Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

General chat thread... Links, pictures, banter etc

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Blanchy90

lennymc wrote: »
    police helicopters on non scheduled flights?

maybe it's an old wives tail.

I've seen garda and coast guard. I've seen them more regularly since the lockdown started, that could be because I'm home more though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭lennymc

the coastgaurd have a base at Dublin airport. Not sure about the Gardai - i think they are based at Casement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 627 ✭✭✭The QuietMan

Blanchy90 wrote: »
    Im only a couple of km from the airport and I see plenty of helicopters
    lennymc wrote: »
    police helicopters or scheduled flights?

maybe it's an old wives tail.

Would Garda/CoastGuard helicopters not take priority over a commercial flight if the same airspace was required? I know little about this aviation stuff.

Weather permitting i'll be removing most of the panels on the blade to clean hard to reach spots with good ol jizer, any recommendations on that polish is best for the body panels themselves? I tried autosol last night on the can and a tiny bit made a serious difference, the frame will get it at some stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭zubair

Weather permitting i'll be removing most of the panels on the blade to clean hard to reach spots with good ol jizer, any recommendations on that polish is best for the body panels themselves? I tried autosol last night on the can and a tiny bit made a serious difference, the frame will get it at some stage.

I use autosol on the downpipes but never use it on anything else. Not sure you'd want to use it on the frame but others can probably advise better.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,453 ✭✭✭✭blade1

zubair wrote: »
    I use autosol on the downpipes but never use it on anything else. Not sure you'd want to use it on the frame but others can probably advise better.

Probably not much good on the lacquer on any metal but would work wonders if the peeling lacquer was removed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

H_Lime wrote: »
    Lads who's delivering tyres at the mo other than crossans? Cotters site says closed?

https://www.oponeo.ie/?gclid=CjwKCAjw4pT1BRBUEiwAm5QuR_n0qgbgytsNj-q2K2xAi0ClmxM9uGjGnPISAw74_HMaFclc0_DMKxoCjLAQAvD_BwE

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

On plastic panels silicone spray is very good. And good old STP in the ocean wave scent is so nice.....makes you wanna spray it just for the smell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭H_Lime

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Never used em before but a workmate swore by them.
    Ended up ringing crossans in the end, I like being able to ask the fella to pick out the youngest tyres for me:cool:
    Should have em Tuesday and will throw em on.

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    On plastic panels silicone spray is very good. And good old STP in the ocean wave scent is so nice.....makes you wanna spray it just for the smell.

STP? Christ there's a blast from the past :pac: I forgot they even existed anymore :o I'll check it out, nice one Wonda :D

• Advertisement

zubair wrote: »
    blade1 wrote: »
    Probably not much good on the lacquer on any metal but would work wonders if the peeling lacquer was removed.

I'll do the harpic trick on the down pipes first, then the autosol.

I actually don't have any lacquer peel oddly enough, just the patches of oxidising under the surface. I'll eventually try and polish that with a dremmel.

If the lacquer was removed are you talking about the chrome affect?

I posted on another internet forum that i was considering changing out my ART can for something better looking and came across what i think is a scorpion can with a blue flame styling, little did i know i now have some people making enquiries to me about the availability of the can. I was hoping to find an oem an of that era but alas none can be found. I'm now having second thoughts on it all and just machine polishing it to bring it back up to standard.

I posted on another internet forum that i was considering changing out my ART can for something better looking and came across what i think is a scorpion can with a blue flame styling, little did i know i now have some people making enquiries to me about the availability of the can. I was hoping to find an oem an of that era but alas none can be found. I'm now having second thoughts on it all and just machine polishing it to bring it back up to standard.

Feckin hell Blade will you leave him alone, yer not allowed his art can for your collection:pac:

Feckin hell Blade will you leave him alone, yer not allowed his art can for your collection:pac:

There's a Tigcraft on the other side of the world but the shipping is stupid money :mad:

Those welds though yum yum yum :pac:

There's a Tigcraft on the other side of the world but the shipping is stupid money :mad:

Those welds though yum yum yum :pac:
    Now yer talking, none of that akra crap;)

I’m getting more private messages on Facebook wanting to do a swap for my ART can? Am I missing something here?

I’m getting more private messages on Facebook wanting to do a swap for my ART can? Am I missing something here?

They would have been at the lower end of the scale back in the day.
    Microns and even D&D would have been more popular.
    Not sure if or why they would be sought after these days.

Nostalgia. They were the ubiquitous can of every bandit and cbr in the ninties and noughties. Fellas might be looking to resto mod to whatever they had.

H might have a valid point in what he’s saying. This is the latest message
    606-EDC95-1-C10-4-EDD-AAB6-693-D125-D906-E.jpg

Nostalgia. They were the ubiquitous can of every bandit and cbr in the ninties and noughties. Fellas might be looking to resto mod to whatever they had.

I recall Scorpion’s being put on nineties CBR’s in the early 00’s

• Advertisement

H might have a valid point in what he’s saying. This is the latest message
    I recall Scorpion’s being put on nineties CBR’s in the early 00’s

Yes, I'm aware of that.
    In the days when you'd receive a Demon Tweeks catalogue free in the post they were advertised in them all the time.

