm on the Dr for a while the caponord seems like a rockets hip and the blackbird stupid fast.

Lookin forward to seeing the pics Len:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 627 ✭✭✭The QuietMan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭veetwin

a what now? LOL.

I genuinely have no idea. It's a 'retuned' r6 motor, with some top end apparently. Im sure it will feel gutless compared to the busas and thousands, but as you said in a previous post, there is a genuine enjoyment in riding a lesser powered yoke harder. One of the best spins I had was on a 94 transalp chasing some guys on twisty roads out to kells road races about 10 yrs ago. It was hilariously epic and bouncy.

I have a few practical plans for it - scottoiler, taller screen, heated grips, luggage, and will see how I get on with it in the meantime. Apparently the shock and forks are not great, so maybe a set of cartridge emulators, springs and good oil for the forks, along with some sort of a good shock at the back (need to see what fits, as apparently they don't use a linkage, and shock is mounted direct to the swingarm). Ill throw up a thread when I get it.

The just ride it like I stole it :eek:

I had one of those for 2 years back in the noughties. The only maintenance it got was petrol. I literally abused it on every single journey and it never missed a beat. Sold it for around the same money as I bought it. It was a really great bike and well able to keep up with everyone else. OK modern 1 litre bikes will murder it but I'm sure you're getting it cheap and it will be cheap to run

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,842 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

Esel wrote: »
    With a manual choke on, leaving the engine idle is not good for cylinder lubrication imo. With fuel injection, this is may not be so critical, but I still drive soon after starting the engine, rather than wait for it to 'warm up'. Keep the revs low for a few minutes of course.

Maybe The Third Man will enlighten us, but I won't be holding my breath...

quote="H_Lime;113143296" I prefer to poo poo at poo pooing in general. Your perceived poo pooing on the particular post was pertinent in particular only to the postulated protracted polemic.
    Or... I'm not going there buddy, I have no time to argue with randomers boards style over topics which don't inarest me, ymmv:) Start her up, rev her tits off with coppers lip on her pads, dot 5 in the masters and wd on yer nipples I couldn't care:pac:

Good points, my 79 Shovelhead likes a little bit of idle to get things going, but its best to get it moving soon after...that is IF you can get it to start.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Gintonious wrote: »
    Good points, my 79 Shovelhead likes a little bit of idle to get things going, but its best to get it moving soon after...that is IF you can get it to start.
    The last bit :)

Is the Shovelhead from the AMF era of H-D?

Not your ornery onager

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,453 ✭✭✭✭blade1

So so.
    Awkward to get bike in and out off.
    Won't keep condensation out 100%.

This is a better solution but the zipper is very feeble.
    https://www.louis.eu/artikel/louis-vci-fold-garage-corrosion-protection/10011346

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭lennymc

I need to get some new gear - any recommendations from people for buying helmets, gloves & boots?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

My front fork is weeping pretty badly, I'd nearly call it a leak. Anywhere I could get this looked at? I don't have stands to do it myself and tbh I'd rather just get it done as well as one or two other small jobs.

Honda CBR250, based in Dublin if anybody has any suggestions?

My role is considered essential so I am using the bike to get to the job when I need to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭IrishGrimReaper

I need to get some new gear - any recommendations from people for buying helmets, gloves & boots?
    I'd budget for each piece and take a look on Sportsbike shop and check the reviews for bits in the price range.

That said check out the Held Race-Tex gloves . I have a pair of these since last winter and I love them. They will need heated grips for winter but they'd be perfectly fine without for the current weather. Very comfortable and they should fit over/under the sleeves of most jackets.

I have an HJC RPHA 70 which I really like but the pinlock is fogging up on the left side at slow speeds in cold weather.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,087 ✭✭✭✭listermint

My front fork is weeping pretty badly, I'd nearly call it a leak. Anywhere I could get this looked at? I don't have stands to do it myself and tbh I'd rather just get it done as well as one or two other small jobs.

My role is considered essential so I am using the bike to get to the job when I need to.

I believe Moto4U Rathfarnham is operating services

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,364 ✭✭✭bladespin

Cotters (email) and City spares are both operating.

MasteryDarts Ireland - Master your game!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Just bought a scottoiler eSYSTEM so gonna fit that today.....did not want to cut pipes on the KTM (possible warranty void) so I just got the battery operated one with the display on the handle bars.

Had the standard scottoiler on all my previous bikes as for the 90 euro outlay I found them brilliant (once fitted correctly).

Will throw up a few pics when done, might even Go Pro installation (GOD FORBID)

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Just bought a scottoiler eSYSTEM so gonna fit that today.....did not want to cut pipes on the KTM (possible warranty void) so I just got the battery operated one with the display on the handle bars.

Had the standard scottoiler on all my previous bikes as for the 90 euro outlay I found them brilliant (once fitted correctly).

