Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General chat thread... Links, pictures, banter etc

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭H_Lime

IMG-20200911-141848.jpg
    Aww yea that tickles me greatly:pac:
    Detent on the ball end means no more bluetac holding on awkward bastid stainless bolts.
    Diggin these I have to say
    IMG-20200911-132101.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,253 ✭✭✭goblin59

H_Lime wrote: »
    IMG-20200911-141848.jpg
    Aww yea that tickles me greatly:pac:
    Detent on the ball end means no more bluetac holding on awkward bastid stainless bolts.
    Diggin these I have to say
    IMG-20200911-132101.jpg

Think i know what I'm getting dad for christmas now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

Oh I like them, link?

*gets debit card

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Wera-Tools-Brightly-Colour-With-Socket-Holding-Function-Ball-Allen-Key-Hex-Set/183162335992?pageci=a35c5f76-f01a-48a2-8ac5-6da733b5d6a0&epid=2288623230
    Catch rounded bolts that were slipping with my draper not so expert t handles in the background. Ball end broke off the no 5 lately and said fook that they're for retirement.

Actually screw tool academy they just bumped up the price on them over 6gbp, I paid 25 which did seems cheap.
    Next cheapest I can find is https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/WERA-HOLD-FUNCTION-Hex-Plus-9-Pce-Multi-Colour-Ball-End-Hex-Allen-Key-Set-022210/370079573838?hash=item562a76274e:g:2jAAAOSwMvtZTO0J

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 277 ✭✭enrique66_35

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Wera-Tools-Brightly-Colour-With-Socket-Holding-Function-Ball-Allen-Key-Hex-Set/183162335992?pageci=a35c5f76-f01a-48a2-8ac5-6da733b5d6a0&epid=2288623230
    Catch rounded bolts that were slipping with my draper not so expert t handles in the background. Ball end broke off the no 5 lately and said fook that they're for retirement.

Actually screw tool academy they just bumped up the price on them over 6gbp, I paid 25 which did seems cheap.
    Next cheapest I can find is https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/WERA-HOLD-FUNCTION-Hex-Plus-9-Pce-Multi-Colour-Ball-End-Hex-Allen-Key-Set-022210/370079573838?hash=item562a76274e:g:2jAAAOSwMvtZTO0J

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Wera-Tools-Coloured-Hex-Allen-Keys-Long-1-5mm-10mm-In-Holder-Storage-Box-/362822793138 - £26 from Tool Acadmey here....not sure what the difference is from your link above..

• Advertisement

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Wera-Tools-Coloured-Hex-Allen-Keys-Long-1-5mm-10mm-In-Holder-Storage-Box-/362822793138 - £26 from Tool Acadmey here....not sure what the difference is from your link above..

That set doesn't appear to have the detent in the ball end for holding stainless bolts and despite saying long they aren't or I should say the set I got are longer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭blade1

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Not the same lads.
    Screwfix have the same as h limes as well but they can be got a bit cheaper on eBay.

blade1 wrote: »
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Not the same lads.
    Screwfix have the same as h limes as well but they can be got a bit cheaper on eBay.

Think that what I said above? :p

Think that what I said above? :p

Wasn't directed at you H lime.
    Just reiterated in case anyone was buying them.

Wasn't directed at you H lime.
    Just reiterated in case anyone was buying them.

As an apriliasti:cool: you might dig em as the stock allens on em are very soft I find. These bite into the the corners, the ball ends allow a greater angle too than my teng and draper expert ones. Would like these in t handles I must admit!

• Advertisement

As an apriliasti:cool: you might dig em as the stock allens on em are very soft I find. These bite into the the corners, the ball ends allow a greater angle too than my teng and draper expert ones. Would like these in t handles I must admit!

Yep, perfect for my cam cover bolts which a couple were rounded on my factory red lion, when I went to do valve clearances.

Draper is muck imo.
    These days anyway.

Ordered a set.
    €34.78 delivered.
    Good shout H Lime! :)

Ordered a set.
    €34.78 delivered.
    Good shout H Lime! :)

Cam cover bolts are exactly what I was thinking about, would like some as sockets too. I have a header bolt on the dr which was beginning to round and I just removed it with these. The teng allen wouldn't touch it:eek:

goblin59 wrote: »
    Think i know what I'm getting dad for christmas now

Don't forget the Wera Advent Calendar :D

https://www.bike24.com/p2378072.html

Had two horsey types express dissatisfaction at my existence.

What's the law or is there laws surrounding motorcycles and horses?

What I do is move right over, slow down and clutch in.
    Have no desire to stop (unless of course the horse is an obstruction) as had a horse go fookin bat shyte rearing up when I did this once yrs ago. Not doin that again.

