Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

General chat thread... Links, pictures, banter etc

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,086 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Why did you want genuine , they are a bit the size of a sailboat . Suzuki always had a problem in that regard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 627 ✭✭✭The QuietMan

blade1 wrote: »
    Try a cutting compound on the glass.

Will drop into a motor factors and pick some up, I think they are reopening along with Woodies etc.

listermint wrote: »
    Why did you want genuine , they are a bit the size of a sailboat . Suzuki always had a problem in that regard.

The rest of the bike, bar the consumables is all original.

Here is blade1’s photo which gives a good look at the mirrors currently on it, LED indicators either don’t work or aren’t connected. You’re right about the sail boat mirrors, my DL feels like that but I’ve added a lot of aftermarket gear to it, won’t be doing the same this time.

1-AAB701-D-6385-4-F99-87-EC-7-B387-A0-F0803.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,453 ✭✭✭✭blade1

The rest of the bike, bar the consumables is all original.

Here is blade1’s photo which gives a good look at the mirrors currently on it, LED indicators either don’t work or aren’t connected. You’re right about the sail boat mirrors, my DL feels like that but I’ve added a lot of aftermarket gear to it, won’t be doing the same this time.

1-AAB701-D-6385-4-F99-87-EC-7-B387-A0-F0803.png

Don't forget,you actually want to see something behind you as well.
    When you'll be doing speed trials out the Carrigrohane Straight you'll want to see is there any blue lights flashing behind. :D

When you'll be doing speed trials out the Carrigrohane Straight you'll want to see is there any blue lights flashing behind. :D

I can see very little in them to be honest, I’ve done more lifesaver’s in one day on that bike than throughout my lessons and test.

Flashing blue lights you say? I had best make sure I have a full view then so I don’t distract them from more important things :pac:

That Carrigrohane straight is only about 2 miles from where I live, the western end of it is now in a terrible condition.

Could I get from the Ovens Bar at the start of the Ballincollig Bypass to the Jack Lynch Tunnel in less than 5 minutes I wonder :D

• Advertisement

I can see very little in them to be honest, I’ve done more lifesaver’s in one day on that bike than throughout my lessons and test.

Flashing blue lights you say? I had best make sure I have a full view then so I don’t distract them from more important things :pac:

That Carrigrohane straight is only about 2 miles from where I live, the western end of it is now in a terrible condition.

Could I get from the Ovens Bar at the start of the Ballincollig Bypass to the Jack Lynch Tunnel in less than 5 minutes I wonder :D

You could nearly get to Youghal in 5 minutes :pac:

Tbh I replaced my Suzuki sale boats for Aprilia touro ones . The Suzuki ones are absolutely stupid big. They don't actually allow you to see more behind you. You can see more of the horizon not more of the road. There's a difference between too big and correct size.

I can see the full road now and some more. I don't need to see horizon or 280 degrees either side of verges I've passed. :D

Tbh I replaced my Suzuki sale boats for Aprilia touro ones . The Suzuki ones are absolutely stupid big. They don't actually allow you to see more behind you. You can see more of the horizon not more of the road. There's a difference between too big and correct size.

I can see the full road now and some more. I don't need to see horizon or 280 degrees either side of verges I've passed. :D

Big difference in view on a v Strom and a hayabusa.

Also those mirrors that are on that hayabusa were useless.
    It's not even all about how much you can see with them but also nothing is clear in them.
    Tuono ones won't do the job on a hayabusa either.

The bigger the bike the more natural bigger mirrors will look.
    Smaller ones will look silly, like those micro indicators people fit.

These look fine to me any way.
    Screenshot-20200419-121722.jpg

I've seen Aprilla mirrors tried on another V-Strom, took the look off it a bit, never asked the owner how he found them or did he buy the bike like that.
    Big difference in view on a v Strom and a hayabusa.

Also those mirrors that are on that hayabusa were useless.
    It's not even all about how much you can see with them but also nothing is clear in them.
    Tuono ones won't do the job on a hayabusa either.

The bigger the bike the more natural bigger mirrors will look.
    Smaller ones will look silly, like those micro indicators people fit.

These look fine to me any way.
    Screenshot-20200419-121722.jpg
    They still are useless, i was on the Ballincollig bypass the other night on it and couldn't see much when i went "slightly" over 120kph :o They don't vibrate but they are too bloody small. I haven't hit 186mph yet unlike some others :pac::pac::pac:

Speaking of indicators, i'd love to know are they connected up, i've no idea what brand those mirrors are to discover their financial value as there is no name on them.

I was told there is a clear screen there for me as well, the dealer forgot to bring it with him but i'm due to visit him anyway with my blade once this lockdown process is over.

I'll probably take off the grab rail and put it into storage, the odds of me carrying a pillion are as good as me winning the lotto.

I've seen Aprilla mirrors tried on another V-Strom, took the look off it a bit, never asked the owner how he found them or did he buy the bike like that.

They still are useless, i was on the Ballincollig bypass the other night on it and couldn't see much when i went "slightly" over 120kph :o They don't vibrate but they are too bloody small. I haven't hit 186mph yet unlike some others :pac::pac::pac:

Speaking of indicators, i'd love to know are they connected up, i've no idea what brand those mirrors are to discover their financial value as there is no name on them.