Will throw up a few pics when done, might even Go Pro installation (GOD FORBID)

where did you get it and how much (if you dont mind me asking). Will be in the market myself for one, and am torn between the elctronic system and the standard system

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,087 ✭✭✭✭listermint

where did you get it and how much (if you dont mind me asking). Will be in the market myself for one, and am torn between the electronic system and the standard system

id just go for standard, the size of the flexible vacuum hose and the ability to just join it back together if removed is easy. Id be frankly ridiculously surprised if it was even picked up on a service let alone used as a warranty void.

H_Lime wrote: »

There is a brand spankers one of these in Kennedy motorcycles.

There is a brand spankers one of these in Kennedy motorcycles.

They'd want me first born and left ball for it tho, soz:pac:
    Hard to quantify why I need one, falcos a better bike on many fronts but it's just so....butch lol.

An S yeah???
    Didn't think anyone went for the S.

Cagiva Raptor I'd have over it.
    Even the Cagiva Navigator.

blade1 wrote: »
    An S yeah???
    Didn't think anyone went for the S.

Cagiva Raptor I'd have over it.
    Even the Cagiva Navigator.

Was one of both of them for sale in Cork in last couple yrs. Both me and a mate were sniffing them. Lovely yokes alright but the s..... just something about it despite its many flaws. Tis a raw dish and two fingers to the Eyeties.

With a bit of wheeling and dealing I managed to get my hands on these.

Screenshot-20200416-124552.jpg

Screenshot-20200416-144842.jpg

• Advertisement

Lol yer obsessed man!! :)
    How many exh sets up you got now to choose from?
    Have to say it my fave ape rsv set up that looks so sweet. Hope the heel clears the link.

Lol yer obsessed man!! :)
    How many exh sets up you got now to choose from?
    Have to say it my fave ape rsv set up that looks so sweet. Hope the heel clears the link.

Screenshot-20200416-180234.jpg

What can I say I've a problem ok :pac:
    I've had worse problems though .:)
    They are money in the bank anyway ;)

They popped up for sale and I've being looking for a good while.
    Do you recall I picked up a carbon seat cowl in Japan a while back.
    Stuck it up for sale last night and it sold in less than an hour for €307 more than what I paid for it.:eek:
    So covered the price of the shotguns.

February's fast bikes cover a T racing with same exhaust
    IMG-20200416-124753-01.jpg

Now all I'm short is.
    Twin Akras
    A tigcraft
    A Sato
    A Smaltmoto
    And maybe a set of renegades.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭Acquiescence

A lot more bikes around Limerick today.

I'm only barely stopping myself deviating from the commute on the way home.

With a bit of wheeling and dealing I managed to get my hands on these.
    What can I say I've a problem ok :pac:
    I've had worse problems though .:)
    They are money in the bank anyway ;)

They popped up for sale and I've being looking for a good while.
    Do you recall I picked up a carbon seat cowl in Japan a while back.
    Stuck it up for sale last night and it sold in less than an hour for €307 more than what I paid for it.:eek:
    So covered the price of the shotguns.

February's fast bikes cover a T racing with same exhaust

Now all I'm short is.
    Twin Akras
    A tigcraft
    A Sato
    A Smaltmoto
    And maybe a set of renegades.:D
    Those cans are class looking.

That Ape looks great as well, credit where credit is due, your bikes are always prestine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,958 ✭✭✭D3V!L

I got to take my wife's Sportster 1200 into work the other day because my own bike is pulled apart. They're A LOT faster than it should be for its size and weight. I hit 120kph on the M1 in 4th with plenty left. It got VERY VERY scary when I pushed it up past 120 closer to an indicated 130 :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,364 ✭✭✭bladespin

D3V!L wrote: »
    I got to take my wife's Sportster 1200 into work the other day because my own bike is pulled apart. They're A LOT faster than it should be for its size and weight. I hit 120kph on the M1 in 4th with plenty left. It got VERY VERY scary when I pushed it up past 120 closer to an indicated 130 :eek:

Yep, there's good pull in them, not really a speed machine (despite the name) but tonnes of fun too, especially if you're more used to Japanese 4s.

MasteryDarts Ireland - Master your game!

:pac:

FB-IMG-1587227112521.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,958 ✭✭✭D3V!L

:pac:

FB-IMG-1587227112521.jpg

He should have removed every second one

I’ve managed to source this set of genuine mirrors for my busa. €15 for the pair of them. The right one looks a bit rough so going to get them painted the same blue as the bike. Unsure as to how deep the scratches are on the glass but I’m sure there’s a way to polish it out.

F488452-F-4379-4668-A026-FC8-D8-F21-BC4-F.jpg

2-B4-E2901-74-EA-4-A17-8762-B3747-A07-DF14.jpg

7-A5-F6-A7-F-E53-B-445-D-94-FE-EF59-F6631-D17.jpg

6-DBCE2-E4-572-B-40-D0-B947-3-D13506-DF275.jpg

F3-C13-A3-A-A9-DD-43-C8-A79-B-B90-E8-DDABE79.jpg

• Advertisement

Try a cutting compound on the glass.

Advertisement