Have no desire to stop (unless of course the horse is an obstruction) as had a horse go fookin bat shyte rearing up when I did this once yrs ago. Not doin that again.

Yeah move right over and clutch in if possible at around 10mph.
    Plenty of horses near me.
    I suppose as long as u don't surprise them.

Yeah move right over and clutch in if possible at around 10mph.
    Plenty of horses near me.
    I suppose as long as u don't surprise them.

Yeah the lead horse of the two went into a flap and started hopping about the shop whilst rider two vented.
    Coasted past at about 15kph and shrugged at yer man. No feckin way am I stopping while 400 odd kg of horse is losing it.
    Had three dogs chase me earlier too, one was the try and bite the front wheel type too! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭PCeeeee

Yeah the lead horse of the two went into a flap and started hopping about the shop whilst rider two vented.
    Coasted past at about 15kph and shrugged at yer man. No feckin way am I stopping while 400 odd kg of horse is losing it.
    Had three dogs chase me earlier too, one was the try and bite the front wheel type too! :eek:

They were being gob****es. Certain horsey types are entitled twits.

That said you just don't know with horses. Even one who is fine with bikes usually can take a notion some days and act up. My womans horse takes a set on gates randomly and it's scary sitting up there and they panicking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 873 ✭✭✭spiggotpaddy

It's stop, switch off your engine and dismount, curtsey, remembering to keep your eyes below jodhpur level whilst commending their fine steed. Remount the nasty motorcycle and carry on.

Here's the aa on it.

https://www.theaa.com/driving-advice/safety/horses-on-the-road

I remember myself and a mate parked up the bikes and went on the lash in a village up the country years ago.
    Got familiar with a bevy of stable workers from the local stud.
    Ended up going back to the house they were all sharing and staying the night :D

Nothing to do with your situation H Lime but thanks for the flashback! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭Banana Republic.

Similar I was practicing the first week (only 3 weeks now but feels like a long time ago lol) Dog started chasing me as I was trying to go through the gears, the same woman has her dogs running wild when I walk with my mate and his dog. Animals hearing is so much better it drives some of them crazy. The last thing I needed at the time lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭zubair

Some of my random animal encounters. Beeped at the rabbit because there was a truck behind me in the left lane.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,007 ✭✭✭✭GBX

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    Where do people get number plates for their bikes? I dont like any dealer info on my plates so I want to get plain ones. The one on my bike is 200x180 which I cant see on Eirplates.

Got one done in Southside Motor Factors, Kylemore Road before. Was plain. Not sure if they do them online.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 627 ✭✭✭The QuietMan

Where do people get number plates for their bikes? I dont like any dealer info on my plates so I want to get plain ones. The one on my bike is 200x180 which I cant see on Eirplates.

You’re like myself, I never leave any dealer plates and stickers on anything I have, car or bike. I’ve been like that since day one.

Here’s where I get my plates, never enough issue.

https://printpoint.ie/printpoint/number-plates-ireland

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭zubair

Same as you boyos, I heat gun the stickers off my car and remove the reg plate sleeves. I hate advertising for these guys and adding tack to the car or bike, to the point that I still haven't bought a new plate for my bike but put a reflective sticker on it over the dealers details.

I used to buy mine online but found the local motor factors very good and they could show me how it would fit on the plate before printing. No difference in price.

Here's another place where I got my last one.
    No problems with them and made to suit.

https://www.donedeal.ie/motorbikeextras-for-sale/motorcycle-bike-number-plates/10226369

• Closed Accounts Posts: 627 ✭✭✭The QuietMan

Lads what’s the cost of the VRT booking in the NCT Centre? As the bike is over 30 years old I know there’s no VRT due, but obviously I have to the NCT a fee?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

Lads what’s the cost of the VRT booking in the NCT Centre? As the bike is over 30 years old I know there’s no VRT due, but obviously I have to the NCT a fee?

I dont think there is a fee. Usually its only the amount that you can calculate on revenue.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,253 ✭✭✭goblin59

some pictures from camping this weekend along the west of ireland.

Seriously windy on Saturday night.

I was using the weekend as a test for packing for longer trips across the Alps so i could see if I was missing anything or could handle the weight of the bike.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,121 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

goblin59 wrote: »
    some pictures from camping this weekend along the west of ireland.

Seriously windy on Saturday night.

I was using the weekend as a test for packing for longer trips across the Alps so i could see if I was missing anything or could handle the weight of the bike.

She looked well loaded! How'd ya find handling with the weight?

Also, you're rocking the Forma Adventures as well?

Advertisement