I was told there is a clear screen there for me as well, the dealer forgot to bring it with him but i'm due to visit him anyway with my blade once this lockdown process is over.

I'll probably take off the grab rail and put it into storage, the odds of me carrying a pillion are as good as me winning the lotto.

Whatever about the view, it's that Chinese fake carbon look that's worse than anything.

Saw a newish multistrada one day with a fake Chinese akrapovic.
    Talk about what a way to make a bike look shît.
    Fair enough a lad sticking something cheap on an ol' runaround but a 20k+ bike with a €15 bean can on it. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Whatever about the view, it's that Chinese fake carbon look that's worse than anything.

Saw a newish multistrada one day with a fake Chinese akrapovic.
    Talk about what a way to make a bike look shît.
    Fair enough a lad sticking something cheap on an ol' runaround but a 20k+ bike with a €15 bean can on it. :rolleyes:

If you’re going to do something do it properly is my opinion. The mirrors look like something you’d buy on wish. Those Chinese exhausts aren’t even worth considering, the owner must have more money than sense.

Have a backup plan in place on mirrors

D091-E71-E-A976-4818-89-DD-9-D3806651-C34.png

This crowd seem good for bike parts. Over 1300 positive reviews on adverts. Just 1 negative.

https://www.jkmoto.ie/

What's the story buying and selling bikes at the moment?
    See a good few up for sale.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭H_Lime

Do u risk it for a biscuit is the question..

H_Lime wrote: »
    Do u risk it for a biscuit is the question..
    Nah!
    I'd prefer not to.

What's the story buying and selling bikes at the moment?
    See a good few up for sale.

Seeing it myself as well at the moment. I had to make the move on the busa, I’m not a man with a lot of luck plus another party was interested in it,

People in the likes of Debenhams & Oasis who have permanently lost their jobs would be stuck for cash in these times more than others.

In other news, the forks on my blade gave up the ghost, lost all fluid and got stuck. The way it’s going it’ll have more 2020 parts than a new one :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭Acquiescence

I always have half an eye on DD and there's a set of leathers after going up for what seems like very good value.

I'm trying to convince myself not to buy them. I've never been near a track and don't have a bike that's track-able, or any skill and the way things are going who knows when I'll even get the full licence.

But sure, if I get the leathers then everything else will follow right? :pac:

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    Gah went to start the bike just get it up to temp. Battery was flat. Can you bump start a modern bike or is that something you dont do? I do have a battery jump pack

You can bump start , there is a real nack to it though. if you have a jump back use that - easier.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

This crowd seem good for bike parts. Over 1300 positive reviews on adverts. Just 1 negative.

https://www.jkmoto.ie/

Just looking at the tools, I know there will be bike specific tools for me and I'm a sucker for buying tools, I wouldnt be arsed with the ratchets he has, they're terrible (all those types are the same) but other things look ok. You could probably buy the socket sets and then buy a decent ratchet

• Advertisement

Just looking at the tools, I know there will be bike specific tools for me and I'm a sucker for buying tools, I wouldnt be arsed with the ratchets he has, they're terrible (all those types are the same) but other things look ok. You could probably buy the socket sets and then buy a decent ratchet

I bought a Lidl toolbox for €90 in 2018, still dues the job perfectly. I bought a pair of paddock bobbins off him alright. Good turn around

:rolleyes:

AB358-C9-D-DD66-4-CD2-B2-A9-364-E66-A3-DCDC.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

I bought a Lidl toolbox for €90 in 2018, still dues the job perfectly. I bought a pair of paddock bobbins off him alright. Good turn around

I'm a bit of a disaster with tools....

A fool and their money and all that, although this one was actually a gift. And yes I'm well aware that's the wrong type of bike for this forum :pac:

Just got my insurance renewal quote from Carol Nash.
    5 bikes
    Fully Comp €373
    TP fire and theft €218
    TP only €175

5 bikes
    Fully Comp €373
    TP fire and theft €218
    TP only €175

Thats good. Is it down on last Yr?

:rolleyes:

:DAB358-C9-D-DD66-4-CD2-B2-A9-364-E66-A3-DCDC.jpg
    New stanchions for you my friend. Wemoto sell em.

Thats good. Is it down on last Yr?

Down a tenner (fully Comp)
    I usually have to ring them though to tell them they have to do better.
    Then they ask me how much would I be willing to pay.
    I don't take the piss, I tell them it has to be under 400 and they come back with something like last year's 383.
    I probably won't even ring at that price.

I'm a bit of a disaster with tools....

A fool and their money and all that, although this one was actually a gift. And yes I'm well aware that's the wrong type of bike for this forum :pac:

A bicycle? I condemn you to hell :pac:

That’s a nice gift, I must tell the wife buy me one :D

New stanchions for you my friend. Wemoto sell em.

Got a good one in a breakers yard, will post photos of it later. I’ll get the old one sent to the UK for re-chroming

• Advertisement

5 bikes
    Fully Comp €373
    TP fire and theft €218
    TP only €175

Give AXA a shout, they underwrite they CN policy anyway. I’d be surprised if they can’t beat it

Advertisement