Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

General chat thread... Links, pictures, banter etc

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,958 ✭✭✭D3V!L

IJS84 wrote: »
    Ger does great work in fairness, I've seen his work up close and few guys I know wouldn't go beyond him. I got work done a few years ago by IG car solution on FB.
    Definitely worth a chat with imo.

He fixed a bad scratch on the back of my old Harley Ultra Limited. Matched the factory paint perfectly and it was a custom flake. You couldn't even tell there was anything there before !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 627 ✭✭✭The QuietMan

Anyone around Cork, this is on tomorrow, note the change of location.

29148885-FBA2-4-AEE-9-C97-D3850-AC2097-E.jpg

DD01798-C-07-D5-41-B5-9279-4-F07-F153-E835.jpg

IJS84 wrote: »
    Ger does great work in fairness, I've seen his work up close and few guys I know wouldn't go beyond him. I got work done a few years ago by IG car solution on FB.
    Definitely worth a chat with imo.

He gave me a detailed price to repaint my blade, when I look at what’s involved I probably should’ve brought my moped to him 2 years ago. Either way that’s something I’ll have to get done again in the long term to get it back to the right colour so I’ll give him a shout for it.

D3V!L wrote: »
    He fixed a bad scratch on the back of my old Harley Ultra Limited. Matched the factory paint perfectly and it was a custom flake. You couldn't even tell there was anything there before !!

I’ve seen some of his work at his shop, he really is gifted, nationally he has won awards for his work I think and is known internationally. He’s at it 40 odd years I think. Have you before and after photos?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭H_Lime

Did good work on both my dr's:)

• Advertisement

Out on the blade twice earlier, On the first journey I thought I heard what sounded like the whining you’d get from a wheel bearing but was unsure. Roll onto the second journey and on 2 occasions I got a wobble on the rear wheel only, i haven’t had a chance to look around now since it’s lashing? Does it resonate with anyone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Out on the blade twice earlier, On the first journey I thought I heard what sounded like the whining you’d get from a wheel bearing but was unsure. Roll onto the second journey and on 2 occasions I got a wobble on the rear wheel only, i haven’t had a chance to look around now since it’s lashing? Does it resonate with anyone?

Sounds like bearings alright.
    If doing them don't forget a there's a 3rd one in the sprocket carrier.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭H_Lime

Get down to reliance in little isl QM, and buy one of those cheapo chinky bearing pullers, nice n easy
    IMG-20200612-131445.jpg

blade1 wrote: »
    Sounds like bearings alright.
    If doing them don't forget a there's a 3rd one in the sprocket carrier.

I’ll have to learn to get the wheel off first :pac: all balls racing the best for bearing kits?

H_Lime wrote: »
    Get down to reliance in little isl QM, and buy one of those cheapo chinky bearing pullers, nice n easy
    IMG-20200612-131445.jpg

Cheers H

I’ll have to tackle it myself. Spent far too much on labour in the last 2 years

• Advertisement

Big turn out for that young lad this morning

ABB2-E3-A2-0-C08-478-C-BE4-A-0-BB7-DA6-B3168.jpg

6-DBA5-D04-8-BB1-4-EBE-9-E45-000304-BC1384.jpg

all balls racing the best for bearing kits?

Nah.
    Go Jap!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,252 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

Big turn out for that young lad this morning

Disgusted I didn't make it along. Slept like hell and wasn't up on time to make it.
    Friend of mine working nearby said it was a massive turnout

Nah.
    Go Jap!

oem?

Sonics2k wrote: »
    Disgusted I didn't make it along. Slept like hell and wasn't up on time to make it.
    Friend of mine working nearby said it was a massive turnout

This was my second such run of that kind in 8 months, I missed the Christmas one through injury. Yeah it was huge, 200 bikes I’d say.

oem?

Any jap ones.
    Whatever about headstock or swingarm bearings,it's better to go with higher quality wheel bearings.
    You don't want the ones in the front wheel collapsing.

Have you established it was the bearings that were your problem?
    Probably better to do them either way.

