Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General chat thread... Links, pictures, banter etc

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 657 ✭✭✭flashinthepan

CJhaughey wrote: »
    Louis.ie and polomotorrad.de are both decent German shops and Louis postage is only 7.95 to Ireland.

are polomotorad and sportsbikeshop the same crowd ?

What about wemoto they have a .ie website but but the contact details are uk and even the .ie website says the uk's largest range of motorbike parts
    Would you get stiffed for customs charges anyone bought anything from them since brexit?
    Ta

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

The tans really made a mess of things, so many UK businesses going to loose an awful lot of business. Funny too that they were the least prepared for brexit out of all the European countries

The tans really made a mess of things, so many UK businesses going to loose an awful lot of business. Funny too that they were the least prepared for brexit out of all the European countries

I think they thought it would never happen that they could just keep pushing it out by another and another year

I feckin hate going on ebay now as you cant filter out uk results

You select European union and it still shows mostly uk sellers with extortionate postage charges

But they managed to update how much import tax you will have to pay like the global shipping program disaster
    But no option for those of us who do not want to see uk results where you are going to have to pay import taxes and charges to only see European results where there will not be extra charges from either the state or dpd or someone else

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,551 ✭✭✭✭Varik

MojoMaker wrote: »
    It's a bit of a con though. Switch your SBS account between ROI and UK and the only thing that changes is the presence/absence of the little words "ex-tax", the prices stay the same :rolleyes:

The prices are different for me.

Did you hit update.

Edit: Actually some stuff is showing as you said but others are working right.

Some RST stuff and a Rukka Jacket I had in basket did update properly but a Shoei helmet I looked at didn't.

Edit 2: Only found that helmets aren't working right, anything else I've tried seems to show to 2 different prices.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

are polomotorad and sportsbikeshop the same crowd ?

Polo are the parent company.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,085 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Varik wrote: »
    The prices are different for me.

Did you hit update.

Edit: Actually some stuff is showing as you said but others are working right.

Some RST stuff and a Rukka Jacket I had in basket did update properly but a Shoei helmet I looked at didn't.

Edit 2: Only found that helmets aren't working right, anything else I've tried seems to show to 2 different prices.

Helmets don't have vat on them in the UK . Ireland charges vat for this beautiful safety device

That is because of two reasons, firstly people believed what came out of politicians mouths was actually true.

The second is that because they exited the single market way back and were trying to do a deal, The departments responsible didn't know what information to give out because the deal was only agreed a few days before they actually left.

Its the same through all strata of their economy, and this is only what is currently known, there will be other things that come to light that are unknown and will only show up in the next while.

The chemical industry over in GB has to recreate the REACH legislation again.
    Estimates are £1bn and 6 years work.

Crazy stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,734 ✭✭✭MojoMaker

listermint wrote: »
    Helmets don't have vat on them in the UK . Ireland charges vat for this beautiful safety device

Forgot this - yep I was browsing helmets, totally missed the fact they are ex-VAT in the UK to start with.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭sonic85

I've a bit of wiring here that's in ok condition but one of the plugs is in very poor condition - basically falling apart. Does anyone know a company or even an individual that works with automotive wiring that could replace the plug for me?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭H_Lime

sonic85 wrote: »
    I've a bit of wiring here that's in ok condition but one of the plugs is in very poor condition - basically falling apart. Does anyone know a company or even an individual that works with automotive wiring that could replace the plug for me?

Put up a pic of the connector, we can show you how to do it yourself, it's easier than you may think and a skill worth knowing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭sonic85

H_Lime wrote: »
    Put up a pic of the connector, we can show you how to do it yourself, it's easier than you may think and a skill worth knowing.

I wont be able to do it till after work tomorrow evening but I'll post a pic then. Where would I get a replacement plug though?

sonic85 wrote: »
    I wont be able to do it till after work tomorrow evening but I'll post a pic then. Where would I get a replacement plug though?

Online or in a shop here someplace depending on where you are?
    What bike?
    Where is the connector with ref to heat/water?
    How many wires going into connector?
    Where's the wires coming from and going to?
    What di are the wires?
    Is there play on the wires or are they tight?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,473 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Saw a €10 crimping set in Lidl recently. Various connectors, crimping pliers etc.

Not your ornery onager

Could be the Reg/rec plug has gone bad if overheated due to corrosion, That's the main bad plug I see but I am interested to see what it is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,345 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

CBR600F3

drool :pac:

Anyone know what bike this is? Despite the caption it's not an R6 and not an SV1000, I am thinking priller?

Scrap the cap!

Anyone know what bike this is? Despite the caption it's not an R6 and not an SV1000, I am thinking priller?

2020 R6, The clutch cable has a Yamaha part number on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭robbie_63

Lost count of the number of times they took stupid risks overtaking vehicles

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Camera bike R6 and SV in front.

CJhaughey wrote: »
    2020 R6, The clutch cable has a Yamaha part number on it.

2017 onwards

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

My first year of insurance is up at the end of Feb, I'm with Principal now and they won't give me a renewal quote until the start of Feb so out of curiosity I rang Carole Nash and was quoted €460 fully comp (340ish TPFT) on the CBR600F3.

Last year I paid 780 TPFT, (fully comp was near twice that) on the CBR250 and when I changed it to the 600 they refunded me 60quid.

1 year NCB
    1st learner permit.

Hopefully I get an actual test soon enough to get it down a bit further but still happy enough with that.

Liberty refusing to quote

Following on here, got a mail from Principal this morning wanting 580TPFT 🙄

robbie_63 wrote: »
    Lost count of the number of times they took stupid risks overtaking vehicles
    The r6 sounds kinda weird?!
    If I were the dude on the sliver tourer at 55 seconds I'd be looking to shove that r6 up his arse.

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭robbie_63

H_Lime wrote: »
    The r6 sounds kinda weird?!
    If I were the dude on the sliver tourer at 55 seconds I'd be looking to shove that r6 up his arse.

Yeah it was mad how much trust he had in other vehicles to not pull out in front of him, if that was Ireland he would be dead about 30 seconds in!

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    I really wish it would stop raining so I can do anything to bike! Its been raining pretty much non-stop since Saturday :mad:
    Yep it has been like this since saturday ( muck )
    Have the new seals for the rear caliper but it has not stopped pissing down long enough to get out and take it off and bring in indoors to do :-(

I really wish it would stop raining so I can do anything to bike! Its been raining pretty much non-stop since Saturday :mad:

Sure get a garage 🙂

Have you seen the shed wars thread. Nothing wading into that :pac:

Of course I have, sure wasn't I winding up blade in it

:P

listermint wrote: »
    Of course I have, sure wasn't I winding up blade in it

:P
    I'm well used to you by now ya contrary oul fart.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭PCeeeee

Anyone have a Tracer 700? What are they like?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,306 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Even if it stops it takes days for anything to dry.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭zubair

PCeeeee wrote: »
    Anyone have a Tracer 700? What are they like?

Very well reviewed. But depending on what you're on now it would be worth considering if its much of an uograde.

Advertisement