Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

General chat thread... Links, pictures, banter etc

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Got a good deal here from Sean Delaney & Son in Glanmire, Cork.

EE0188-DE-BF3-F-4-D0-D-A7-DC-9-EBD93-CFA86-B.jpg

How much are the 4L of oil Q Man?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 627 ✭✭✭The QuietMan

blade1 wrote: »
    How much are the 4L of oil Q Man?

€28+vat

It’s the high spec stuff. Everything in the photo was bought for Just over €100

CJhaughey wrote: »
    In fairness they are good to deal with, I've dealt with them before for stuff and was very happy with their service and prices.

I will be returning. It was a housemate of a fellow Cork boardsie made me aware of them doing the products.

Breezin wrote: »
    Brilliant. Still have a pillion, and an extra seat for the sprog. Well tied on, of course! :P

You’d want some balls to try that :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,121 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

Took the Super Four out for a spin this morning. Barring unforeseen circumstances, I'll be putting her up for sale soon enough.

Will be heartbroken to see her go tbh, she's my first bike and has been an absolute star. Next to perfect reliability wise, allowed me to learn on a very forgiving bike while also being enough fun for the first few years.
    Have also gotten a lot of nice comments about her too, complimented in how tight her engine still is, comments from nostalgic former Super Four owners, and also had it noted that there's so few of them around these days.

I must have blown some dust off the speedo, there's something in me eye :pac:

• Advertisement

Might as well have been

82-C32-EEF-17-CE-483-E-A2-C1-D3446-B5-F3-A3-F.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,252 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

Okay, someone help me figure this out.

A Batwing fairing for a Dragstar 650 costs anywhere between €140 and €190, for just the fairing, no screen or mounting bracket included.

Very few places that sell the fairing also sell the mounting bracket, and from what I can see only one place in the EU sells all 3 together for £597.80

Why on earth does it cost so much for the brackets?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭NickNickleby

Greetings All,

Family member lives in US and has a collection of bikes. Two of them are HD RoadKings. Apparently they are to a Police specification, one of the things I remember is the extra electrical capacity eg higher output alternator.

Anyway, he's coming home and is wondering would he make a few shekels bringing them home to sell. So, I'm trying to ascertain if there might be any interest in these over here. They're both 10 years old and one has 33k the other has less. Apparently ex-cop bikes are not a sought after item over there - which strikes me as strange, surely they're better maintained. I've been promised pics, which I'll put up when I get them. Bear in mind, I'm not trying to sell them for him, just looking for opinions from people better informed than I am:).

All thoughts welcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭Banana Republic.

Greetings All,

Family member lives in US and has a collection of bikes. Two of them are HD RoadKings. Apparently they are to a Police specification, one of the things I remember is the extra electrical capacity eg higher output alternator.

Anyway, he's coming home and is wondering would he make a few shekels bringing them home to sell. So, I'm trying to ascertain if there might be any interest in these over here. They're both 10 years old and one has 33k the other has less. Apparently ex-cop bikes are not a sought after item over there - which strikes me as strange, surely they're better maintained. I've been promised pics, which I'll put up when I get them. Bear in mind, I'm not trying to sell them for him, just looking for opinions from people better informed than I am:).

All thoughts welcome.

Looking forward to the pictures, sounds interesting. Dependent on parts and the accessibility to them. If easily attainable then he should be able to sell the bikes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,739 ✭✭✭honda boi

Well guys,
    Need to pick up a set of tyres for the gsx 1400.
    Where is the best place to buy and fit? Rang cotters and they charge €22 a tyre to fit if I buy there tyres . Price sound right ?
    Also any recommendations on tyres?
    Right now have Bridgestone on it with about 11,000km on both tyres.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Nabidana

Took the Super Four out for a spin this morning. Barring unforeseen circumstances, I'll be putting her up for sale soon enough.

Will be heartbroken to see her go tbh, she's my first bike and has been an absolute star. Next to perfect reliability wise, allowed me to learn on a very forgiving bike while also being enough fun for the first few years.
    Have also gotten a lot of nice comments about her too, complimented in how tight her engine still is, comments from nostalgic former Super Four owners, and also had it noted that there's so few of them around these days.

I must have blown some dust off the speedo, there's something in me eye :pac:

Forgive my innocence, Jimmy.

What's a super four?

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭micknail

Nabidana wrote: »
    Forgive my innocence, Jimmy.

What's a super four?

Honda, Inline 4 cylinder, 400cc
    https://www.motorcyclespecs.co.za/model/Honda/honda_cb400_super_four_10.htm

Only realised now the insurance quotes thread got robbed and sent to a forum far away!