All 5 bearings here.
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/283236836594

Any jap ones.
    Whatever about headstock or swingarm bearings,it's better to go with higher quality wheel bearings.
    You don't want the ones in the front wheel collapsing.

Have you established it was the bearings that were your problem?
    Probably better to do them either way.

All 5 bearings here.
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/283236836594

Nice one for the link, i'll get those, any other bearings i might as well do or get done as i'm at it? headstock/swing arm etc? I haven't fully established if it is the cause but there does seem to be play, i had a look this morning before i went out. After sitting for nearly 2 decades it's best to change the lot.

Folks, perhaps a silly question, but I can't seem to find an answer online and I figure many here will have been in the same boat.

Effectively, I have a full (car) driving license. I passed the theory test today for the motorbike. I am wondering, do i have to do the whole eye-sight report, confirm address, etc. etc. again? The only reference i can find on their site is on the application form where it says..

"If the address has changed since your last learner permit was issued, you must provide evidence of new address"

But I presume that's aimed more at people who never got a full license, and are just renewing their learner permit again? I presume that I will have two separate driving licenses for the time being (a full car and learner bike) and both will be taken and amalgamated into one when I apply for the full bike license (assuming i pass the test etc.)?

Cheers to anyone able to offer clarification here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Kopparberg Strawberry and Lime

Folks, perhaps a silly question, but I can't seem to find an answer online and I figure many here will have been in the same boat.

Effectively, I have a full (car) driving license. I passed the theory test today for the motorbike. I am wondering, do i have to do the whole eye-sight report, confirm address, etc. etc. again? The only reference i can find on their site is on the application form where it says..

"If the address has changed since your last learner permit was issued, you must provide evidence of new address"

But I presume that's aimed more at people who never got a full license, and are just renewing their learner permit again? I presume that I will have two separate driving licenses for the time being (a full car and learner bike) and both will be taken and amalgamated into one when I apply for the full bike license (assuming i pass the test etc.)?

You might have to do eyesight again

But to get the learner when you already have a full licences in another category they just use the information from there to verify you and issue the learner once you hand in your cert from theory test

I suppose the handiest thing to do is call NDLS and ask. ?

But you shouldn't need a full medical.

Sometimes the eyesight report can depend when your last one was handed in so you may need one or you may not

• Advertisement

You might have to do eyesight again

But to get the learner when you already have a full licences in another category they just use the information from there to verify you and issue the learner once you hand in your cert from theory test

I suppose the handiest thing to do is call NDLS and ask. ?

But you shouldn't need a full medical.

Sometimes the eyesight report can depend when your last one was handed in so you may need one or you may not

Oh i intend to call them in the morning, but it was just in my head at the moment and figured it'd do no harm to ask :)

I appreciate your reply by the way. Does clear things up a bit :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 277 ✭✭enrique66_35

You shouldn't need a new eyesight report if you submitted one for the car licence previously, they'll port the same info across for the learner but could give them a ring to confirm if you prefer. For what its worth I didn't need a new eyesight report when getting my learner permit for the bike and it had been over ten years since I submitted the eyesight report for the car licence.

And yeah you're right you'll get a separate green learners permit to go in the wallet with the pink full car licence. Can combine them when you pass the bike test down the line.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,086 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Dont think you need the eye sight report, i dont recall having to get one. But then again last week feels like 9 years ago. So i dont know where im at.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,958 ✭✭✭D3V!L

New bike day for myself and my missus next Wednesday. I made a decision with my head and got another BMW 1250GSA and then she sees an R9T identical in every way to her old one, so she's getting that too. The best thing is we'll finally be able to travel where we want :D

I'd say this yoke would be some craic.
    How about ya H Lime?
    Would ya like a cut off that? :eek:

Screenshot-20200625-061658.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

Exposed oil coolers scare me but that is a super cool looking beast

Exposed oil coolers scare me but that is a super cool looking beast
    Can you tell what it is?

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Nabidana

Lovely spin today.