Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General chat thread... Links, pictures, banter etc

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

I'd pay to see an Ape on that Ape pulling a full on powerslide through a gravel bend at full chat in third.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭H_Lime

blade1 wrote: »
    I'd say this yoke would be some craic.
    How about ya H Lime?
    Would ya like a cut off that? :eek:

Screenshot-20200625-061658.jpg

Scary notion that haha. 120 rwhp on knobs with under 5" inch travel:pac:
    Had red Dr offroad during the week with 45hp and 9.5" travel and I shat myself as usual when I get cocky
    Springfield.jpg
    1.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,252 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

Contacted Motea about the batwing fairing. Apparently it won't be shipped until 29th September of this year, so I've cancelled it and requested a refund.

Can't afford the Memphis Shades batwing fairing so the hunt resumes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 627 ✭✭✭The QuietMan

Lads can someone educate me on this. Have the new oil and gasket. Once I disconnect the clutch cable and remove the bolts, is it just a case of straight off or are there other components I need to disconnect behind it? Need to get the thing painted.

BB4-FD2-E4-4532-4263-A6-EA-5-A493-EC111-BF.jpg

Lads can someone educate me on this. Have the new oil and gasket. Once I disconnect the clutch cable and remove the bolts, is it just a case of straight off or are there other components I need to disconnect behind it? Need to get the thing painted.

Whatcha doin QM? Ya changing the clutch pack?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭blade1

The cover should just come off.
    A rattle can would do a perfect job on that or are you planning on getting it painted somewhere?
    If you are, a couple of lads on here could probably pick you up one of those blades whole for the price of the paint job.:D

H_Lime wrote: »
    Whatcha doin QM? Ya changing the clutch pack?
    Morning H,

No no, clutch pack is absolutely, fine, well i hope it is after doing my first burn out over the weekend :pac:

Just need to get this, the generator cover & water pump cover painted, have all the gaskets ready to go.
    A rattle can would do a perfect job on that or are you planning on getting it painted somewhere?
    If you are, a couple of lads on here could probably pick you up one of those blades whole for the price of the paint job.:D

Jasus i'm only in the door and he's at me already :pac::p

I was going asking Ger Conlon to do it, if a boardsie can help out in return for a few quid i'd go for that option as well.

Ahh but his ain't tope or calf scour yellar;)

As me esteemed colleague mentions undo the bolts and note the length vs the position its come from so it goes back whence it came upon reassembly.
    There may be a dowel or two I can't remember but don't use a screw driver to prize it if she's stubborn.
    If yer swapping the frictions soak em in oil before hand. And remeber the rule a gasket can't gasket unless everythings clean.

Morning H,

No no, clutch pack is absolutely, fine, well i hope it is after doing my first burn out over the weekend :pac:

Just need to get this, the generator cover & water pump cover painted, have all the gaskets ready to go.

Jasus i'm only in the door and he's at me already :pac::p

I was going asking Ger Conlon to do it, if a boardsie can help out in return for a few quid i'd go for that option as well.
    QM, YOU ARE TO DO THIS YER BADSELF:)
    If yer super anal bring the cover into a decent motor factor and they'll colour match it in an aerosol. Buy some light abrasive and a can of primer, lacquer if you're feeling ambitious. Thirty quid all in. Very doable buddy and will set ye up for more down the line.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Kopparberg Strawberry and Lime

A very windy and wet morning

But I still did it

Passed the "A" test in mulhuddart this morning with only 1 minor fault

Well pleased !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,121 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

Congrats!

Now to follow the tradition of handing off your L vest to the next learner for free, so they save a few bob.

H_Lime wrote: »
    QM, YOU ARE TO DO THIS YER BADSELF:)
    If yer super anal bring the cover into a decent motor factor and they'll colour match it in an aerosol. Buy some light abrasive and a can of primer, lacquer if you're feeling ambitious. Thirty quid all in. Very doable buddy and will set ye up for more down the line.

I’m tempted to try it I must admit. I’m not fussy on 50 shades of black :pac:

New boots needed for my DL

D98694-FB-3711-415-A-8454-06-A0-CC40-BEC8.png

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭IJS84

Lads for anyone looking for cheaper petrol.
    Sign up for MAG (I know ��) €20 for the year. Wait for an email with member number - usually 24 hours.
    Register for the group scheme discount, they have a circle k fuel card offer, save 5c a litre on petrol, fill in the application form and bank details.
    Fill up, scan the card, (card takes 2 weeks to come out.
    money is taken by direct debit every 2 weeks. The money saved on petrol will pay for the mag membership and some over the year. Sign up for the fuel card is available up to July 5th

I'm hunting (and saving) for a Blackbird, but I've been made aware of the X-11.

