Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General chat thread... Links, pictures, banter etc

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭goodlad

Yeah I have been looking at the Scala stuff. Deffo good kit.
    I just really like the integrated setup with the S2.

Sure will see what price I get back from fc-moto

• Registered Users Posts: 14,296 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    I got my Scala rider G9 for less then €300 for the pair.....McCallens and Dublin Triumph are looking for €500+.

Really is hard to shop locally when that's the price difference

Cienciano wrote: »

Absolutely man. I can accept a price difference but sometimes its bonkers.

I'm waiting to heard back from megabikes tomorrow to see how close they can come to online prices. They were looking for about 1350 and online is 1000 for the bits I want.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,375 ✭✭✭✭blade1

goodlad wrote: »
    Absolutely man. I can accept a price difference but sometimes its bonkers.

I'm waiting to heard back from megabikes tomorrow to see how close they can come to online prices. They were looking for about 1350 and online is 1000 for the bits I want.

Have you tried helmet city?
    I think they were doing money off the com if bought with a Schubert helmet.
    I forget what the price was though.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Mr Sheen!

Surprisingly enough that price is actually off an Irish company so it was a win win

• Advertisement

blade1 wrote: »
    Have you tried helmet city?
    I think they were doing money off the com if bought with a Schubert helmet.
    I forget what the price was though.

Yeah i was looking at that. Its kinda cheeky they way they are doing it.
    They are massively overcharging for the SRC system compared to everywhere else and then put on their discount which only bring it in line with the standard price of it everywhere else.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭fenris

I have a SRC installed, bought it at the same time as the helmet, it just works, buttons are easy to use with gloves and sound is grand.
    I commute approx. 350km each week and it gets charged once a week, so battery life is definitely still 6hours plus for regular use over the last 2 years.
    FM radio is handy for traffic and the call quality is very good even at 100km+
    Being able to start and stop music etc. Is very handy on longer spins

• Registered Users Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

Just broke my Ducking visor:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
    Most likely be a week until I get a replacement:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Just broke my Ducking visor:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
    Most likely be a week until I get a replacement:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

What size noggin are you?
    I've a few spare lids that never got a bang or anything.

Ya in Dublin?

What size noggin are you?
    I've a few spare lids that never got a bang or anything.

Ya in Dublin?

Im a large in a uvex. I lucked out and the first lid I ordered online actually fitted. Thanks for the offer Goodlad but ill sort something.

• Advertisement

Im a large in a uvex. I lucked out and the first lid I ordered online actually fitted. Thanks for the offer Goodlad but ill sort something.

Cool man, well if you change your mind let me know.
    Both my duchinni and shark lid are a Medium but a bit big on me which is why i don't use them. Sure if ya get stuck let me know

Cool man, well if you change your mind let me know.
    Both my duchinni and shark lid are a Medium but a bit big on me which is why i don't use them. Sure if ya get stuck let me know

Im in luck. The visor still works. It was the small plastic nib that broke off but the visor still moves up/down and the other clasp holds it in place. Sill ill search for a new lid as i wanted one with a pinlock

I just ordered my S2. My noggin is already excited :D

Ive to dash off to work soon. How did u find your HJC goodlad. Its in my price range. Any pros cons?

Found it brilliant. Bit noisy but other than that its brilliant.
    Internal sun visor, pinlock and comfortable.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

BARGAIN ALERT!!!!

Halfrauds for once have a great bargain instore, magnetic LED lamps made by RING are only €6 euro. Ideal for having in the garage or the cage....very good light out of them I got 3 of them.

Ive to dash off to work soon. How did u find your HJC goodlad. Its in my price range. Any pros cons?

Joe,

Sean has 2 perfect Duchini lids he is selling and I mean mint. He bought 2 AGV lids within a month of each other and are gathering dust. He is looking for small money for them.

PM if you want his number.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Lads how best do you clean your bike gear? My leather jacket is looking a bit rough, how should you clean it? I throw my gloves in the wash every once in a while but what about your lid? Do you take out the lining or is there an easier way?

Zascar wrote: »
    Lads how best do you clean your bike gear? My leather jacket is looking a bit rough, how should you clean it? I throw my gloves in the wash every once in a while but what about your lid? Do you take out the lining or is there an easier way?

My leathers and lid get cleaned with baby wipes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

My jacket hasn't been washed once it its 25 years!! (seriously), and if my RST pants last as long they won't be washed either.

I like the smell of a well worn helmet too :o

But I wash my bike and change my underwear :P

• Advertisement

Bike V Litter

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

what about your lid? Do you take out the lining or is there an easier way?
    I take the lining out and use a very small amount of shampoo to clean it and then rinse and dry well.
    Leave a helmet damp for long and you will find it turns into a petri dish with all kinds of stuff that you didn't know could grow in a helmet.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭prunudo

Bike V Litter

Fair play to her, hate people who litter. Although not sure if they're staged or not.

jvan wrote: »
    Fair play to her, hate people who litter. Although not sure if they're staged or not.

Yeah, it looks staged to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭zubair

My leathers and lid get cleaned with baby wipes.

Same. I use dettol wipes too, depends on which is closest to me.

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Joe,

Sean has 2 perfect Duchini lids he is selling and I mean mint. He bought 2 AGV lids within a month of each other and are gathering dust. He is looking for small money for them.

PM if you want his number.

Thanks Gary. Ill see how I get on for the mo. The visor still actually works and I reckon if I get some strong plastic glue I can sort it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭DLMA23

I use saddle soap on my leather jacket, cleans, conditions & waterproofs, had the same jacket for 20+ years now

CE armoured jeans get thrown into the washing machine with Nikwax Cotton Proof

I use the aldi leather wipes on my leathers and they are fabulous for cleaning them. I use W5 glass cleaner for my visors and then the lid too. I dont care about chemicals wearing away the lid it will be long gone before its a problem.

This chap sounds like BaronVonGrumble but I doubt its him.

What would you do?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

those type of lower brain cell morons thrive on a response - so I'd way up two responses... 1. Ignore the undertake and let him annoy someone else or 2. Respond by driving him into a wall.

Advertisement