Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

General chat thread... Links, pictures, banter etc

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 182 ✭✭Philipx

IJS84 wrote: »
    Anyone here do servicing at home? What do u do with the engine oil after you've changed it?
    Do local councils take it at an amenity site? I've the Deauville stripped down and going to change to oils while I'm at it and was wondering what to do with the oil after wards

I keep the oil containers and fill them with the waste oil, local recycling centre takes them

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11 Maxpower15

lennymc wrote: »
    jesus - people actively looking for ART cans!! LOL

i had one back in the day on a bandit, it was the epitome of the 'Loud cans save lives' message, farting and popping all over the place.

Had an sv1000 with twin arts, that was twice as loud (not really) and used to set off every car alarm in the area.

Had one on my own Bandit 1200 for years and loved it. Christ it was loud.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 627 ✭✭✭The QuietMan

Well that’s the issue with the busa stand sorted

B3-FA3683-F70-F-4-D14-8178-434040-F58-A43.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭H_Lime

Yo QM!!
    There was some busa yoshi stainless tri ovals on de dundeal last night my man, verrry nice. Get out the wallet!

H_Lime wrote: »
    Yo QM!!
    There was some busa yoshi stainless tri ovals on de dundeal last night my man, verrry nice. Get out the wallet!

Seen them and the trailer. Both of which I would love. The blade repairs and busa purchase combined with my car insurance renewal this week, bike tax x 4 tomorrow plus baby number 8 being due in 3 weeks make it a remote possibility. Only for this fúcking pandemic i probably would have the coin alright. To say I’m depressed about it would be accurate. I do like bargains

• Advertisement

Seen them and the trailer. Both of which I would love. The blade repairs and busa purchase combined with my car insurance renewal this week, bike tax x 4 tomorrow plus baby number 8 being due in 3 weeks make it a remote possibility. Only for this fúcking pandemic i probably would have the coin alright. To say I’m depressed about it would be accurate. I do like bargains

Bummer but good reasons not to be blowing wedge on zorsts:o

Bummer but good reasons not to be blowing wedge on zorsts:o

Oh I would love to, don’t get me wrong :(

The V-Strom is being stubborn :mad:

36959357-3-A00-4805-B758-DF57-C3-BAF72-D.jpg

If that's at rest its likely shagged.
    What numbers are you getting at idle and 4k?

It wouldn’t start for me at that reading, it dies now but I think the reading is still low. 18 month old yuasa battery with 1500 miles on it.

4696142-A-F652-487-F-8-F3-C-6758-E1581-E6-C.jpg

• Advertisement

After having fully charged it and left it rest for a couple hrs you do not want to see v drop below 12.6 min.
    It may struggle to start it.

Save yourself hassle and put in a new one. Get back with voltage levels at idle and 4k.
    You want 14 to 14.5 v ideally. Time to read up on mosfet rec reg transplant into that bike if much lower.

I plugged it out just after the last photo last night, plugged it back in this morning and this is the result.

Disappointing if I ha d to replace the battery on it again. The battery it replaced was the genuine Suzuki one put into it in the factory.

0-F8-AED10-C1-A8-40-E3-831-D-0-E21-C6549385.jpg

Ya hear yuasa ain't what it used to be. I've had a few go to the scrap man lately alright but I wasn't using the bikes and perhaps not trickling as much as I shoulda.
    Bear in mind you rr could be suspect also.

The state of play with things is that the most the battery will go to when the engine is off is 12.7v, turn on the ignition and it drops to 11.5, turn on the engine and it hits between 13.5-14.0 but nothing more. I'm unsure if the battery is directly to blame, rather indirectly, i do have a lot of stuff connected to it and this may be partially to blame, i might actually need a bigger or second battery.

Will post the photo of what's connected to the battery later on, all of the connections were done by a professional business.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Anyone any experience with an early model Fazer 1000?.

My son sold his Ducati and looking at spending smaller money on an older bike for a change, he doesn't feel the expense of later bikes with all the bells and whistles is worth it and tbh I largely agree with him.

He'd be looking at 2003'ish

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

Anyone any experience with an early model Fazer 1000?.

My son sold his Ducati and looking at spending smaller money on an older bike for a change, he doesn't feel the expense of later bikes with all the bells and whistles is worth it and tbh I largely agree with him.

He'd be looking at 2003'ish

Know a lad with one..huge milage, only starting to show some negatives now....but bullitproof by his account...

Yeah I'd concur, they are a very sound piece of kit, should be a very different animal to him after coming from a gs. Very smooth engine with loads poke, respond very well to an ivans kit.
    I worked on one for a mate and ended up really liking it.

Lorra stuff goin on there QM, I'm guessin there's an alarm, heated grips, sat nav and is that an led flasher relay on the left?
    Has she the stock rr or is that thick red going to live with inline fuse a separate loom for a mosfet?

