Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General chat thread... Links, pictures, banter etc

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Mr Sheen!

This chap sounds like BaronVonGrumble but I doubt its him.

What would you do?

A Rule I like to follow. . . DONT overtake another bike unless you are gonna smoke that mother f*****!!

Two Morans on bikes in that video is all I see when I watch it to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

Im going to wait for a bad week of weather and then remove the carbs and clean them. Also going to play around with the balance etc etc.

Over 2 years on the bike and I finally bought a puncture repair kit:o

• Registered Users Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭gerrowadat

leppla wrote: »
    A Rule I like to follow. . . DONT overtake another bike unless you are gonna smoke that mother f*****!!

Two Morans on bikes in that video is all I see when I watch it to be honest.

Later in the vid you see hi's got a tinted visor, and you see him roaring at a lad running on the road in his other vids - sounds like if you're going to be a spa on the road you should expect others to be spas right back at you.

• Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭DubVelo

Over 2 years on the bike and I finally bought a puncture repair kit:o

:eek: You know that's just tempting fate, right? :D

Edit: Actually I need one of them. I already have the CO2 thing from the man-powered cycle, can you get a kit of the other bits somewhere?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭goodlad

DubVelo wrote: »

Edit: Actually I need one of them. I already have the CO2 thing from the man-powered cycle, can you get a kit of the other bits somewhere?

I just keep a can of that liquid crap that ya screw onto the tyre valve and spray it in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

DubVelo wrote: »

I got mine from http://www.horsepower.ie/catalogue/

27 euro with gas or 18 without gas. They are in longwood

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

The only problem you could possibly have with that clown is if he was following me on foot.....Mr Posh should have just floored it ffs!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭zubair

Why would anyone post a video of themselves being bullied by a kid on a 50cc bike with an L plate on the front.

zubair wrote: »
    Why would anyone post a video of themselves being bullied by a kid on a 50cc bike with an L plate on the front.

Because we need to stand up to bullys, they are everywhere. In all walks of life including motorbikes, the last big spin I remember everyone got an Ice Cream except me coz I was too slow......that hurt. Now I go as fast as I possibly can everywhere in practice for the next big spin I am on I AM GETTING AN ICE CREAM.

Yay for deliveries!

15101805278_645460860f_b.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,375 ✭✭✭✭blade1

goodlad wrote: »
    Yay for deliveries!

You're some man for ordering stuff goodlad!

Tasty bit of gear there!
    Nice one.

Well i needed a new lid after the recent knock so the insurance covered that.
    Needed new boots anyway. Had tried on a 42 and 43 in the shop an the 42 was deffo the best fit but it was the non goretex version as its all they had at the time.

These are the goretex version and deffo less space inside due to the liner and i ned a fecking 43! So gotta get them changed :o

Well i needed a new lid after the recent knock so the insurance covered that.
    Needed new boots anyway. Had tried on a 42 and 43 in the shop an the 42 was deffo the best fit but it was the non goretex version as its all they had at the time.

These are the goretex version and deffo less space inside due to the liner and i ned a fecking 43! So gotta get them changed :o

They won't loosen out a bit,no?

blade1 wrote: »
    They won't loosen out a bit,no?

Ah the sides of my feet were in bits after wearing them for 5 mins. My foot is almost sitting on sides of the boot on the inside instead of flat on the bottom of the boot.

There is also no real break in with these boot from what both the shop said and from 3 people i know with the same boots.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭Skill Magill

Feck your feet goodlad, whats the lid and src system like?

Only in the door with them so havent test the system yet.
    Doesnt look like the neatest SRC install as there are a few stray cables so going to remove it and put it back in myself later once the kids are in bed

A bottle of nighty nighty sleepy snoozy snooze should sort the kids out? :D
    Whats the fit like? Worth it?
    Will you be going for a spin on sunday?

The fit was a bit weird at first because there was something diggin into my head! haha. The charging port was just tucked into a weird place. All good now.