I don't think you've stumbled upon the Holy Grail or anything though.
    If you've no personal affection towards it just go with which exhaust you want yourself.

It's not going to make a shred of difference to the monetary value, or desirability of your bike down the line imo.

Quality wise the Scorpion would be the better.

You could always keep both exhausts.
    It's not a crime to have more than one exhaust is it? :pac:

I have a friend who half joking predicted that one day fellas will be hunting them down for period mod restos!

Blade have to agree art weren't the best. Used to regularly blow up on 1L twins, literally. If they didn't explode they'd blow their packing out the arse and became obnoxiously loud.
    Mind you, better than some of the craic lads be doing today cutting zorsts in half and calling the hacked result a "shorty":o

Anyway, it's no akra:pac: but ere's a pic of my bird post fitment of a full titanium moriwaki zero four into one. In the photo she's finished being tuned by Jog in Kerry.
    20160826-172259.jpg
    Iirc it saved 13+kg over stock, filter access was perfect, centre stand was retained and jog got +16hp with infamous 5k blackbird dip now flipped upside down. Oh and its a quiet exhaust.
    A nice 40th bday prezzie that was.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Moriwaki are lovely exhausts, a bit of a forgotten name these days TBH

CJhaughey wrote: »
    Moriwaki are lovely exhausts, a bit of a forgotten name these days TBH
    I think they still sponsor wsb but yeah deffo leser spotted. They have a long race heritage akin to yoshimura imo.
    This particular one was on Dave Hancocks blackbird and was bought by Honda for him. I bought it from them. The welding and hand bent headers are beautiful.

What I like about this system is that it was developed for stock induction, jetting and advance and shows just how much a good tuning hse can optomise over a mass produced item. There is no dips anywhere now and is faultless off the bottom.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

I think they still sponsor wsb but yeah deffo leser spotted. They have a long race heritage akin to yoshimura imo.
    This particular one was on Dave Hancocks blackbird and was bought by Honda for him. I bought it from them. The welding and hand bent headers are beautiful.

What I like about this system is that it was developed for stock induction, jetting and advance and shows just how much a good tuning hse can optomise over a mass produced item. There is no dips anywhere now and is faultless off the bottom.
    I remember Graeme Crosby racing for Moriwaki.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭lennymc

jesus - people actively looking for ART cans!! LOL

i had one back in the day on a bandit, it was the epitome of the 'Loud cans save lives' message, farting and popping all over the place.

Had an sv1000 with twin arts, that was twice as loud (not really) and used to set off every car alarm in the area.

I have a friend who half joking predicted that one day fellas will be hunting them down for period mod restos!

Blade have to agree art weren't the best. Used to regularly blow up on 1L twins, literally. If they didn't explode they'd blow their packing out the arse and became obnoxiously loud.
    Mind you, better than some of the craic lads be doing today cutting zorsts in half and calling the hacked result a "shorty":o

Anyway, it's no akra:pac: but ere's a pic of my bird post fitment of a full titanium moriwaki zero four into one. In the photo she's finished being tuned by Jog in Kerry.
    20160826-172259.jpg
    Iirc it saved 13+kg over stock, filter access was perfect, centre stand was retained and jog got +16hp with infamous 5k blackbird dip now flipped upside down. Oh and its a quiet exhaust.
    A nice 40th bday prezzie that was.

Ya had me up to this point :pac:

Seriously though nice bit of kit alright.
    Looks like you're at jog tuning in pic, yeah?

Edit you said you were at jog in post :rolleyes:

Ya had me up to this point :pac:

Seriously though nice bit of kit alright.
    Looks like you're at jog tuning in pic, yeah?

Edit you said you were at jog in post :rolleyes:
    He is my preferred option by a mile, the man knows his trade and any time I go there I come away realising I don't know sh*t. I'll be bringing him the red Dr for a sniff to set set up the carbs 100%. Likewise once I get the 36mm mikunis in the ball park.
    If you need custom mapping on yer fleet you won't go wrong with him Blade.
    *when I say quiet it is at lower rpm but basier. When you give it some tho, not so much.
    The bike is currently having some work done
    IMG-20200425-174757.jpg

He is my preferred option by a mile, the man knows his trade and any time I go there I come away realising I don't know sh*t. I'll be bringing him the red Dr for a sniff to set set up the carbs 100%. Likewise once I get the 36mm mikunis in the ball park.
    If you need custom mapping on yer fleet you won't go wrong with him Blade.
    *when I say quiet it is at lower rpm but basier. When you give it some tho, not so much.
    The bike is currently having some work done
    IMG-20200425-174757.jpg

John did my Zzr about 5 years ago.
    Bit of a character :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭IJS84

Anyone here do servicing at home? What do u do with the engine oil after you've changed it?
    Do local councils take it at an amenity site? I've the Deauville stripped down and going to change to oils while I'm at it and was wondering what to do with the oil after wards

Advertisement