There’s heated grips,spot lights,led lights for the panniers & top box,a gear position indicator,battery voltage meter,a tracker well hidden. My posts from an old account are around here somewhere? She was completely stock when I got her, and never messed with.

This is it in ‘As Received’ condition in 2018

FC246292-C115-4196-8546-BB4-CCA598836.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,453 ✭✭✭✭blade1

This is for H Lime

Screenshot-20200503-183254.jpg

blade1 wrote: »
    This is for H Lime

Screenshot-20200503-183254.jpg
    Ah sigh, I miss her.... :o
    RSV1.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,086 ✭✭✭✭listermint

There’s heated grips,spot lights,led lights for the panniers & top box,a gear position indicator,battery voltage meter,a tracker well hidden. My posts from an old account are around here somewhere? She was completely stock when I got her, and never messed with.

This is it in ‘As Received’ condition in 2018

FC246292-C115-4196-8546-BB4-CCA598836.jpg

All of these things are on my bike, I killed the Stator on it. There is a high chance your Stator may have a burnt coil or will have one soon.

It should not be eating through batteries, if it is they are not being charged fully.

I had to swap out my Stator and upgrade to a Mosfet regulator. This was after 2 years ownership of the bike. The removed stator had burnt out coils on one side when i took it out. Similar to you the bike was giving me some jip for a few weeks with battery on and off and on and off. One day just died at the side of the road on a home commute.

You may get away with just Mosfet regulator but it looks similar to mine tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭lennymc

Ah sigh, I miss her.... :o
    RSV1.jpg

So do I apparently. Had a dream last night you gave me a loan of this to do a baja style race around coolock.....

listermint wrote: »
    All of these things are on my bike, I killed the Stator on it. There is a high chance your Stator may have a burnt coil or will have one soon.

It should not be eating through batteries, if it is they are not being charged fully.

I had to swap out my Stator and upgrade to a Mosfet regulator. This was after 2 years ownership of the bike. The removed stator had burnt out coils on one side when i took it out. Similar to you the bike was giving me some jip for a few weeks with battery on and off and on and off. One day just died at the side of the road on a home commute.

You may get away with just Mosfet regulator but it looks similar to mine tbh.

The Stator on my sv1000 failed after a while - i had to have the bike on charge every night or it would die. Not sure if they changed the design for the strom - but it was well documented in sv land.

Managed to get out for an essential 60k spin on the fazer at the weekend, lovely day for it.
    Impressions

- seating position is nice, i changed the screen to a slightly taller double bubble, and it makes such a difference for me, no buffeting etc which was there with the original screen.
    - Handling - I'm rusty, so wasn't getting anywhere near the limits of the bike, but it tracked nicely through the corners, not as soft as some bikes i had, not as planted as others. Tyres are about 50% worn, so a new set will help here eventually. I didnt see any fork oil changes in the history, and at 45k kms im sure the rear shock is tired, but for tipping around and not going balls out, it should be fine.
    - Power, no real bottom end, no real midrange, kind of comes alive over 11k rpm, but it's all relative. Most of my riding was on bigger bikes, so i guess for a smaller bike, when you work the gearbox and rev it, it is lively enough.
    It was comfortable enough, and im looking forward to getting to know it better when the lockdown ends.

lennymc wrote: »
    Managed to get out for an essential 60k spin on the fazer at the weekend, lovely day for it.
    Impressions

- seating position is nice, i changed the screen to a slightly taller double bubble, and it makes such a difference for me, no buffeting etc which was there with the original screen.
    - Handling - I'm rusty, so wasn't getting anywhere near the limits of the bike, but it tracked nicely through the corners, not as soft as some bikes i had, not as planted as others. Tyres are about 50% worn, so a new set will help here eventually. I didnt see any fork oil changes in the history, and at 45k kms im sure the rear shock is tired, but for tipping around and not going balls out, it should be fine.
    - Power, no real bottom end, no real midrange, kind of comes alive over 11k rpm, but it's all relative. Most of my riding was on bigger bikes, so i guess for a smaller bike, when you work the gearbox and rev it, it is lively enough.
    It was comfortable enough, and im looking forward to getting to know it better when the lockdown ends.
    Ah super stuff Len! It's no gixer but sure when you bring it to holeshot and have it charged she'll be a revelation:pac:
    A new set of tyres and brake hoses if not braided will make her a different bike. Set up the sag front and rear as at your probably standard jap weight being a fit mofo.
    Ps: stay the fook off my mille and I don't like you riding it baja stylee OK!! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,008 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Need to get a gasket for my FZ1. Tried Danfay this morning but they keep dialing out. I know there likely busy. Do Danfay ship out - Ive no way to get there to collect. Any suggestions on where else even online - not overly urgent but would prefer not to be waiting till xmas :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Anyone remember Eric Galbraith from Danfay (he could still be there)? He used to race in the 70s.

Not your ornery onager

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

Esel wrote: »
    Anyone remember Eric Galbraith from Danfay (he could still be there)? He used to race in the 70s.

Knob.............:D

Advertisement