I have the SRC charging up now for 4 hours before first use so will give it a bash about 10:30

Really interested in the combo, what was the total for both circa 700lids? (still want them though :0

780 for the lid and SRC system.
    I actually might be out Sunday. Half my bike parts got to my mechanic today. If he gets the bars replaced tomorrow I will take the bike and drop it back next week when the plastics are delivered

• Advertisement

780 for the lid and SRC system.
    I actually might be out Sunday. Half my bike parts got to my mechanic today. If he gets the bars replaced tomorrow I will take the bike and drop it back next week when the plastics are delivered
    Where did you end up buying from?
    Is that the s2 or the s2 lines for that price?
    F*ck it, you're really tempting me now:pac:

I'm getting an Arai x4 fairly soon but the Schubert with all the bells and whistles would really be the job.

Its the S2 lines. Black lid with white lines.

I bought the Boots, lid and src from Megabikes. The cost was much higher originally but we had a chat about online prices and worked out a price we could both deal with. Deffo happy with the service!

I actually didnt want to head all the way back into Dublin city to them so my local bike shop just called megabikes and they sent the stuff down to him for me which was deadly.

Oh and just to mention. It comes stanard with a pinlock visor an includes a clear pinlock insert.
    Not to mention the savage bonus of registering your lid and if you have an accident over the next 5 years then schuberth will give you a new lid at 1/3 cost!

Its the S2 lines. Black lid with white lines.

I bought the Boots, lid and src from Megabikes. The cost was much higher originally but we had a chat about online prices and worked out a price we could both deal with. Deffo happy with the service!

I actually didnt want to head all the way back into Dublin city to them so my local bike shop just called megabikes and they sent the stuff down to him for me which was deadly.

Oh and just to mention. It comes stanard with a pinlock visor an includes a clear pinlock insert.
    Not to mention the savage bonus of registering your lid and if you have an accident over the next 5 years then schuberth will give you a new lid at 1/3 cost!
    S2 lines is gorgeous!
    What put me off Schubert in the past was the plain colours.
    I think I'll treat myself for Chrstmas!
    If I can wait that long:pac:

I've had the lid on for the last 20 mins getting my phone paired and getting used to the buttons. Its deadly. Music streams straight from the phone with no issues. Audio is crystal clear. Same for phone calls.

Absolutely delighted with this setup.

Edit: Actually having some crap with voice calls. When im speaking im told the voice cuts out a lot and the volume of my voice is going up and down a good bit. Just paired 3 different phones with it and rang a few different people each time and they all had the same complaint!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,296 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Goodlad, you clearly have too much money. PM me if you need help getting rid of some into my paypal account :pac:

Does it pair well with your blu tooth?

Cienciano wrote: »
    Goodlad, you clearly have too much money. PM me if you need help getting rid of some into my paypal account :pac:

Haha!. Sure insurance paid for it.

Does it pair well with your blu tooth?

Paired instantly with no issues. Was having some crap with voice cutting out but thats sorted now. Will do a load more test calls today but all in all I'm very happy with it.

blade1 wrote: »
    S2 lines is gorgeous!
    What put me off Schubert in the past was the plain colours.
    I think I'll treat myself for Chrstmas!
    If I can wait that long:pac:

I am heading over to the NEC in Birmingham in Nov, if anyone wants gear for a fraction of the price I will get it for them no probs. I got my Shark Evoline 3 with the new colours for €240 EURO and they are still being sold for €410 over here and close to it online.

NB: A neck like a jockies balls and a good haggle are needed to achieve such prices!

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    I am heading over to the NEC in Birmingham in Nov, if anyone wants gear for a fraction of the price I will get it for them no probs. I got my Shark Evoline 3 with the new colours for €240 EURO and they are still being sold for €410 over here and close to it online.
    Sounds like a ride out? New thread? Holidays in Birmingham!

• Advertisement

Sounds like a ride out? New thread? Holidays in Birmingham!

Do it every year now, was there last year and Yamaha have a full moto X course there for free. It was one of the best things I ever did, 2x15 min sessions flying around on an indoor course for FREE on a 250cc.

Happy Days.

Advertisement