They seem to have most of the Blackbird's good points (silly power, reliability, comfort), is missing some wind resistance but makes up for it with better city-driving ability. But they're also a lot rarer (and a fair whack cheaper) than the bird.

Anyone on here have any hands-on experience (or mates who've had one) with them?

100% confirmation to steer clear of Motea. Their Facebook page and email teams are giving two completely different answers, with a delivery dates ranging massively.

They just emailed me saying they've cancelled the order.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Sonics2k wrote: »
    100% confirmation to steer clear of Motea. Their Facebook page and email teams are giving two completely different answers, with a delivery dates ranging massively.

What bike is it again that u want the fairing?

Bought a radiator from them in February for my blade, had no issue with the product or service.

Bought a radiator from them in February for my blade, had no issue with the product or service.

I've heard so many mixed things, but I decided to bite the bullet. After a week of nothing I emailed them and was informed it would be delivered at the end of September. In the meantime I heard back from them on Facebook who said end of July.

Email team just got back to me and said they'd cancelled it entirely after speaking to them on the phone and saying "Don't cancel it, let's see if it comes by the end of July"
    What bike is it again that u want the fairing?

Batwing fairing for a Dragstar 650.

Finally after 6 weeks it arrived.

8-B748-BB5-2-A2-E-4764-A292-6-CDE74851-F4-F.jpg

• Advertisement

I've heard so many mixed things, but I decided to bite the bullet. After a week of nothing I emailed them and was informed it would be delivered at the end of September. In the meantime I heard back from them on Facebook who said end of July.

Email team just got back to me and said they'd cancelled it entirely after speaking to them on the phone and saying "Don't cancel it, let's see if it comes by the end of July"

Batwing fairing for a Dragstar 650.

Ive just received an order after 6 weeks from another company that would usually have taken 2 at best. The coronavirus has rocked the delivery world big time on top of everything else. If you can get it elsewhere great, if not might be worth trying again

Ive just received an order after 6 weeks from another company that would usually have taken 2 at best. The coronavirus has rocked the delivery world big time on top of everything else. If you can get it elsewhere great, if not might be worth trying again

Ill be honest and say I got a bit worried. When I initially ordered it it was a 5 to 10 day delivery, then all over the place. The completely different communication I got from them really put me off, each channel given different information.

I see DXMoto have them in stock, so may try them.

Ill be honest and say I got a bit worried. When I initially ordered it it was a 5 to 10 day delivery, then all over the place. The completely different communication I got from them really put me off, each channel given different information.

I see DXMoto have them in stock, so may try them.

A miscommunication between colleagues clearly, not professional but it can happen. I’ve never heard of DX Moto, will give it a look.

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭OhToBeByTheSea

Could someone please recommend me a good rear stand? I'll be using it on my own so I need a good quality one that will hold the weight of the bike (cb1000r) as I move it. Ta.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭Banana Republic.

Bought my first Motorbike Helmet today in Doherty Motorcycles in Mayors Walk, Waterford
    LS2 Storm FF800 Matte Black €135 PINLOCK included, delighted with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,008 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Bought my first Motorbike Helmet today in Doherty Motorcycles in Mayors Walk, Waterford

Very nice lid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Kopparberg Strawberry and Lime

Very nice indeed

I like the way they are finished Matt like now. Really look good

I got stuck with a Airoh helmet last week for 175 , nearly the same except mine is pin lock ready , so extra for the piece itself when I get a chance. Which is well worth it too as I've found already

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭Banana Republic.

Very nice indeed

I like the way they are finished Matt like now. Really look good

I got stuck with a Airoh helmet last week for 175 , nearly the same except mine is pin lock ready , so extra for the piece itself when I get a chance. Which is well worth it too as I've found already

The pinlock came with my helmet so delighted with the price and I just inserted it. Wasn’t buying anything without a pinlock.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

Both forks have started to leak on my NC. Should I just replace the Dust and oil seals or should I buy a full kit with sliders bushings washers etc. Full kit is around 60 euro not including oil. So not too steep

Can anyone tell me if this set covers both forks or just one fork
    https://www.motorcycleshop.ie/all-balls-racing-fork-oil-seal-and-dust-seal-set-57776-p.asp

• Advertisement

Had arranged to go see (and likely buy) a Blackbird on Saturday. Looked absolutely perfect, mint condition, luggage, the works.

Got my finance sorted, mate sorted to come check it with me...

Got a text this evening that it had just been sold. Bit gutted, but them's the breaks.

Advertisement