Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General chat thread... Links, pictures, banter etc

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Once had a clutch cable snap on me at the start of a (lashing wet) ride home from work on a Friday evening. Rode home with no clutch, rode into town on the Saturday morning to get a new cable and back home to fit it, then back into the shop again because they'd given me the wrong cable :rolleyes: but this time I brought the tools so I could fit it outside the shop!

Just start the bike in neutral, get it rolling a bit with your feet and bang it into first. Then you can go up and down the box no problem, although changing down can be a bit jerky. Either slip it into neutral at the last moment at a red light, or use the kill switch if you have to to stop, then put it into neutral.

Could not even attempt any of that I have a tendon in my ankle thats ripped....it was a 5 minute screaming match getting my boot on and off. Eating Difene and solpadeines like they are M&Ms.

Big thanx to boards crew of Chism, Leppla and Dorannoel for all the help getting sorted....even got supplies on the side of the road, Hunky Dorys and a bottle of 7up never tasted so good!

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Mr Sheen!

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Could not even attempt any of that I have a tendon in my ankle thats ripped....it was a 5 minute screaming match getting my boot on and off. Eating Difene and solpadeines like they are M&Ms.

Big thanx to boards crew of Chism, Leppla and Dorannoel for all the help getting sorted....even got supplies on the side of the road, Hunky Dorys and a bottle of 7up never tasted so good!

Wonda was the subject of a candy red vfr rescue.

Any excuse for a get together and a bit of a laugh.
    Many thanks to chism for supplying the tae!!

Have the use of a lovely 2010 VFR800 for the day, they really are a super bike. Ultimate tourer really I suppose, down on torque a bit from what I am use mainly accelerating on from decent speed but more then capable of getting points on the old pinky!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,296 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Fair play lads, I must remember to post any time I'm stuck on the side of the road!

Cienciano wrote: »
    Fair play lads, I must remember to post any time I'm stuck on the side of the road!

Yeah do post myself and chism will gladly go out to laugh at you LOL

In all fairness that's another great thing about biking that I love!

• Advertisement

You aint in the "CIRCLE OF TRUST" m8.....

:pac::pac::pac::pac:

You aint in the "CIRCLE OF TRUST" m8.....

:pac::pac::pac::pac:

Ohhh, that hurts :pac:

Finally got my bike taxed. Felt like it was taking the píss going around with a 2011 tax disc!

• Registered Users Posts: 35,064 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Joey - The Man Who Conquered The TT is on RTE1 at 22:35

© 1982 Sinclair Research Ltd

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

phwaor! look at this lucky b@stard: (credit to the mirror)

jameshayes wrote: »
    phwaor! look at this lucky b@stard: (credit to the mirror)

Seen this on biker and the paper were making him out to be some super de duper hero fella that stunted the bike under the truck!

Looks to me he was flying along and grabbed the front brake while turning and low slided, was pure chance he went under the truck the way he did. Lucky is not the word

• Advertisement

If he was in a car he was fupped. . . . Bikes must be safer!!

leppla wrote: »
    If he was in a car he was fupped. . . . Bikes must be safer!!

Must have been a women in the truck

:eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,782 ✭✭✭P.C.

I love a story that has a happy fairytale romantic ending.

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭goodlad

d5850fe879c9c996c7cac9e5f31e440f8748e73eeb7cfb7c349a9b2e95387da1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

750cc, 6 Cylinder 2 stroke.

fap_fap_fap(1).jpg

Off to Megabikes tomorrow to try on some Alpine Stars boots an Schubert lids.
    Then off to cotters to try on Sidi boots and Shoei lids. Will see what i end up buying.

Im really digging the Schubert SRC system so deffo leaning towards the S2

• Registered Users Posts: 35,064 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Do Cotters have a good selection of Shoei lids? I still haven't got over the closure of Mountjoy Motorcycles :(

© 1982 Sinclair Research Ltd

Do Cotters have a good selection of Shoei lids? I still haven't got over the closure of Mountjoy Motorcycles :(

Was in there today they have all the different styles not many colours in each one all the same. But I am sure they can get which ever one you want. The GT Air is one sexy lid.....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Well I'm a proper outlaw biker now (not really).. Picked up my first penalty points last night ~ caught doing 72kph in a 50 zone :o

It'll be Dutch Gold instead of Druids Cider for the next few week, €80 down the pan :mad:

Well I'm a proper outlaw biker now (not really).. Picked up my first penalty points last night ~ caught doing 72kph in a 50 zone :o

It'll be Dutch Gold instead of Druids Cider for the next few week, €80 down the pan :mad:

Nasty one. Where abouts was it? What type of camera? Assuming you were pulled in for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Nasty one. Where abouts was it? What type of camera? Assuming you were pulled in for it.

Dublin 3, don't want to say too much. And yup, pulled over for it and had no escape route or plan lol.

Camera was one of those mobile gun things.

I've talked me way out of loads, but it was traffic corp so I just decided to take it on the chin.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭Skill Magill

goodlad wrote: »
    Im really digging the Schubert SRC system so deffo leaning towards the S2
    How much for both? Are the headphones loud?

How much for both? Are the headphones loud?

The lid is 480 and the SRC system is 300.
    This is the SRC system:

https://www.louis.ie/artikel/srcs-s2/20013460?list=13104885

I have watched loads of reviews and all are brilliant.
    It was 2 speakers VS 1 that an aftermarket system would have.

I found this review really good.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭gerrowadat

The lid is 480 and the SRC system is 300.
    This is the SRC system:

https://www.louis.ie/artikel/srcs-s2/20013460?list=13104885

I have watched loads of reviews and all are brilliant.
    It was 2 speakers VS 1 that an aftermarket system would have.

I found this review really good.

I've been using a Cardo system that has stereo speakers (and you can use your own) - how well-regarded are they? I've not been using mine long but have found it grand.

Yeah i was looking at the cardo system for the shoei lids a few minutes ago.
    Looks like a great system and is more of less the same price as the Schuberth system. Price difference in the lids is really what its coming down to tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭gerrowadat

Yeah i was looking at the cardo system for the shoei lids a few minutes ago.
    Looks like a great system and is more of less the same price as the Schuberth system. Price difference in the lids is really what its coming down to tbh

I use the Qz in a shoei multitec (so kinda the budget version of what you're looking at). Seems decent so far, and claims to work in most lids. My yoke had some handy crevices right at the ears that the phones went right into.

Looks like fcmoto have the lid, comms and boots im after in stock in the sizes I want everything. I fired them off a mail and asked for the best price on all 3

• Advertisement

I got my Scala rider G9 for less then €300 for the pair.....McCallens and Dublin Triumph are looking for €500+.

Advertisement