Does the liberty insurance website quote calc actually work for anyone?
    I used it about 2 years ago and it was perfect, now, just tells me to ring the office.

micknail wrote: »
    Only realised now the insurance quotes thread got robbed and sent to a forum far away!

Does the liberty insurance website quote calc actually work for anyone?
    I used it about 2 years ago and it was perfect, now, just tells me to ring the office.

If I remember correctly, I think awhile ago they got alot stricter on quotes now. Especially for new riders.

honda boi wrote: »
    If I remember correctly, I think awhile ago they got alot stricter on quotes now. Especially for new riders.

Well I have 3 years experience at this stage, and used it before, but I've heard it not working for a good few people at all now.

It was very handy to get a rough quick estimate on a bike for sale etc.
    Very antiquated to only have the option of ringing in this day and age.

micknail wrote: »
    Well I have 3 years experience at this stage, and used it before, but I've heard it not working for a good few people at all now.

It was very handy to get a rough quick estimate on a bike for sale etc.
    Very antiquated to only have the option of ringing in this day and age.
    I actually just tried it there.
    I had a provisional licence for about 8 /9 years and got my full licence last year so have that one year now.
    I inputted my full licence for 1 year and my usual 6 years no claims. Nope the system won't give me a quote , but when I say I have my licence longer then a year it will give me a quote.
    Used to be a very handy site for getting quotes for bikes you were going to look at

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭IrishGrimReaper

Wouldn't give me one this year either. Renewed in May. It worked last year.

It's so ****e compared to their online car quote system which is probably the best of all insurance companies.

Anyone ever buy a bike from U.S. and get it shipped to Ireland?
    Too much hassle/cost???

Anyone ever buy a bike from U.S. and get it shipped to Ireland?
    Too much hassle/cost???

Funny you should ask: ...
    Greetings All,

All thoughts welcome.

If and when we get an idea about this, I'll post it here. Still waiting for the photos. I know he's pricing a container -would you believe- for shipping stuff home. Without the bikes, there probably won't be a need for a container. So, watch this space :pac:.

Funny you should ask: ...

If and when we get an idea about this, I'll post it here. Still waiting for the photos. I know he's pricing a container -would you believe- for shipping stuff home. Without the bikes, there probably won't be a need for a container. So, watch this space :pac:.

He's not in California by any chance?

• Advertisement

He's not in California by any chance?

No , sorry about that, Florida. any further and he'd be in Galway:pac::pac:

Weather permitting I have a date with a peregrine falcon

81471-A20-0-C31-4-CE2-B54-F-82-B8-AE6-CC452.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

Can I ask what you paid for the ratchet spanners?

Can I ask what you paid for the ratchet spanners?

You can of course. €21.95 on motorcycleshop.ie

You can of course. €21.95 on motorcycleshop.ie

Thanks, gonna order some now myself

Thanks, gonna order some now myself

Check in Lidl I got a lovely ratchet set for 14.99 there two weeks ago. They are well worth looking into. Got some great tools there lately, these screwdrivers in the picture we’re around 14.99 too and a socket set for 19.99. My mates have used them on their bikes already, super handy and good quality.

Back pads were nearly new, front were fairly old though.

18-DDE3-B2-47-E8-4-AEC-ACA2-06-C97624218-B.jpg

80239-ACD-37-B6-44-D8-9-C44-3-E3-D8855-D82-E.jpg

D1975058-D839-46-A5-975-A-2-EC07145-AD82.jpg

Check in Lidl I got a lovely ratchet set for 14.99 there two weeks ago. They are well worth looking into. Got some great tools there lately, these screwdrivers in the picture we’re around 14.99 too and a socket set for 19.99. My mates have used them on their bikes already, super handy and good quality.

The one from motorcycleshop is a bigger set so I'll go for that. The Lidl socket set is fairly comprehensive for the price, bit of a bargain but I don't like the ratchet, too bulky and not enough teeth for me. My mate bought the set, grand for small jobs though. Certainly good to have and when the ratchet wears out you could replace with a better one while keeping all the sockets and bits

The one from motorcycleshop is a bigger set so I'll go for that. The Lidl socket set is fairly comprehensive for the price, bit of a bargain but I don't like the ratchet, too bulky and not enough teeth for me. My mate bought the set, grand for small jobs though. Certainly good to have and when the ratchet wears out you could replace with a better one while keeping all the sockets and bits

That’s it indeed, handy to have to build up a tool set. Good foundation to start from and work from there. Always worth a look out. I’ll post anything I see down there. Handy for the smaller jobs and DIY stuff in general.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,252 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

The wheel I ordered was cleared by customs last Thursday evening. An Post still haven't delivered it and damned if I can find the phone number to get on to Customs.

Advertisement