Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General chat thread... Links, pictures, banter etc

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭blade1

zubair wrote: »
    Surely there's enough room for some cable ties under the seat so your spins aren't interrupted ;-}

No, My first aid kit takes up all the space :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,430 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

blade1 wrote: »
    No, My first aid kit takes up all the space :D

:pac: Speaking of, how are the staples?

:pac: Speaking of, how are the staples?

Went back to work last Monday.
    Got a bit light headed and felt like puking a few times during the day.
    Same thing Tuesday and Wednesday.
    Thursday morning felt nauseous and fuzzy headache going from one temple to the other.
    Work told me come in and sign in and go home whenever I want.
    Felt like this until Saturday night.
    Woke up Sunday morning,felt grand, went for spin.
    Sunday night and yesterday felt a little nauseous but not too bad.
    Feel ok today, a bit of ringing in my ear since last Thursday.

When I got the staples out a week after accident, I asked doctor what's the story with work?
    He said why would you be off work, you didn't damage your brain at all.
    I had two weeks holidays starting yesterday so at the moment I'm off anyway.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,430 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Weren't you on holidays in the first place? Mind yourself the concussion over time is shyte.

Weren't you on holidays in the first place? Mind yourself the concussion over time is shyte.

I was on holidays.
    Had only 2 days taken when they asked would I cover for someone gone out sick.
    Doctor shouldn't have left me back to work.
    I was supposed to be cleared by work nurse before going back but she was too busy to see me.
    Lovely :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Hope they restarted the clock on the holidays at a minimum.

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭robbie_63

Hi All,

Anyone got any recommendations on where to get a rear tyre in the southeast?

I think the rear tyre on my CBR650F is due, middle of the tyre has flattened out,

Cheers

Rob

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,253 ✭✭✭goblin59

the Pig is back off the road again.
    Bearings on the cushdrive collapsed over the weekend.
    Thankfully didn't cause any accidents, was only when I was checking the bike over before a Sunday spin I noticed the cushdrive had basically popped out of the wheel

DR-rear-wheel.jpg

Holy sheet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 429 ✭✭teediddlyeye

Anyone know of any dragsters ir similar cruisers >650cc going cheap? Prices online all over the place. Anything remotely reasonable not lasting too long.

"I never thought I was normal, never tried to be normal."- Charlie Manson

• Advertisement

Anyone know of any dragsters ir similar cruisers >650cc going cheap? Prices online all over the place. Anything remotely reasonable not lasting too long.

Seems to be a lot of people looking for them lately alright.
    I'd say mostly people starting out.
    Generally you're looking at €4k+ for a 2003 one.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭TheQ_Man

I was convinced something wasn’t right coming back from Enniskeane on Sunday night.

Here’s my answer

1292-D801-EE13-46-A6-B5-FE-6-CAFF21-A8-C32.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,121 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

TheQ_Man wrote: »
    I was convinced something wasn’t right coming back from Enniskeane on Sunday night.

Here’s my answer

Dafuq?

Here’s my answer

/quote]

Dafuq?

I’m thinking something got stuck in the hugger

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭zubair

robbie_63 wrote: »

I think the rear tyre on my CBR650F is due, middle of the tyre has flattened out,

Think?!

Overlanders.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭zubair

Anyone know the motorbike test route in tullamore? Not for me, obviously.

Some scumbags out there

F8718448-87-F7-418-C-B32-C-9-EE3032526-F1.png

Some scumbags out there

Scum. Some neck on them too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,007 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Just saw that, brazen as f*ck. KTM's just seem to attract the scumbags. Hopefully it turns up for the lad, but wouldnt be surprised if its into the wind now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,085 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Parking anything like that on your driveway you should have an alarm and or an alarm on the wheellock.

My wheel lock would go Bananas of the bike was shifted. Just can't take chances there's days even more so with newer developments having no real driveways with gates or walls to give some visibility restriction of your stuff.

• Advertisement

listermint wrote: »
    Parking anything like that on your driveway you should have an alarm and or an alarm on the wheellock.

My wheel lock would go Bananas of the bike was shifted. Just can't take chances there's days even more so with newer developments having no real driveways with gates or walls to give some visibility restriction of your stuff.

I always used to chain my my old bike to a steel pole on the street. Never got touched. I parked it in the driveway with just a disclock literally once or twice and it got lifted.

The boys in that video have a bolt cutters so if there was a chain, it must be poor enough to get snipped. Unless you pay a lot of cash, it's scary how ineffective and quickly removed a lot of bike security is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,085 ✭✭✭✭listermint

I always used to chain my my old bike to a steel pole on the street. Never got touched. I parked it in the driveway with just a disclock literally once or twice and it got lifted.

The boys in that video have a bolt cutters so if there was a chain, it must be poor enough to get snipped. Unless you pay a lot of cash, it's scary how ineffective and quickly removed a lot of bike security is.

If I've a driveway like the one on the image. In getting it chained to the house and I'm also putting a disklock alarm on the bike . I want as much noise as possible.

Scum. Some neck on them too.

It shows the level of fear in this country, there’s none.

GBX wrote: »
    Just saw that, brazen as f*ck. KTM's just seem to attract the scumbags. Hopefully it turns up for the lad, but wouldnt be surprised if its into the wind now.

They cut the anchor as well

listermint wrote: »
    If I've a driveway like the one on the image. In getting it chained to the house and I'm also putting a disklock alarm on the bike . I want as much noise as possible.

Same. All you can do is make it too much hassle and too much risk to bother stealing.

zubair wrote: »
    Think?!

Overlanders.ie

Only on the bike 7 Months so still getting my head around maintenance, etc.

Rear Tyre.

Tyre1.jpg

Tyre2.jpg

Tyre3.jpg

robbie_63 wrote: »
    Only on the bike 7 Months so still getting my head around maintenance, etc.

Rear Tyre.

Tyre1.jpg

Tyre2.jpg

Tyre3.jpg

Yep that's the rear tyre.

You're doing well. I reckon you'll recognise the front tyre by this time next week.

Yep that's the rear tyre.

You're doing well. I reckon you'll recognise the front tyre by this time next week.

Haha smart arse:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,007 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Whereabouts are you located? Not exactly southeast, but Mervyn in Bray Honda would sort you out if you don't get anywhere closer. Powers or Overlanders/AMI in Gorey also. #

but see if you can get the chicken strips swapped to the middle of the tyre :D

Mine are just as bad :pac: rarely use the full tyre width.
    But there is still a decent bit left on them. So wouldnt panic just yet.

• Advertisement

GBX wrote: »
    Whereabouts are you located? Not exactly southeast, but Mervyn in Bray Honda would sort you out if you don't get anywhere closer. Powers or Overlanders/AMI in Gorey also. #

but see if you can get the chicken strips swapped to the middle of the tyre :D

Mine are just as bad :pac: rarely use the full tyre width.
    But there is still a decent bit left on them. So wouldnt panic just yet.

Cheers will give overlanders a shout and see how much they will charge me,

yeah still working on the lean, came across a guy at the weekend going around a roundabout with the side pegs scraping off the ground!

Wife was like "what an ejit", I was jealous!

Advertisement